The new Hillbilly is complete trash

Not one charge time add-on except the one that makes you 110% and his iridescent add-on is speed limiter???? This is ridiculous

Comments

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

and his terror music is awful. Its honestly more poweful than monitor and abuse. I imagine with monitor and abuse that the TR sound is like 0 meters.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

the main reason i will never play billy again is he just feels ugly to play now,

the sounds are so annoying compared to the original saw noises and the roar he does is just straight up annoying

his addons are all trash ranging from the iridescent speed limiter that requires survivors to stand still at pallets to needing a rank 20 meg to shine a flashlight at you while backing up

the new tuning guide would be fine if there was no downside to it

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

What gets me is the fact it takes an eternity to cancel the saw if you decide it's better to use the hammer instead.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Theyre fixing the Lopro chains. And I havent noticed overheat at all. Youre just bad.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

Billy decent but addons complete trash. Maybe they fix them somehow? It's like I play add on less Billy. At least give him one charge and engraving without downside. Iris just joke

• NumB_16
    NumB_16 Member Posts: 78

And that was a great change. Billy is still the same. Only people that crutched on charge addons are upset

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

"but but nobody is asking for charge time add ons!!!" - cried the killer mains, yet here we are again.

Billy plays no different to his basekit before. The devs chickened out of the changes. Posts like these just go to show how people were using Billy before. It was all about those add ons.

Well don't worry. the devs caved again and gave him a new charge time add on. Just take enduring/spirit fury all game and eat pallets and you'll have improved charge times all game long.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

He is still the same. Nerf????????? I don't know what the devs did

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

The REAL Billy nerfs are the engravings nerf and the roar if he starts chainsawing. It essentially kills flick billy, a very good AND skillful build.

• Chloan
    Chloan Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2020

The only problem for me is double engravings are slower than before, I mean, they are trash. So, jungle gym flicks are impossible now, you are just so slow. You won't get a survivor if you try to do that. At short tiles like cars on Azarov - yeah, but jungle gyms - meh, just play a mediocre Billy, it's better now.

And again, they were crying that you didn't need skill to play him, so now after this change you should have good skill to play him (ahahaha). Yeah, flicks at most of the tiles are barely possible now, so the feature that required skill was deleted. He's just a backrev Billy now, the thing that is concidered to be noobish.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I'm against any killer nerf but love the new sound he makes. Just laugh everytime he does it so more fun to go against him now.

WRAAAAAAAH

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

That's the usual thing. People who abused cheap and busted Add-On's will now succ arse with new Base Billy because they won't have busted crap anymore.

People who played base kit Billy before will do just as fine with current Billy since those People didn't rely on certain Add-On's to win Matches.

Same happened when Nurse got reworked. People lost their precious Omega/3-5 Blink Nurse and then said the Killer was trash after the Rework but that's not the case because People who played Basekit Nurse before will do the same with current Nurse, I still think she needs other Basekit Changes and make her less miserable. Billy went from Garbage to pretty much the same as before but with actual slight basekit Changes and Restrictions which won't affect good Billy's but also nerfed the busted Add-On's.

Nurse already had Restrictions and now it's worse. They should've just increased the fatigue time since the Counter to Nurse makes more sense (hiding from her LoS while she can't see anything). But currently she sees you and can just hold W and don't you dare mess up a Blink because you didn't wait for the 100 % but only 98.9 % so no 2nd Blink for you (which is the most frustrating Part).

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Yikes... Can't play him at base charge?

He's totally fine for people that didn't have to use his best addons all the time or facecamp with the chainsaw out.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I played Hillbilly a lot prenerf and had low low expectations. He’s still exactly the dominating force he was before. Just the add ons were removed.

Granted they were good addons.

But he doesn’t need them.

The silent Billy builds coming out are actually a lot of fun and didn’t exist before. Looking forward to the hotfix so his addons get a slight boost.

• FaSo
    FaSo Member Posts: 4

Try to curve now, i bet you weren't even a billy main.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

Never seen him since.

Same for Nurse, and Spirits are rare too.

All good killers get nerfed to become "normalized" with other crap killers.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

Billy is fine, overheat pretty much doesn't exist and his addons needed a check, instasaw was overused and drift is fine to me.

He's still viable all the way and doesn't feel particularly nerfed.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Alright, calling out on Billy in general and just talking about the addons...

"Speedlimiter" is outdated, you just get a free hit now when the survivor times the pallet bad. This is actually a really good addon now. So is the Leafy Mash (combine it with Infectious Fright) and Apex Muffler (combine it with Tinkerer for example or the other Iri addon). Just as examples. And the drift king is still available. Tuning Guide is Bubba btw

• MrDardon

No I am not. But what does your comment have to do with the discussion at all? I was talking about something completely different, stop dodging the topic with something no one is talking about.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Billy Roar is OP

• Steel_Eyed

You can 100% curve with Hillbilly. As far as I can tell it’s exactly the same.

• crixus006

If you say so, the "nerf" was ridiculous he still has the same velocity,if chainsaw never overheats... What Is the difference between old and new Billy?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

This is a bigger hit to Billy than it was Nurse. As a Nurse main, I can tell you that she still has great mindgames to enforce. Billy is not hitting skilled survivors with the chainsaw. The character is totally unviable against good teams now. It's easier just to use Nurse.

• Steel_Eyed

No charge or cooldown add ons. Chainsaw camping comes at a cost. That’s the crux of the change.

The primary concern was that Hillbilly would be too difficult to play basekit. There’s no issues there in my experience. They actually did a good job with this change.

Itll be great when they update the add ons.

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

Hillbilly is literally a "poopier" stiffer non-mindgame version of oni.

• MrDardon

Yeah, he migh be weaker but that wasn't my point.

It's about those People who abused those broken Add-Ons who call Billy trash now because they relied on unbalanced Add-Ons to win just like they did with Nurse.

People who always played Base Billy won't notice any difference at all when they were good with him.

• Sacre
    Sacre Member Posts: 38

He's worse, sure.

Trash?

Absolutely not.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Oh god, I hope Billy is fine. I never really used add-ons on him so if his base kit more or less remained the same, he should be fine...

I did the "Iron Billy" challenge a few months ago (No perks, no add-ons, no offerings from Rank 20 to Rank 1) and it only took me about 14 hours with a 100% winrate (always 3-4 kills and always pip/double pip).

A bit scared to test him now...

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115

Why play Billy when you can play Leatherface- the factual, better, chainsaw killer!

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

The fact he has literally one sound for his charge speaks volumes to me about how much effort goes into the games tbh. Even the grunts in Titanfall 2 have more voicelines, and they're bloody NPCs. There needs to be 3-5 fairly unique lines for him charging. I'm sure BHVR definitely didn't record only 1 take of the line.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Your argument applies to pretty much every Killer.

As for Billy, there's more to it than just blindly following a looper. You can pick the area you want to chase people, you can pick the area where you want to defend the last gens. You can quickly switch targets and catch Survivors in bad positions near exposed gens ect.

So yea, I can loop most Billys for 5 gens straight because they blindly follow me through the safe zones. Good Billys will switch targets and eventually catch someone off guard and that's usually when the snowballing begins.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Sorry, but lot of survivors are not semi gods as you describe yourself. We want to have fun too.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I was playing Billy today and I had a real hard time getting my chainsaw to fully over heat. I mean the threshold for over heating is so high you literally have to go out of your way to make it over heat.

• crixus006

Hahaha 😂 what's the meaning of that, Billy is so strong and final

• crixus006

your comment only shows how weak you are, I can play with all the killers and I would continue defeating you without getting my hands dirty, even with Billi without using the chainsaw ... if you were as good as you say ... you would see that Billy is more powerful that other killers, he has speed, with a single hit he knocks you out, what more do you want in a killer? hahaha easier nor can . you better play with Barbies if you want an easy game like playing with Billy ...

I have 4 k in this game and I play with all killers, I so strong with everyone...

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I'm over these threads so here's the truth plain and simple.

If you used to play Billy but you no longer can, it's because you weren't actually good. You were just used to having a one shot that you could spam without consequence. Adjust and play better

• crixus006

To finish with someone as pathetic as you, who only tries to challenge people instead of giving opinions, I play on Xbox and it is more difficult to play on consoles than on PC. the reason is very simple, on PC you can control the killer with the whole hand and on consoles you must control him with only your thumb, even an monkey like you will understand that using 5 fingers, a wrist and a complete hand is better than just a thumb.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

lol

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

As a rank 1 billy main on xbox one, i could care less about his charge time add ons. Billy use to be super fun to play but now even at base kit he feels clunky.

Any real billy main will tell you billy just feels funny. His overheat mechanic basically doesnt exist it pretty doesnt affect his normal gameplay, but his roar and his movement just isnt right anymore.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020

My opinion on it is that people that weren't abusing him, especially on some maps, probably didn't have to make too much of an effort adjusting to the changes and may not even notice them much. The hillbilly should have been looked at 4 years ago, though I don't blame people that abused him considering swf also should have addressed as long ago. But taking a look into hillbilly was justified, it's just the degree of how he's touched where disagreements would be. After he's been used a while and they get more feedback, especially considering how unhappy killer players are becoming in general lately,t hey'll probably touch him up a bit to safer degrees like with addons or something.

When somebody comes back after 4 years, farts around doing a chase daily for the hillbilly and a rift challenge at the same time using rtss overlay to time it accurately... then procedes to whirl around the map and kill 3 guys and feels bad enough to let the fourth wiggle out at the gate when they don't even know what they were doing theirself any more a killer needed some tuning. I was shocked they hadn't done anything about him after even 4 years when I came back a couple or few months ago. I was equally surprised I wasn't encountering a lot of them msyelf as a survivor because of how easy he was to use.

• IllIllIllx23
    IllIllIllx23 Member Posts: 1

You and your max tier loopers won’t do ######### against my max tier mastered nurse

• Steel_Eyed

It's really interesting how many people threw Billy off the top of the mountain with this nerf. In my opinion he's still a top tier killer. It's very strange that others dropped him without charge addons.