Nurse is garbage

I could see how she might be capable on PC but srsly

I don't even know where to begin.

The fatigue after blinking on top of the cool down is just too much.

Her add-ons are a straight joke.

Survivors can literally outrun her and just twitch to the left or right when they hear her blink.

Half the time you can't even tell where you're going to blink to. The other half of the time it doesn't work anyway.

You get the tiniest 2 second window of opportunity to charge and release a second blink.

How?! How?!

There's literally nothing intimidating about her whatsoever

Comments

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Yeah, nobody complains about her add ons anymore so I guess the major complaints were solved.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Learning nurse is not rewarding anymore. She's fun for me after 1000+ hours, but only because i can ignore when the game robs me from perfect blinks due to bugs.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

What do you think would make her playable again, especially for players new to her?

• RNG_is_fun
    RNG_is_fun Member Posts: 13

On console she is without a doubt the worst killer in the game. Her blinks rarely get her past obstacles and she can very easily be countered by just running at her when she holds a blink. She is severely limited by the controller.

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86

The nurse is a lot of fun to play, please don't change her.

• Sadsnacks

OMG this is what they do to me! I thought I could mind game it by cancelling my blink by tapping my M1 attack, similar to huntress, but it still gives you a fatigue the only difference is you don't go anywhere!

• Sadsnacks

You're saying that because you're worried they'll make her worse or because your a survivor main who wants to keep killers as weak as possible?

🤨

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It's literally what BHVR wanted, no one to use her.

No one sees her at higher ranks anymore, I don't see her anymore so problem solved.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

The Hillbilly rework, in retrospect, was well done. The PTB was concerning. Very concerning. But so was Doctor’s PTB and he also came out great.

Nurse is the only arguable failure yet several fog whisperers insist she’s the best.

I find her frustrating even while winning. Only killer that makes me want to put the game down after a 4k.

• NursesBootie

I think the most important thing is fixing her bugs. It's very frustrating to perform a perfect blink as beginner and get robbed because nurse just don't wants to M1 after the blink.

The CD is a clunky mechanic. To make it more smooth i would allow nurse to regain charges while charging her blink at a much lower rate. That would remove the frustrating scenarios where you charge your second blink to 99 and perform one blink just to have to charge two blinks again.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

She's designed around a mouse. I can't even imagine trying to use her with a clunky gamepad. I could say much the same for the rest of the game, but it goes doubly for the nurse.

• Eynox

She's fun in her current state, I play her more than any other killer. She took a long time to learn but has a high skill cap. If you're trying to hit someone after your first blink you're playing her wrong.

• Eynox

I'll agree in some maps like Silent hill when you blink and go no where it's frustrating

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I play her on PS4. I find her a lot of fun and frustrating at the same time. I don't suck that much anymore and I'm getting more precise with my blinks now. I don't use add ons for her as I'm trying to learn her with her gimped base kit.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Nurse is just one of those killers that takes lots lf hours to learn but once the nurse is mastered shes a monster to go against.

We've all been playing survivor and came across that one nurse that you thought was gonna be trash like the rest, and then she totally destroys your whole team like your rank 20s.

Im talking about every blink is a hit and nobody can do any gens because it seems like someone is always hooked another is slugged, ones in chase and last one is making rescues.

If you havent had a game like this, then you havent been playing dbd long enough.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

You are talking sh8t about her as if she was worse than Clown. When in fact she is still objectively one of two most powerful killers in the game, when played right. Is this a meme-post?

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2020

She is definitely not great on console. I've put hundreds of hours into DBD on PS4, have maybe encountered 2 good Nurse players in all that time. Kind of wish they gave her console only buffs like shorter fatigue or faster base movement speed or something, but I guess with crossplay coming up that will never happen now.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

Spirit is better. She is not only light years easier to play, but she is straight up better imo, especially when comparing no add-on nurse vs no add-on spirit.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Just wondering:

Out of 10 matches, how many would you say you win without getting frustrated?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438
    edited August 2020

See, this is the problem. Her power can be frustrating, but mostly i play her when i get tired of gen rush and getting looped multiple times due to dead harding for distance and so on. I think the problem is that shes so disorienting to play, like, every 5 seconds your screen is shaking.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2020

Yeah. It's so dumb. She's the only Killer who gets a major drawback for her Power. Legion's are similar but it's not major because at least they can see where survivors are and have a fast speed.

• NursesBootie

I disagree and i got over 1k hours only on nurse. Spirit is stronger because she's less buggy and less map dependant.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited August 2020

I admit I don't play Nurse much, but what do you mean 'shaking'?

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

I believe that if console was capped to 60 fps, playing Nurse would be a better experience. I have had no problems facing Nurse as a survivor cause she was a high rank skill gap which meant when I did, they were either "Get 4k easy" good or "Slug camp that 1 guy with NOED" bad.

They had to nerf her in a sense as when you mastered her she was usually a breeze b#tch slapping you. The fact she had 4 blinks "sure lots of fatigue" but not just that "mega blink" it had to change.

Now I feel Nurse in regards to skill and balance is fine, it's just console needs to change to cater to keep up with her because out of all killers, she needs the perfect connection the most in order to play and utilize what shes got going for her.

In regards to Spirit, again, all they did was make her counterplayble. No silent phase, broken collision mechanics that again, like a breeze b#tch slapping you. Yet they gave her the speed increase coming out while taking things.

Billy was low risk high reward when he got chainsaw hits. Sure most people say hug wall but it still doesnt stop the better turning and evidently him just touching your ass for easy saw. Combined with hitbox "separate issue" getting hit behind trees, running after vaulting a window, other side of pallets. It was frustrating for many.

Only thing for Huntress id say that needs changing is Iri heads, dont mind her having them, just make it like Deathslinger coin or make it that she can only have one and unable to have more than one.

All in all, I'd say these killers are still better than many give credit for.

• Eynox

I think people's define winning differently. If just killing 4 people = winning for you then I think you're playing wrong. IMO idk. When I play the nurse I consistantly get decent games / pips maybe not a 4k every game but she definitely has snowball potential and can at any point turn a game around.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

Nurse isn't garbage, she's just not fun.

• Endersan
    Endersan Member Posts: 54

Have u seen nurse on mobile? Even baby dwights can bully nurses on mobile XD

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

Nurse is absolute trash. No matter how many hours you pour "mastering" her, she is inherently bad after the nerf.

And I am sick of everyone's theoretical "Nurse is best killer, hurr durr!" while never touching her themselves.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Um, Nurse and Spirit are objectively the best 2 killers in the game. It's why they are the only two killers you ever see in competitive tournaments. If one is banned, they go to the other killer and vice versa. Nurse's ability to end chases so quickly is why she's so good. And her ignoring the survivors ONLY form of defence is why she is so hard to play + why she fatigues after EVERY blink.

Saying her add-ons are "a straight joke" makes me think you don't remember versing pre-rework Nurses. 4 blink or omega blink Nurse was the bane of my existence. Especially 4 blink, it didn't matter if the Nurse was kinda bad she would have so many opportunities to keep blinking she would hit you regardless. Just use fatigue reduction and recovery time add-ons and it's just like old Nurse's base power.

While I agree her rework was pretty bad and could've been done way better, she is still the best killer in the game next to Spirit despite her bugs and clunky gameplay. Spirit is more consistent in my opinion because I don't think she is limited map-wise like Nurse is, but Nurses power is definitely better when mastered.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Is 'this killer isn't fun to play' and 'this killer is ineffective and garbage' the same thing? No, it isn't. She isn't really that fun to play for most people. She can feel clunky, unrewarding and messy, that doesn't mean she's an objectively bad killer. Those two statements have absolutely no correct correlation with each other

• Bubblan
    Bubblan Member Posts: 21

I'm a nurse main, she dosen't need any buffs. Very strong killer if you know how to play.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Although she has many bugs and issues ranging from major to minor, there are very few instances where you will encounter *seriously* detrimental bugs with her power (the ones that literally make her unplayable). Just because these very uncommon occasions exist, that doesn't exclude the 95% or so where she works fine enough to play her efficiently. And when you are able to play her efficiently, it really shows. She is able to ignore essentially all normal aspects of the game. She ignores pallets, windows, walls, loops, gen control, etc. Just because she is messy and more unreliable compared to other strong killers such as Spirit or Freddy, that does not mean she is bad.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

They deleted the nurse without deleting the nurse."But if you master her she is the best killer". Well, good for the 2 people that have mastered her (i'm not sure if that many people have mastered her yet)

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I think that says more about you than the Nurse. A good Nurse literally just downs you without you able to do anything at all. It's not nearly as bad as it was before, and yes, she's difficult to learn to play properly and very frustrating as you learn to use her power, so most people just don't even bother. But when you go up against a master nurse player, it's unlike anything else in DBD. There is NOTHING you can do. There is no escaping. There is only your inevitable death.

• OkKiLLer
    OkKiLLer Member Posts: 118

She’s not impossible on console lol I have all of her achievements except adepts. U need to practice the killer before making assumptions.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I got from rank 4 to rank 1 by playing Nurse on Xbox, so bad not even close. But I do better with Hag. If Nurse is even better on PC as many say then she must be a nightmare for survivors to face.