The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Farming killers.

P3Nea
P3Nea Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Now on dead by daylight you would brobaly have encountered a farming killer. Well I really don't like them and other survivors don't like them to. Why? Because there not fun to play with. The reason you hit ready is to play AGAINST a killer not to farm some bloodpoints with them. It's not fun and very boring. I have encountered 2 farming killer's and 1 afk in a single day. In my opinion it should be against the rules and something a killer should be punished for because there basicly ruining the game expierence and are just to lazy to get there bloodpoints by actualy playing the game.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164
    edited May 2020

Farming is against the rules and bannable if not everyone in the game wishes to farm. I'm not sure why you would think it's allowed as it's always been against the rules of the game...

Edit: Watching the video, everyone in there seem to be on board with the farming, which to my knowledge at least is when it makes farming ok (or maybe a situation where it's "technically" still against the rules but no one is gonna snitch on themselves for farming).

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

It's not. I have talked about this so many godd*mn times my man it is not.

The word "farming" is used very loosely and thrown around a bunch, farming for BP is not bannable have you ever heard of anyone being banned because a lobby of 5 people all willingly participated in behavior that could be considered farming? Because news flash: if 5 people who are all randoms working together in a lobby willingly, who the hell is going to report them?

"Oh, well I guess I hadn't thought about it that way before-" OFCOURSEYOUHAVEN'T.

Bruh!!!!

*Deep inhale*

Now, if we're talking farming as in griefing, yes that is a bannable offense. But that needs to be specified because again, farming is a very loose term however, op specifically singled out "bloodpoints" meaning he is not talking about the actual bannable form. Griefing can mean a lot of things, it can mean holding the game hostage like a killer pinning a survivor in a corner and not letting them go, it can also mean survivors working with the killer to reveal their location get them hooked, unhook them right away for the killer to down immediately and hook again. Both of those examples are very clearly malicious and predatory practices.

However, Bloodpoint farming is entirely harmless because it requires the joint of effort multiple survivors and the killer, it can be done with a single one from either side but it is extremely inefficient this way.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Survivors: "Killers need to sweat less and just have fun and let everyone get stuff done."

Also Survivors: "NOT LIKE THAT!"

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

Except I did think about the difference in farming (Which to be fair to you, it looks like you didn't see that as the quote of mine is missing my edit so presumably you were writing your post after I put in my thing).

So yes, you are correct and I apologize for the confusion that there is a difference between Bloodpoint Farming (which looks to be what this fella did) and "Grief Farming" as you put it (that one being the not allowed version).

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to force somebody to farm with you. As in, the killer and one survivor are working together to get points off another survivor. I've never heard anywhere that it's against the rules to farm in general. If you don't want to farm, nothing's stopping you from doing your gens and leaving.

I'm not saying it's a perfect scenario, but I just don't recall ever hearing it's against the rules, as long as you're not just holding somebody hostage and forcing them to farm.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
  • emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I'll add this to the survivor rulebook for killers

Right in between page 343 and 344

• P3Nea
    P3Nea Member Posts: 3

I see now it's alright it can get a little annoying when ever you want to play aggressive and you get 3 farming killers in a row. Don't you think it can get a little borring or annoying overtime? Though right now after reading you're comments I do not think its illegal anymore for killers to farm.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Every one gets mad about suiciding on the hook, but this is the killer equivalent.

I didn't ready up to farm. I readied up to play a game.

If you're just going to dc/suicide on first hook, why ready up?

Same with farming, why even bother playing killer?

You want a chill game , then play less sweaty or play survivor.

• Clevite

C'mon, dont be that guy. We can't complain about DS and all the other BS, stating a killers job is to kill.

Then turn around and say, unless he wants to farm that is.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited August 2020

Listen if you can't get hip with the thousands of hours you'd need to play to get perks unlocked i don't know how to help. If one match goes farm that's 5 players who saved potentially 4-5 matches or hours off there grind time EACH

Its a favor. Its a service. And it should be praised

And if you dont like it do gens and walk out

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

When I farm as killer I play a normal game, except don't give death hook. I usually just let them wiggle off or if the match is taking a long time I carry them to a teammate on a gen and drop them.

This way I get pretty normal BP and emblems and survivors get a ton of BP. I've had a few matches where 2 survivors got 32k and probably didn't realize I was farming until the end

• Clevite

That is exactly what I do. I was just voicing why so many survivors dislike farming. Plus if you do it as a killer, then never complain about survivors killing themselves on the first hook.

Some of us have plenty of bloodpoints and play for the experience and the fun. Not for some boring ass farming game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You seem like the kind of person to get salty or respond "no I want a normal game" to a farmer, then when they hook you and you die, get mad about it.

You want a normal game, you can have it. And then move on to another one.

• Carpemortum

"Play less sweaty".

As in, chasing for fun and letting everyone get max bp? Like farming?

• Clevite

No, as in maybe not really caring if you 4k or not. No need to slug the for the 4k. Don't tunnel, don't camp hooks.. etc.

Good try tho.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

Actually, I enjoy farming killers once in a while. They don't come often, and when they do it's free points.

• Carpemortum
    edited August 2020

So again, farming fits those. Killer doesnt care if they 4k. Dont need to slug. Doesnt tunnel or camp.

Idk why people are so upset about free points. It's like 1/20 games it even happens, and you can always do gens and leave. Or give up on hook when they hook for points. It's not hard to get the farmers attention to hook you.

Then you just, and this one is tough for most stubborn dbd players, move the ######### on to the next game.

• Clevite

That is exactly what I said I do.

I don't know why people are getting that confused. I have literally said that at least twice in this thread. I just do gens and leave.

That doesn't make it a fun game. I don't care about the points, all p3 level 50 1 million points in the bank and 80,000 shards. I don't give a ######### about bloodpoints.

I want to learn to be a better survivor and practice against a killer that wants to kill me.