The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Failed To Join The Game

Khalednazari
Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

UPDATE :  The dev team has decided to trace the issue case by case. Post all the details the dev team needs to resolve the issue. Here's the link : 

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1

Since today, I am facing this issue wherein upon finishing a match as a killer or survivor I'm stuck with this circle on the right for a few minutes, and I cannot go back to the main menu or join the game until it disappears on its own, or upon restarting the game. I am facing this issue on PS4. Would like to know if anyone else is facing it, too and whether or not, they know a fix. Thanks. 

DAY 3
 It is confirmed that many players are facing this issue now, as more and more affected players are coming out and expressing their concerns. This issue seems to have only affected the PS4 players, since no xbox player has come forward to talk about this issue.

DAY 4

Positive. CM Not_Queen has confirmed that the dev team is very much aware of the situation and, assessing it by trying to reproduce it. If any player who is facing this is issue, is aware of what action could have possibly led to this bug, kindly post it in the comments below. It'll be easier for the dev team to reproduce this bug on their system and get it fixed. Thanks.

DAY 5 :

1. There seems to be a consensus on the timeline of the first instance of the appearance of this issue. It seems to have started after the Shrine update / ritual update / trapper cosmetic store update. 

2. This may not be a PS4-specific issue only, since a player @CeeJaylx is experiencing this on xbox, too. 

Post edited by Khalednazari on

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

If its on console they are currently doing some extensive FPS/optimization "shadow" fixes that are affecting connectivity at various times and for various lengths of time.

If its on PC then I sadly cannot say. I would wager it could be because DBD still shares part of their server space with console players, and this could be causing an affect.

I play on PS4 myself so my knowledge of PC related issues in minimal at best.

• Khalednazari
    It's happening on PS4. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Khalednazari said:
    It's happening on PS4. 

Then my post regarding console stands. You will probably see this problem persist or will see various other issues as from a few days ago right up until December (as the Devs claim) they are working to optimize console performance. Expect a wide variety of issues and fixes.

I hope you like roller coasters because DBD is a big one.

• Khalednazari
    Lol. I'm just surprised. Since this issue started out of the blue today. Never faced it before. 
  • Khalednazari
    This is annoying af. I need to know if it is just me or others are facing this issue, too. Kindly help. 
  • BudTheSlug
    BudTheSlug Member Posts: 4
    It's happening to me too since late last night. After every game I have to quit the game and restart. PS4 also. Same little cursor circle on the right of screen. Reset internet and router, no dice
  • Khalednazari
    Glad to know that I'm not alone. But it is still unfortunate. The lobby wait times are already bad and over that, we have this now. If any mod or dev here can acknowledge the issue it will be great. @not_Queen @Patricia_BHVR @McLean @Peanits

BudTheSlug 
    It's happening to me too since late last night. After every game I have to quit the game and restart. PS4 also. Same little cursor circle on the right of screen. Reset internet and router, no dice

• Khalednazari
    Bump
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

Started this same topic in ps4 bug section a little bit ago. Didnt c yours til just now being in discussion. Same problem here since this morning.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

Just started for me as well. However, not affecting four of my other friends. odd.

• dpds
    dpds Member Posts: 52
    I also have it and more lags, much longer matchmaking and 400-500 ping lobbies. Nice game.
  • Khalednazari

Started this same topic in ps4 bug section a little bit ago. Didnt c yours til just now being in discussion. Same problem here since this morning.

Let's keep this topic up untill it gets noticed by some mod or dev, who can convey our message to the team. 
  • Khalednazari

Just started for me as well. However, not affecting four of my other friends. odd.

Same. Even my friends aren't affected yet. It's very strange. Until yesterday, I was thinking it was just me. Had to keep this thread alive to have some more responses. Will keep doing that. 
  • Johncenasintern
    Johncenasintern Member Posts: 17
    Just keeps spamming triangle until it loads into a game. It's what I do. 
  • Khalednazari
    Just keeps spamming triangle until it loads into a game. It's what I do. 
    Actually, you do not need to do that, it automatically disappears after 1-2 or 3 minutes. But the thing is that, I do not think this is intended. It never happened before, and it's causing annoyance and inconvenience to players since there's nothing one can do about it. 
  • Khalednazari
    Bump
  • Khalednazari
    New patch? Issue still persists. 
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Honestly it’s only a PS4 problem because I play on both consoles (don’t judge me) and it doesn’t happen when I’m on Xbox one but it does happen on PS4 
  • Khalednazari
    Honestly it’s only a PS4 problem because I play on both consoles (don’t judge me) and it doesn’t happen when I’m on Xbox one but it does happen on PS4 
    Is it happening with you after every game, too?
    Also, I see that not all players are affected. Some of my friends do not have this issue yet, while others do. Do you remember any specific or odd action you did before this bug started to occur? 
  • iiExploit
    iiExploit Member Posts: 5

Happening to me too.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Is it happening with you after every game, too?
    Also, I see that not all players are affected. Some of my friends do not have this issue yet, while others do. Do you remember any specific or odd action you did before this bug started to occur? 
    It happens after every killer game (haven’t played survivor) but no I played the game naturally and it started like everyone else 2 nights ago. I thought it was my connection but it’s fine. Thought I’d check it out on the forums and I’m glad I’m not the only one but It doesn’t happen when I’m on my Xbox one so maybe it’s a bug on PS4?
  • PacGuzi
    PacGuzi Member Posts: 7
    I'm having this issue too, since two nights ago. But like all you said, my friends can play normally. I hope some DBD devs can see this ASAP
  • rebelhunter316
    rebelhunter316 Member Posts: 102
    Me as well. Every time I leave a match I get this circle. Please look into this devs.
  • PacGuzi
    PacGuzi Member Posts: 7

Same here, lets hope the devs look this more sooner than later. Its kinda annoying to restart the game after every match.

• rebelhunter316
    Bump
  • βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Yeah to fix it just download dead by daylight through Steam and play it there. Worked for me.

• rebelhunter316
    edited September 2018
    βLAKE said:

Yeah to fix it just download dead by daylight through Steam and play it there. Worked for me.

It's not working for the PS4
  • βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@rebelhunter316 said:
    βLAKE said:

It's not working for the PS4

• rebelhunter316
    edited September 2018
    Waa waa. Would be nice if the Developers would acknowledge this bug or glitch. Whatever it is. Cuz it's becoming more consistent.
  • rebelhunter316
    DAY 3

EDIT :  It is now confirmed that many players are facing this issue, as more and more affected players are coming out and expressing their concerns. This issue seems to have only affected the PS4 players, since no xbox player has come forward to talk about this issue. We just want this issue to get noticed, and want a confirmation from the devs or the mods that they are aware of the issue and are working towards the fix. Kindly help us out. 

I have a few friends that doesn't have this issue. So I not sure what going on. I just wish a Dev or someone to address the issue.
  • Khalednazari
    edited September 2018
    I have a few friends that doesn't have this issue. So I not sure what going on. I just wish a Dev or someone to address the issue.
    I'm guessing that maybe some in-game/in-lobby/in-menu action is forcing this issue out. But I don't remember doing anything. The first game I played that day, it's happening ever since. 
  • rebelhunter316
    I'm guessing that maybe some in-game/in-lobby/in-menu action is forcing this issue out. But I don't remember doing anything. The first game I played that day, it's happening ever since. 
    Same. I had this issue come to be after 2 days ago. Maybe after the patch. I not sure but it getting tiresome....
  • Khalednazari
    The patch 1.41 came out yesterday and it didn't fix the issue. If I revisit the timeline, I can safely say that I faced this issue 'few hours after the shrine update' when I played my first game of that day. That was the last change that happened to the game before that bug started appearing. 
  • rebelhunter316
    The patch 1.41 came out yesterday and it didn't fix the issue. If I revisit the timeline, I can safely say that I faced this issue 'few hours after the shrine update' when I played my first game of that day. That was the last change that happened to the game before that bug started appearing. 
    Ya I think that the issue if I had to agree.
  • CrimsonPuppeteer
    CrimsonPuppeteer Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 22
    I'm just here to say that I have the same problem. Well, I'm off to play other games until this gets fixed... Still waiting to get enough money to buy dbd on computer
  • CrimsonPuppeteer
    It's getting worse. Now I can hardly get into the game (stuck in the loading screen for five mins) and after I do get in and try to join a lobby/make one, half of the time the game complains about me not having internet connection... And back to the 5 min loading screen... No problem with internet connection, works just fine on both phone and computer. 
  • Khalednazari
    UPDATE :  Switching to WiFi connection from a wired connection seemed to have fixed the issue. But I do not wish to play on a wifi network. What kind of connection are you guys playing on? 
  • CrimsonPuppeteer
    I've tried both WiFi and WLAN, having the same problems with both 
  • rebelhunter316

Bump

• CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2018
    I am facing this bizzare issue. Any fixes? Solution? #MeToo
  • Khalednazari
    CodyJia said:
    I am facing this bizzare issue. Any fixes? Solution? #MeToo
    Not yet. :/
  • Khalednazari
    not_Queen said:

Hello!
    Thanks for the reports.
    Just to reassure you, our team is checking up this issue!
    We can't reproduce this bug internally so it's a little difficult to fix.
    Will give news when we know more!

Thank you so much! It's a huge relief to know that the team is aware. The bug is very inconsistent and hasn't affected all players yet, but once if affects someone it stays that way forever. I'm not sure what caused the issue, but I can safely say that, it showed up after my first game on the day the shrine was updated. I'll try my best to provide more information as soon as I gather any. 
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@not_Queen is awesome. It's nice to see responses to threads that aren't just threads praising the game or dev team, like some other studios I used to play under coughBlizzardcough

• lucassimbelis
    lucassimbelis Member Posts: 3
    I play one game than appears "failled to join the game" when I try to play another one, so I close and open the game to play one more match and happen all over again.
  • Floofball
    Floofball Member Posts: 1
    Hella bump
  • Khalednazari
    I play one game than appears "failled to join the game" when I try to play another one, so I close and open the game to play one more match and happen all over again.
    It happens after every match.
  • rebelhunter316

@not_Queen said:
    Hello!
    Thanks for the reports.
    Just to reassure you, our team is checking up this issue!
    We can't reproduce this bug internally so it's a little difficult to fix.
    Will give news when we know more!

Thanks queen. I saw beginning to worry no one read the threads. Glad you guys are working on it. it must be hard to duplicate something not everyone can experience. Hope you guys saw this issue as soon as possible. Thanks again.