MMR is working great

Desh
Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Queue times are much shorter now for both Killer and Survivor (on PC), actually enjoying a healthy level of gameplay where I'm not tearing my hair out in frustration from extremely good (and/or extremely toxic) Survivors nor am I going against baby players. Initially that's how it started out but it's skyrocketed me where I need to be.

All in all, props so far for the new system.

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,723

And here I thought I was the only one having good luck with the system. Of the games I've played today they were all pretty decent and rather close. A couple of the games I had some bad players but they were partnered with really good players. None of my games have been a stomp for either side yet.

We could just be outliers but I think after a week or two with it being active, people should get settled into a proper rating and have better matches or at least I hope as much.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

maybe it only console having bad MM.

• Larz02Barz
    Larz02Barz Member Posts: 95

I play console amd games so far id say are gonna be bad for awhile bc well rn im getting potato survivors and gpod killers

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

I've had an incredibly easy experience as killer since the majority of the survivors I was matched with were awful.

As a survivor it has been terrible, so I'm mostly playing as a killer right now.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I wish I was having the same experience. I feel like I've been playing French Fry Simulator all day because everyone I'm with/against is a potato. It hasn't been fun carrying every single game today, & I'm not even trying to make myself sound like a god tier survivor. The teams I'm being paired with have just been that bad. Like the solo queue experience is generally rough with weak teams, today feels like that but on steroids.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited August 2020

Two games so far:

game 1: rank 1 solo queue squad vs. “rank 1” killer = he got one hook all game. My Result: de-pipped

game 2: solo queue again - rank 1 (me), rank 5, rank 18 with one perk, rank 20 with 4 bad perks vs. Rank 20 Oni with one perk (Zanshin Tactics), one hook all game. I do 2.5 gens, safe hook save, escape 2 chases, escape through hatch. My Result: de-pip 😂

Makes me a little scared for what the heck the MMR is measuring

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

So it seems experience has been mixed so far with the new MMR. I played two matches, the second one I pipped up to rank 16. Now I dont have to play the rest of the season if I choose not to, as my rest will be rank 17. Skill based MMR no longer considering play time reached: explain how a rank 17 guy with 2 hours play time past 2 weeks is skilled enough to face a rank 10 killer? Thats one more than the max of 6 I am supposed to face.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

I like new mmr. Usually playing killer in red ranks, but I weak nurse. Now I can play nurse against green ranks and learn her.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

It still takes me 10 minutes at least to find a survivor lobby (ps4).

• Desh

I can KINDA understand the low ranks coming in. Like having a player who just naturally picks up, winning all 10 games with ease and getting good points in their initial games. MMR analyzes it and sees them at a high skill level, and throws them at people who are on the "same" skill level.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Other than this game... (2nd Killer game of the day):

I've been having decent results so far! My Survivor games were fairly matched against red rank Killers, and my Killer games were mostly against purple/red with one or two greens.

I'm especially looking forward to playing Trapper and Pyramid Head, since I'm not that good with them and will (hopefully) not get stomped by pesky red rank Survivors.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Glad it's working for somebody. It's been a ######### show for me.

• DeVTO
    DeVTO Member Posts: 12

My survivor wait times have increased, not to insane levels but it's definitely notable, but overall it's been fine for me. I do sometimes get killers that seem a bit too easy to go against though

• Chett
    Chett Member Posts: 23

Not working for me.

• Desh

Still working pretty great with me, Survivor side is a little iffy. Idk if it's because I play Survivor so little or other Survivors are still getting their MMR configured. Who knows.

I'm also theorizing that maybe for some people on why the MMR sucks is because there's not that many players of their skillrating online or playing.

• Desh

Def working as intended. These were 3 games back-to-back out of the 10 I played this morning.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944
    edited August 2020

strange, for me when i play a killer i have over 100s of hours in i get rank 20s who can't even complete a single gen before i 12 hook the entire team but the moment i play a killer i have played less than 10 matches with the survivors are all rank 1 how the hell am i supposed to learn nurse in these conditions

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited August 2020

Yeah, the MMR is working wonderful. After match upon match of getting grey ranks, yellow ranks, and literal new players after 10 minute queues, suddenly the system decided "ok so you must literally be a god" and now I only get matched against SEAL Team 6 Twitch.tv SWF groups with more coordination than actual SEAL Team 6 that I literally have no chance of ever beating.

It's great, really. But at least the queue times dropped to 5 minutes.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Thats fairly impossible as far as I remember. Doing that many gens, doing some altruistic actions, escaping chases and suviving the trial. Thats basically impossible to de-pip. No clue how you managed that.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

The main issue with this MMR "PEPEGA" patch is SWF and how they affect with matchmaking. If you see four man SWF they sure all red rank, and no matter if you yellow green or purple, you will have "good game". BHVR is pathetic as always. 

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

MMR has nothing to do with Ranks or pipping. You depip bc of the emblem system, but that shouldn't have a direct impact on your MM rating.

• To3stbr0t
    To3stbr0t Member Posts: 2

MMR system working great ! :)

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Roughly how many games have you played since the new MMR system went live?

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

How many matches have you played. I want to know why’s it working for some while others it’s clearly not working?? It’s still not working for me properly.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266
    edited August 2020

it doesnt work for everyone and you it works = bait

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    edited August 2020

I can post here 20 or more screenshots with broken matchmaking but you know, no reason to. BHVR no want to feedback. Going to play Civilization 6. Actually good game.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 918

I was watching Tofu play last night. He got baby survivors for most of his games and they were like ~5 minute matches.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

It's either 2-3 rank 20 on my team vs a red rank killer or full red squad against a baby killer

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I've been getting some better matches, after playing quite a few.

But the wait is still stupid.

• Desh

Roughly 30. And 6 of those had at least 1 Rank 20 in it. Some had not as experienced players for my Killers I'm not as good at but it quickly adjusted when I played again.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

This is literally my experience, over the past 3 days I've got nothing but 15-20 rank survs (I am rank 1). Now in the last day or so I get all rank 1 survivors with 4 BT, UB, AD, DS, etc etc. Master loopers all on comms. Had probably 4-5 games in a row like this.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Its very inconsistent. I get a rank 20 who is playing their first game or a toxic rank 1 killer. I am a rank 1 survivor and I’m not enjoying lol

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Not played for a while, this doesnt seem normal

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i still get low rank in my matches other game mix ranks..

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i play mostly survivor nowadays and it still is doing it lmfao

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

I have felt my killer times actually increase. On killers I main I'd say mmr is working pretty swell but otherwise not so much. 😅

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited August 2020

It appears to be working well for them, cause ranks mean something in their mind. Yet, the other 99% of the community, including BHVR's own fog whisperers saying it's broken must all be wrong. Cause it's "confirmed working" for this one person. "confirmed"

CoNfIrMeD

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited August 2020
  • xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

This has been my experience as well. I win against a group of baby survivors where they can't get a gen done and then I'm immediately placed against the sweatiest 4-man SWF all running DS/Unbreakable/BT/Adrenaline

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Well...you're just lucky I suppose.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

My matches are still all trash. I’m beyond tired of playing against rank 20 facecamping bubba’s.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

So I play on Xbox when it first came out I was having a terrible experience at thought that my bottom killers were my Mains and giving me the sweatiest games ever with killers that I wasn't very good with or haven't used in a very long time now all of a sudden it seems to be working very well I made it to my plague and works great with her then made it to my demogorgon another one that I am not very good with and haven't used in a very long time and it is slowly building up my level of competition trying to figure out where I'm at my first opponents were potatoes now I see some greens and now some purple. I'm curious to see what it does with my Mains though cuz I have recently Prestige them and they're all back to square one no powerful perks or anything.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Finding lobbies faster is true, both I have been getting rank 20 killers and I'm rank 3. I know that now ranks are not used to match people, but really, is the new system saying that I'm on the same level as someone that is at the lowest rank as a killer? Or maybe the killer is rank 20, but as good as killers in the red ranks? Come on. It feels bad go against people that are still learning the early stages of the game and most matches end with everyone surviving and the killer having a miserable time.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

My games as wraith, doc, demo are roughly in my green zone of 12. I do get the odd 16 to fresh install though. Sometimes red ranks.

Survivor though swings wildly out of control from my rank 16 being thrown into rank 7s to being thrown in with fresh installers.