Deleted DLC/Missing Game

Comments

• Massy
    Massy Member Posts: 3

Hoy estaba jugando normalmente cuando me aparece el cartel de se perdio la conexion y steam no conectaba, lo reinicio no me conectaba hasta que aparecio que se me estaba actualizando steam se quedo asi que lo reinicie de nuevo y despues pude entrar a steam, me aparece el juego pero para comprar cuando ya lo habia comprado hace tiempo, alguna solucion quiero mi juego de nuevo

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited August 2020

Same problem here.

Not only DLCs but the whole game :o

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80

I click the Play Now button. A Steam pop-up appears very quickly saying "Updating ticket." That goes away and nothing happens. Play Now is still lit up.

Just tossing mine on the pile.

• jcl_z
    jcl_z Member Posts: 35

Same issue here, switched to killer from survivor and all DLC characters were locked, logged out and tried to log back in and now I dont own the base game?!?!?

Why can't things ever work, like this is basic stuff guys.

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80

As far as the DLC, on the main DBD page in Steam it does not have the "in library" icon next to any of them. HOWEVER, when I click on "Browse All" every DLC shows as in my library (as it is supposed to).

I imagine this issue will be resolved ASAP and we will still have our DLC.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2020

I restated the Steam and Lost the game (actually the Steam library says that I have it but when I press "play" the Steam links to the Store page of DBD baase game)

Idk what the games have same problems now like DBD but for me, I lost only DBD

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Well then... isn't this a disaster? At least I can take solace in knowing I'm not the only one. I have all but 5 killers p3'd with all the perks if I end up losing my progress I guess I'm done. I uninstalled hoping that maybe I could reinstall and that solve the issue. This is very unfortunate.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

i hope we dont lose any of our stuff, and if we do we get compensated greatly, i have 2300 hs here. p3 almost all killers and a buch of survivors... also bought most DLCS...and lots of skins aswell.

• Woodywool

A lot of ppl quite if they're really lost it. Including me

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

Both me and my gf are having the same problem. At first I could open the game but a bunch of DLCs were missing despite me owning all of them. Now when I try to open the game it leads me to the Steam shop page as if I didn't own the gamd already. My gf has the same exact problem. I have over 600 hours in the game so... I hope this gets fixed soon.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
    edited August 2020

Such a horrible feeling seeing that error message. I happened to lose internet at same time due to quick storm that came through, waiting the 5 minutes for my internet to kick back on and load back in to the game was such a terrible wait. If I had lost my years of progress I would've deleted the game and been done.

I'm hoping my error message was just a one off but with Steam users having issues at same time makes me worried PS4 may have issues too that aren't being looked at. 😬

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

A lot of the forum icons are defaulting to the Dead by Daylight sacrificed logo too. Now this is a horror game.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

I can now confirm that I have multiple games in my library that are having the same issues. The games I see with this problem are the following:

Dead By Daylight

DOOM VFR

Karnage Chronicles

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I have 100's of games so there must be some sort of connection between these titles.

EDIT : I've tried logging out and back into steam. No dice. Not a working resolution (for me, at least)

• DeadFreakWalkn
    DeadFreakWalkn Member Posts: 20

Sounds like we are all having the same issue. My Steam also tells me to "PURCHASE" instead of "PLAY". When this gets resolved, I hope Mod/Developer puts out an easy-to-find post on how to correct the issue, if not self corrected.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

😥

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

So for some reason i can't play the game. In fact i says i don't even own it even though i have over 2700 hours and played it yesterday. Anyone knows whats up? Have i been targeted by hackers or is it the devs that have screwed up again?

• vycka23
    vycka23 Member Posts: 1

TITLE

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

I just logged in and noticed I was missing Freddy dlc and ash dlc. Seems like each passing day this game gets more and more messed up.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2020

Steam ######### up, not BHVR. Other games are having this issue, too. i.e. Red Dead Redemption 2 is currently unplayable for many people. Someone at Valve did an oopsie during maintenance.

• forst
    forst Member Posts: 40

i dont have dbd on my library again i need help

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i guess they want us to buy the game again.....

• Tigzy
    Tigzy Member Posts: 4

Um yeah. Created an account just to say that all my DLC is gone. Glad to see im not alone. Devs please do help.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

It's not in the devs control, it's steam's responsibility to fix it

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

Yeah I thought I was tripping when Ghost Face was locked for me (though I bought him on release). They said it's an issue that is happening due to the Steam maintenance though. So it should be resolved easily & shouldn't remove player progress on said characters since it has to do with something outside of the game.

• Tigzy
    Tigzy Member Posts: 4

Oh because of steam maintenance, correct? Then ig all we can do is wait?

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Yeah this all seemed to happen after steam maintenance happened.

• Heartbound
    edited August 2020

They should probably sticky this thread. I've got a feeling it's gonna see a lot of mileage.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020

nice, a fellow vr player (I have karnage) you just made me check mine in panic even though I'm on dbd in between matches currently and it seems fine for the moment lol. hopefully this isn't due to either a hack of some sort or negligence on their part letting old server hardware hang around and decay and possibly lose our purchase history sooner or later like what happened to some folks on playstation from what I heard.

• Damn
    Damn Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020

The game just disappeared from my steam library when i tried to uninstall and install again. As you can see I bought it and was enjoying it, even with the bugs and constant errors.

• PaintedCz
    PaintedCz Member Posts: 3

Has this happened before with steam? What kind of down time are we looking at here?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

This is entirely the fault of Valve and Steme. It has nothing to do with BHVR.

• BlackCipher
    BlackCipher Member Posts: 5
    I have a problem I have the game bought since 2018 on steam, but it is the first time that this happens to me and that to enter the game it asks me to buy it when I already have it purchased, I get that I have it installed but not purchased and no returns. or anything I already check I have several dlcs purchased too, I hope you can help me, my steam profile is as follows (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088965179/)

• Woodywool

It is the first time when something like this happened including the fact that DBD & DLC were disappearing from Steam library

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

I logged on 20 minutes ago and my DBD wasn't launching. After a while, after trying everything, I uninstalled the game to try and reinstall it since that usually fixes launch problems and now I can't even reinstall it! I have so much time and progress on DBD and own all the DLC's with countless cosmetics. Am I screwed?

• Heartbound
  • BlackCipher
    BlackCipher Member Posts: 5

please helpme My steam account its next https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088965179/ It asks me to buy the game after the update, but I already had it, so I thought that by reinstalling it, but when I uninstalled it, it was deleted from my steam library.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Same, I can't play right now.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Me too. Was in game. Suddenly several DLCs were not showing in game (Oni, Demogorgon, etc.). Closed the game. Reviewed steam. Said I had all the DLCs but were 'installing.'

Restarted computer. Reopen Steam and it wants me to repurchase the game. Only shows one DLC (for Executioner/Cheryl).

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

I hope they fix this soon. I've been waiting half an hour.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Anyone having issues getting to the game? If I try to open the game via the desktop icon or through the steam dashboard it redirects me to the DbD steam page, where my stats are located but will not open the game. I also had some pretty serious lag issues last night playing.

• writer4life724
    writer4life724 Member Posts: 3

Hey all! Those just popping into the thread, the issues have been confirmed as an issue with Steam. This is due to issues with maintenance and has been reported for multiple games, including DBD. Hopefully we can get into the fog soon, but for now we will have to wait for Steam to fix itself.

• ttay24
    ttay24 Member Posts: 1

You are amazing! I was having this issue (library said purchase, store said "in library" and wouldn't launch.

• writer4life724

I tried 3 times earlier and it didn't work, and now it does. Whatever the issue was, it seems Steam is figuring it out now. :)

• RenePlaysGames
    RenePlaysGames Member Posts: 0

What's happening :(

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Hello, some users have found that this helps them: Steam > Settings > Download tab and click Clear download cache

Please try this out. If this doesn't work, I'm deeply sorry. There isn't much I can't do sadly. I ask you to be patient and wait.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

what? i did this and pretty much lsot everything on the account. what is this? in fact i tried to log again and of games it said to ahre games with the main account? what happeend can you help me to fix this problem?

edit: nevermind i fixed it. thanks it worked.

• writer4life724

Steam maintenance messed with access to a lot of games. If you're having issues still, you may need to wait until later. Based on what I can tell, Steam is rolling back some of their maintenance, so it might take some time for it to roll over everyone. I'm sorry you're dealing with this too.