The bias is showing

Artick
Artick Member Posts: 623

Devs, what's up? You basically did 3 changes to Hillbilly in the span of a few weeks(+Leatherface addons changes and only killer perk changes in the PTB) but you can't seem to be able to find time to fix some of the garbage survivor perks after they've been bad for years, not even the changes you announced like 6 months ago for perks like Any Means Necessarily, Vigil, etc.

It's very refreshing to see you care about both sides and prioritize them equally.

Comments

• Calisto_667
    Calisto_667 Member Posts: 137

I agree. The devs are completely lost. Also this new matchmaking system that "ranks don't matter" is clearly not working so far. So far its clear that ranks do matter even if it is just a bit. Matches are getting ridiculous

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited August 2020

They changed 2 killers multiple times in a short amount of time AND KILLER PERKS in this patch. They didn't touch survivor perks. How's my bias showing? They literally changed killer perks(4 of them), I can't complain about something they did.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

It's true, both sides cry a lot and people seem to forget about the issues the other side has to deal with.

I think one of the main issues is that when they nerf a specific Killer, the players that mained this Killer often lose a lot of knowledge and skill due to the nerf and therefore "wasted" a lot of time actually mastering that Killer, which of course can be quite frustrating. Billy flick is a good example for this and also one that affects me so I am not sure what to think about it. I never felt like Billy was too strong or uncounterable so I didn't expect the devs to give him that much attention. It feels a bit unjustified.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You mean the killer perks that are directly tied to the killers that they reworked? The perk changes that provided as many nerfs as buffs? The perks that didn't even fall into the garbage category you seemed to be concerned with in the first place?

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

all this means is that they can't massively overhaul the whole game in one fell swoop. They are trying to make changes here and there that address balance while also addressing major complaints. most people feel like billy was already in a good place, but bubba was garbage and toxic with his basement camp ability. Since bubba didn't have a survivor they decided to bring billy into the rework and make the chainsaw bros distinct from each other. before that we had the map rework which, granted, was more beneficial to killer than survivor. and what came before that? Ruin nerf, which was decidedly and massively survivor sided.

We all knew that once Ruin was nerfed there would be at least a few mid chapters that favored killer to compensate. likely within another couple of mid chapter updates we will see more survivor sided changes again, and killers will get to shake their fists in rage once again.

And besides that, survivor side got a brand new meta perk (soul guard) in the last chapter.

Lets not let our personal bias rule our behavior

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,007

Giving one side attention at one given time is not bias, but whatever.

Yeah, the fact that countless Survivor perks are useless garbage that could easily be adjusted and haven't been sucks, but there's killer perks that fit that description too.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

But... Weren't those changes made to Billy survivor favored changes? Besides it was a patch for the chainsaw brothers. They said on multiple occasions they would be looked at in the near future so wouldn't it make sense that... You know... They reworked their perks as well?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
  • Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

Until they bring solo survivors up closer to SWF and buff killers against that level, the game will still be survivor sided.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Lmfao the devs will literally never be able to please ALL of us entitled snots. Just be happy they are devs who actually listen to the community and try to make any requested changes at all.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

What's the last good perk/buff survs obtain from BHVR? Last year?

• Waffleyumboy

Ruin "nerf" just made the perk more effective in the highest echelons of competitive dbd. And then they even compensated for all the complaints about the change by nerfing great skill check boosts, which was called a minor change by killers when in fact it was exactly all Ruin did against top tier survivors. Killers may claim to want balance but, just like survivors, they often just want to make their individual experience more enjoyable. This motive isn't inherently harmful, but lying about it is.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

It's only natural Billy and Bubba are the main attention point atm, they both got a big rework to their whole basekit and addons, we can only hope to see the perk changes sometime soon.

But it's not a good moment to just throw shade to the devs because we don't feel it's right

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

The problem is that this community is at least 90% killer sided, so buff after buff for killers, and nerf after nerf for survs.

• Waffleyumboy

Perhaps the problem is that most of the community doesn't recognize that both sides need change or that the devs will not be able to always please everyone with every change.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2020

"The game is killer sided. The game is survivor sided." It's doublethink and shows an illogical mind. The game is one, there are no sides, the division is in your mind.

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

Last time I checked Killer changes also influence Survivors and vice versa.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

Or, you know, BHVR doesn't care about either one. I mean the game is blatantly survivor sided in reality, as are all of the discussion forums. Considering they make up 80% of every match, that's not really surprising. It's funny to me that people call themselves "mains" and don't play half the game. I play both sides (mostly based on queue times), I think most people do.

• Iceyrawr
    Iceyrawr Member Posts: 122

don't know what youre saying,

but they nerfed billy? hows that bias

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

When Goose, who's a killer main but plays mostly survivor as his viewers are heavily survivor mains, says that the game IS survivor sided but there's somethings that killers can do, I take in consideration. Most of the time "survivors streamers" are biased as a f. So you have to take that with a grain of salt. Most of killer streamers play both sides, with some exceptions.

• Waffleyumboy

What if you're wrong and neither killer streamers nor survivor streamers are inherently biased, and that each individual has a unique opinion?

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162

What the hell will they do to huntress force us to manually reload from our belts or lockers after every throw.

• dominator3396
    dominator3396 Member Posts: 12

Its not the bias showing, but the communities immaturity.

The community is acting like the devs just woke up one morning for this latest update, spent 10 minutes in a conference room talking about changes to be made for killers like Billy and Leatherface, then took another 10 minutes to get in the game and then announced it too the community, when it probably was in the works months ago, and it just wasnt finished or time to announce it.

If you're thinking the devs aren't listening, then just look at the new mmr system. For a year or so, everyone has been crying that ranks don't matter. Now they actually don't.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

Monstrous Shrine is the third strongest killer perk in the game- next to Fire Up and Mindbreaker!! Who needs a buff to it!

• cranzer
    cranzer Member Posts: 26

Depends on your perspective. Since I play at 4 am est after work, every game is a ######### show when it comes to matching with similarly skilled people, it's always been that way. Last night after work, I got home and tried to do a daily for clown. Kill a survivor by your hand. My clown is level 1,so I put 400kbp into him to get a mori. I ended up getting 2 of the kill last survivor one. In the 2 games I played, I got zero kills and like 5 hooks total.

I'm a r10 killer atm and all the survivors were 5 or better. This is completely normal almost every match I play for as long as I can remember.

I guess this long winded response was simply my way of saying, it's never mattered in my experience, now it just seems like more people are being impacted.