NOED is frowned upon but the DS and unbreakable combo is okay

2»

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Because this game is ruled by survivors. The sooner you accept it, the better, that is if you want to keep playing.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

Oh another one of these posts

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

In my opinion you should just be able to use any perk you want without being "shamed". Yes so may be annoying to go against but it's just a game and the perks are the for you to use, so use them to your hearts content. I was honestly extremely disappointed in one of my favourite Youtubers using the phrase 'small pp' build for unbreakable, ds. It's childish and pathetic. We have enough toxicity in this community already we don't have to add shaming to that. I think if you feel it ok to tell someone they can't or can use such a perk your just an ass. Personally I don't use unbreakable cuz it's unreliable but if someone else does I'm not gonna message them and have a pop at them for using those perks no matter how annoying it is. Every match won't go your way. Just accept that. I do however think there is some changes to be made with ds, if they made it a little more of an anti tunneling perk then just a free min then it would be more balanced but again this isn't the player's fault it's the devs, you want someone to blame look to them.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

I hate unbreakable simply because the only time I could get to use it is the match I finally replace it with something else because of never getting to make use of it.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

I know this is an extreme, but hear me out:

If there was a perk combo that let you shoot the killer dead, would people be crybabies if they complained?

It's not crybaby to not like meta.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Ds and unbreakable are frowned upon too. You're just trying to start unnecessary arguments.

• tempcoma
    tempcoma Member Posts: 28

I am now rank 8 but when I was 19 I was going against purple and red swf I'd kill one by the time they got all the gems done noed would pop is leave with a 4k I personally think all three perks are fine only because like I said I was white rank going against purple and red plus how fast gens pop it would be silly not to have an insta down

• PopObjected
    PopObjected Member Posts: 3

Breaking a totem takes 14 seconds and Ds take 1 minute and if you slug they can pick themselves up. In 1 minute, 2 people can be on a gen and 1 person can be on a gen, and the two can finish a gen and the one can be halfway done, and by the time you pick up that one player one gen can be done and and another person can be running to the other gen to finish it and the other player can do a trade off just for that player to eventually get off the hook, and for that player to do a gen in front of you or hide in a locker and you just have to wait or leave for that player to go to another gen or get up off the floor.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

NOED is a normal perk, it has downsides:

• playing with 3 perks for nearly the entire game
    • can be denied by doing totems
    • can be cleansed

and it has advantages:

• insta down + faster
    • can turn the game completely in rare cases.

Survivors need to get used to it and play around it as Killers do with DS, Unbreakable, DH, Adrenaline...

and IMO this happens already, most survivors learned from their past mistakes and just leave the trial if someone got downed with noed to not feed sacrifices to the killer.

I don't use it, it just feels cheap, but i also don't use second chance perks as survivor most of the time.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

All perks are okay to use. Don't let anyone tell you how you can or can not play the game.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

You dont see the flaws in your own post, right? Biased to the bone.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

You can literally counter DS/UB by proxy camping the area with the downed survivor

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

for SFW members i would accept it but for solo it's sometimes your best move ^^ (doesn't mean i run it, i rather run Windows of Opportunity and Spinechill)

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16

Just because a killer "might" be around to down you again after using unbreakble after being slugged from fear of DS doesn't mean it's not rediculously strong. Coordinated teams don't even need to use their unbreakable since you can 99% and get tapped by a teammate. having to proxy camp a slug since they have ds/unbreakble isn't a proper solution, as that is already making it to where they can't force at least 1 person off a gen to save you and chase a 3rd survivor. If you wait out the whole minute by the slug gens will just get pounded away since the other 3 survivors don't have anything to fear, but leave to pressure them off gens and unbreakable kicks in. You can't look at the combo ojbectively and say it's not crazy strong. The easy and simple solution is to nerf DS so that it is purely an "anti-tunnel" perk. If the survivor with ds starts progressing the game by working on a gen, or if the killer downs a different survivor, ds should immediately deactivate. And on the other hand, in a chase DS should never run out. ds/unbreakble is pure annoyance because it has no counterplay, much how survivors hate spirit and deathslinger since there is also no counterplay. if there changing ds to have counterplay they also gotta do something abt those killers too, at least give survivors a tell that spirit is actually using their power and maybe have her husk look at her like activated hag traps look at survivors.

TL;DR smoll pp combo is insanely annoying due to having no counterplay but killers like spirit also have no counterplay, changes should be made to both to make skill a more contributing factor.

• Valiant_Majesty
    Valiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39

I don't like to use NOED. If I can prevent the gens from getting completed with the perks I have, then I just go with the flow and play my best. If the Survivors get all the gens done, then good on them for working together. I still have a chance to make a comeback, but I'm not relying on a perk like NOED to carry me.