Game’s in a terrible state for both sides

The last month or two for this game has just been horrible. I rarely get on at this point and when I do it’s just rank 1 Freddy with an ebony or a rank 20 that has no clue what they’re doing and either way it’s boring ash. As killer every game feels easy. Ranks just don’t mean anything at this point and it needs to be fixed if this game wants a chance at staying popular. There’s just no motivation to play when every game is going to be a garbage repeat of the last.

Comments

• SilentWraith
    SilentWraith Member Posts: 12

Just an update I played one more match and got another Freddy with a Mori. Am now getting off

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

I feel your pain I kinda stopped playing too because lately it is either rank 20s with 10min played

Or camping rank 1 killers with Noed and mori

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited August 2020

Honestly, I kind of agree, but for different reasons. More and more killers are being given way too high a chase potential, in order to counteract the gen speeds. But all this is doing is forcing survivors to play even harder into the m1 simulator aspect of DBD.

I do not feel like every game is easy, however, unless I deliberately play during off-peak times against chill random solo's. On the other hand, survivor is getting easier by the day because my teammates are figuring out that generators are supposed to be repaired. The chases are more frustrating than ever, but at least I get a 6-minute match after a 10-minute wait.

• Simonete
    Simonete Member Posts: 12

I think in general the killers need to be more powerful, so I can understand the increase in chase potential, but I continue on insisting that the Endgame collapse for the beginning of the game they will eventually implement will solve this. M1 holders will always exist :/ but what are you gonna do? It's their objective, not much else they can do.

As far as state of the game, MMR has been the tipping point. Covid definitely affected the game since most of the decisions made in the past months have been meh, and the dev team can't get together and discuss it properly. MMR has just come and shook everything up in the worst way possible. I would prefer the old matchmaking to be back, at least it was a bit more reliable.

But yeah, the game is in a dangerously bad state right now, and the dev team has to work a tad harder to improve it to avoid it dying.