Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Scott brings up a fair point.

2»

Comments

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

It is an ez way to triage experience levels. I think it’s a darn good suggestion on your part.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Pretty much. Outside of the forums and a few streamers that seem to affect the forums more than others, the general attitude towards the game is super positive.

• kingoftheirish1992
    kingoftheirish1992 Member Posts: 159

Really couldn't care less about Scott pushing his opinion as fact. Most of his videos start with " this is how I feel " for most of it to be why he thinks he is right about it. Dedicated servers is way better then person to person even if grabs don't ever work. Just because you say something doesn't mean your wrong or right. Most don't mind something unless it happens to them.

• LetsBeFriendly
    LetsBeFriendly Member Posts: 18

Let's put this in perspective. A killer main players a killer they use very little compared to others but still know get paired with survivors who have just started, barely started or first game ever. I will not acknowledge ranking anymore because everyone, including devs, have admitted that ranking doesn't mean anything anymore. I as a rank 1 survivor, was paired with rank 12 to 15 for most of my matches getting an occasional rank 5 to 8. MMR has done nothing but cause problems and half the time it doesn't even work. I have to willingly sacrifice myself so a killer can get a kill or be the only one who lives because my teams ranks are just like the killer's. Its unfortunate but until the devs listen to their community, nothing will change.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

I agree that there is a problem with the MMR. For both killers and survivors we don't always find games with people of the same skill level. The first days were worse, but still the new system is more imprecise than the old.

As Scott says, that you do not play with that killer but have experience with others, you cannot be treated as if you were a total inexperienced. I think the system failed and the DEv did not come out to recognize it, generating all this climate of mistrust and anger. Clearly something wrong. An example was today, 4 games with the same players 4 red ranks. the first 3 killers were good, 2 or 3 hooks 3/4 escapes per game. The fourth game played with a rank 12 trapper, which didn't have much exp or skill. He disconnected by completing 4th gen without hooking. It is not understood why the mmr after clearly winning 3 games easily gave us a killer of worse skill. Being the same players.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Scott is right in the video that the matchmaking incorrectly pairing up top tier players against groups of brand new survivors is pretty bad. He's also probably right that the reason it's happening is that the initial seeds for some top tier players are, for some reason, not correctly incorporating their prior game history and are instead being set to whatever rating brand new players get.

Scott is wrong though when he implies in the video that this is a problem with MMR in general. It's not, it's clearly a glitch in how this system was supposed to work. The MMR dev posts and follow-up Q&A all mention how your initial rating for a given killer is supposed to have a baseline that is on par with whatever your ratings are for other killers that you've recently played. That this isn't the case doesn't mean "MMR is bad for the game", it means the devs accidentally have a bug somewhere that isn't seeding people properly initially. Or possibly that the ratings are correct but there's a glitch in the matchmaking routine that is supposed to pair people up by their ratings. It's not a fundamental problem with MMR in general, though, if the system were working as the devs described this issue of top tier players versus rank 20s wouldn't exist.

MMR itself is -not- bad for the game. What's bad for the game is this -specific implementation- they pushed to the live servers that's not working as they described for some people.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Hasn't even been a full week yet. Sheesh.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

This is not the final iteration of the MMR system, so why are we so quick to judge as if it couldn't be changed?

My only guess is that you guys must have not ever had to use the trial and error method where you try something and then have to make adjustments when it isn't working as intented.

@Veen hit the nail on the head, those two pictures represent this community in a nutshell.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

They took a problem (poor matchmaking) and made it worse... why shouldn't players voice their frustration?

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

What's with all this "not working as intended" talk? As far as I can tell, the system is working exactly as intended and that's what the problem is. Having all killer mmr be completely separate was a bad idea that a lot of people pointed out and still happened. Separate to a degree makes sense, but all killers starting out at baseline instead of the average killer mmr for the player was an idea that implemented no foresight.

Also, am I the only one that get slightly bugged when Scott keeps saying mmr is starting at 0? I know what he means, but it kind of distracts from his point.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

There's a lot os asymmetric games on the horizon. They really need to step up their game if they wanna stay top runners of the genre or this game will end up like Deathgarden- buried.

Pun intended

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

MMR has been terrible and its making me wanna stop playing until it's fixed

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

This is shocking to see. I wonder how this will be adressed. We obviously got a problem when a streamer with thousands of hours gets paired with people playing their VERY FIRST match ever. This can´t be what the Devs intended, can it?