Racial Slurs know no limit

I do get it, games can get heated and so do players, but how come each time I play this game in my normal way(by normal I mean no camping, no noed, no slugging, just for fun) some random clowns show up in the post-game chat and turn this whole: "I'm mad, I wish you die" to racial slurs and fascism which sometimes make me think what kind of ignorant parents must those kids have.

At least give such players harsher punishments, no one enjoys being discriminated over a video game, such as soft bans and even longer cooldowns before searching for a match.

Before you call me a "softie" or a weakling, keep in mind I've seen a lot of crap in a lot of video games, yet DBD is the only one that has a tremendously racist counterside to its community.

Comments

• DrunkenWrench
    DrunkenWrench Member Posts: 26

Which brings me to a different point: Instant Feedback Reports. That is a system which will basically go through the whole chat and will detect the reported offending player(s). Within a short period of time, if anything from that player had been found, the reporter will get a pop up notification (this notification will only show up once per punished player). If a player however abuses the report system or is dishonest, the efficiency of the IFR will be considerably reduced (to a point where a player's reports will no longer have an effect). It would make it much easier for the developers (or other report contributors) instead of continuously examining thousands and thousands of reports and it would make it much better for those who want to enjoy a game knowing that verbal abuse will instantly backfire.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

Well do you report those people with the reporting system? I think it's fair that unneeded toxicity leads to bans for a while.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I find this weird as I see comments like that once every maybe 100 games, if that, extremely rare. Regardless, just report it and move on, it’s just words after all. I personally don’t even report it myself as it just doesn’t bother me and I just think it makes them look childish. I could care less what people type to me on a video game I mean really.

• mostlyghostly
    mostlyghostly Member Posts: 135

Jesus it's just a comment. Why should racist comments be treated differently to any other hatred? If you don't have thick skin, don't play this game. Or, don't use the internet because you're bound to come into plenty of hateful people

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

I don't understand how a game like this with a chat function hasn't implemented a chat filter of some kind. It would make their job so much easier if a lot of basic insults and phrases were simply censored. I would definitely miss using some my favorite curse words, but it's worth it if it shuts up racists and fascists.

In all honesty though, this game doesn't really need an end-game chat. It does nothing but breed toxicity. Consoles seem to be getting along fine without it.

• DrunkenWrench

moving on is not a permanent thing friend. Once, twice 50 times, but after a moment you'll have enough, and that's that one time where you have to actually act. Yet the thing is: how long can one move on before they'll eventually end up uninstalling the game or become toxic themselves?

• DrunkenWrench
    edited August 2020

So you're telling me that I cannot tolerate insults and yet still support the "darkened side" of the cursing apes? Pal, as I've said, I've seen #########, more sickening than your cerebrum could ever perceive, and when I play a game, I play it because I want to have fun not partake in a ######### vulgar debate after each damn game, every damn day. Also "Or, don't use the internet because you're bound to come into plenty of hateful people" - what the hell is this supposed to mean? What the actual ######### has the whole internet in general have to do with a game which's reputation is hanging on a 1 nm thin spiderweb? I get it, toxicity is a thing, and sadly will always be, but if there are genuine ######### ways of diminishing verbal abuse in this god-forsaken game then why not make use of it and start actually changing the things?

• DrunkenWrench

yes, you'll need to report someone if you want the IRF to take action

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
  • Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

It's nothing new, End game chat has always been incredibly toxic. I wish they'd crack down more on these kinds of people. The very least they could do is implement a filter for Racist, homophobic or any other derogatory words. The DBD Community can be incredibly toxic, I wish it wasn't and wouldnt need this feature but it is and it does.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Turn off post game chat

• DrunkenWrench

10/10 answer. If I'll ever need a copious amount of #########, I'll make sure to ask you first

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Did you reply to the right comment lol? I thought I made it clear that I agree, and that people can be scumbags. If they just deleted chat, it would solve the problem. I never like talking to people post-game anyways.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Racism is just outdated, vile and only used by the lowest of the low. I'd be fine if they got a permanent ban.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I think it's pretty clear you're writing this with a bias against DbD. That whole "I've seen [BAD WORD], more sickening than your cerebrum could ever perceive" crap sounds goofy to me, because otherwise you wouldn't be making such a big deal about people being mean to you in a video game.

I'm not condoning racism in any way, and in fact I wouldn't mind if a basic filter were added in or whatever but... I just can't take you seriously when you try to act like DbD is this outlier when it comes to this stuff. Toooons of games are like that. Even off of video games, people are like that.

I would probably take you more seriously if you didn't say DbD is the ONLY game where there's a tremendously racist counterside or whatever, if you didn't say "I've seen [BAD WORD], more sickening than your cerebrum could ever perceive," and if you didn't act like literally every single game you play has people just blowing you up with racism afterwards. I'll, every once in a while have somebody say "the N word" or tell me to kill myself or something, but even if that was a thing that happened literally every single game, you know what I would do? Stop reading the chat, and just play the game.

Once again, I don't condone that stuff whatsoever so don't try to twist it around into that. Just seriously, look at the things you say and ask yourself if people saying mean things on the internet warrants this amount of dramatics.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

If someone uses a slur, you can report them in the endgame (a in-game report is mandatory) and send additional evidence to support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com You can read here more: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

Please be assured that the team takes such offenses very serious and they're handled with professionalism. Read through the rules, there's more explained to it, but please know that slurs are something we definitely don't tolerate in the game.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162

On console i had to block party invites, friend requests, and messages soley because of this game lol

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

You should have played CoD growing up. Pretty sure I’ve been called the N word more then any of my black friends lol.

Words have as much power as you give them. I’m more offended by a t-bag then a slur, but that’s the Halo 2 side of me.

• DrunkenWrench

Sadly, I did state that DBD is not the only source of genuine high amounts of racism, and no, I do not hold any bias against DbD

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

"DBD is the only one that has a tremendously racist counterside to its community."

This is a direct quote from you. "Only one," you said.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I'd wish there was an automated system to detect that kind of things and reports were only additions to it.

• DrunkenWrench

The fact that this whole ######### "you have the right for free speech based on your opinion" is being used RARELY as a good thing for the news, yet ridiculously often used as a way to genuinely ruin someone's experience in a video game. As I stated and WILL KEEP STATING because I feel like not all of you even bother reading what I've said but rather like to shorten every single comment I make and perceive it as something negative. Hate in video games has always been a thing not a single soul on earth can change, but this hate has it's own ######### limits as far as one's sanity and fun can tolerate. Stopping to read a thing will NOT stop players from still being racists or other types of insolent pricks, which is why I said: Add a damn Instant Report Feedback system. I do not have a problem with people dropping the F-bomb every now and then, it's normal. But when playing a lot of competitive games and each one of them having a huge downside soley based on their community's way to react to a defeat -thus being none of other than being a prick towards each other- I do not think that you'd be keen on seeing more ######### and salt getting sprinkled in any game after having enough from 1 specific toxic community. Which brings me back to my own saying - ignoring ######### will not solve a thing, not in the long run- and if you think that I'm being dramatic just by pointing out a real fact that DBD has the 3rd largest toxic community (topped by CSGO and then followed up by League of Legends) and that this whole racial pointing fingers and calling names should end just because my sorry ass wants, just proves me that you do NOT seem to care, if so, that be the last thing you'd think about or would only care if this were to happen to you for a short duration. Yet I'm in the whole long duration thing, and it's sickening. I do not say take a break from LoL or CSGO or CoD or whatever the ######### other types of competitive games are out there, just to be greeted with more double f-bombs or n-bombs or even ######### death threats in a game that brought me joy when I first got my hands on back in 2016 (hopefully this is obvious about what game I'm talking about, if not: it's DBD)

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

We have a reporting system, WHICH I have commented above and how to use it and no, we don't ignore things. Report them and the ACM team will handle it.

Please check out the post I posted before in which I explained and posted a link to the rules that explains a few things about reporting something in the game.

This discussion has been closed.