Why do you bring a mori?

Options
Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Other than using a mori for a daily ritual, why do you bring a mori in your match or matches? Just curious here.

•Someone you don’t like?

•A team you don’t like?

•just had a bad match previously?

•just to be toxic or mean

•revenge

•for the animation

•A key in the lobby

•multiple medkits, flashlights, toolboxes, etc.

If I I didn’t list something put it down below. I personally don’t like bringing moris but if it’s for a daily that’s probably about it.

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,425
    Options

I don’t usually use Moris because I find them boring to play with and against.

On the rare occasion when I do bring it is if the killer I play is new, and I wanna see their mori animation and even then I only use it on death hook. Sometimes it comes in handy for when EGC is active and someone got downed at an exit, to avoid their DS.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

If I ever do, it's because I'm really stressed out. I hate myself after for doing it, but there's nothing like watching Pigs mori.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Daily, and even then, only on death hook

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Normally because I have a mission that needs a mori or that needs me to kill all four survivors, or just because I have spares and feel like it for the animations. I tend to avoid bringing them otherwise though because I usually get a higher score if I do well and bring a Bloodpoint offering instead since I can more hooks and chases in that way.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

Daily

Key

When i am about to prestige someone so i didnt wasted BP

Sometimes just for the fun and animation but thats rare

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Keys.

• RelentlessShadows009
    RelentlessShadows009 Member Posts: 192
    Options

1. I like the animations.

2. To spice things up so it's more fun/menacing.

3. Every now and then, because the last group of survivors were that sweaty, someone's gonna die!

Now I do try to be kind when I use a mori. But that goes to bed quick. Mostly because most people assume I'm going to be toxic from the start. That's when 3 back to back gens are done in no time, body blocks abundant. Hooks being broken and omg the flashlights!!

That's when I chose one and zone in.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

Its extremely rare, but when I sense a SWAT team of survivors is in my lobby, all 3 flashlights and a key, Prestige 3 full team of claudettes.....yeah I'm about to stab every single one of them in the throat....

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

1: Daily

2: I use a randomizer for every game for my perks and add-ons. If a Mori appears, and I have it in stock, then I use it.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

key = mori

ok?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I bring it to deal with Survivor Friends. I want them to assume I have the Mori when they see the hidden offering. I means fewer people want to get hooked even once, and thus it is easier to push them off Generators. When they know they get 3 hooks, do they really care? I've seen me grab the first one and he let me, and another just jumped on. The Mori changes that dynamic whether I use it or not.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331
    Options

Same, worse though is next trial I usually match with weaker survivors and feel bad for bringing a mori so I don't even use it 😭

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

That’s true. I can agree. Selfies with ghosty boi is everything.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

It's a daily or it's a kyf. Either way, it's going to be a cypress.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

I very rarely bring a mori. I usually just flip the kill by dailies when they pop up. In the very rare chance I play one it's usually if I spotted a swf team I had played previously who I found needed some manner tuning. Aside from that, I don't because I prefer earning BP's. If I lived in a world where I no longer needed to farm bp's i'd probably bring one more often for fun.

• stealthy_feng101
    stealthy_feng101 Member Posts: 18
    Options

If I see a toxic killer player I give that guys his own medicine

• Virusmain
    Virusmain Member Posts: 53
    Options

Key in lobby, and i see all toolboxes

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I'm not a good nurse so I have to compensate.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

Only if i had an exeptionally horrible time even then it's on death hook and I usually just play a different game long before then.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

For the animation.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 877
    Options

Plainly simple. I am a Killer. I am not a Sacrificer. 😁

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,295
    Options

If I have a daily and I don't have Rancor on the killer in question.

New killer and I want to see the mori for myself.

.. that's pretty much it 😄

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179
    Options

When I smell a swf and have a bad feeling they are all red rank. Just to shake things up.

Or I see 3 flashlight and a key. I will make sure to slug and slice. I float between ebony and Ivory mori pending my killer if I know I can get quick hooks, stagger survivors and get good gen pressure going.

Nothing more satisfying than using my mori on a tea bagging meg who was all clicky clicky but made the mistake of being too far from the out of bounds line when I smacked that little c*nt down.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

I don't use mories often bc they make the game boring and stale. Would most likely usevthem during a ritual or going to prestige a killer.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020
    Options

i never bring moris, id rather just Dodge the looby, but with the NEW MMR i cant even change to my main, so i have to leave or put an ebony if i see a Key, but most times i would just dodge but sadly for wahtever odd reason, killers looby times are being quite ######### long.

it may happen if i have lots of ebonys and im about to prestrigie but most likely i would prestigie after wasting all my cakes/BPS offerings the rest are kind of meh since i probably wasted all my decent to good addons so id rather jsut prestigie and eventually a mori could happen but most likely wont i just dont like to bring an ebony, if i see a toxic 4 man with 4k hours each or more i will just dodge that, even if i win i wont have fun it will just a try hard sweat match to get nothing but the same points i would get on a normal match but without stressing myself for nothing.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Key or a daily, mostly because of keys, Idk..... I'm just tired of keys

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If I mori someone there's only 3 reasons.

Someone brought a key

I had a ritual/daily

I brought DH and the survivors were foolish enough to let me get 5 stacks

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Mori insurance. If a toxic bunch of junkers run riot, a mori is one sure way to put a stop to it. When i was a newbie killer, i used them often, I don't now, they aren't fair. Still, they do offer a get out of jail if bullied card

• ArtCrusade
    ArtCrusade Member Posts: 30
    Options

If they bring a way to exit the match at their will I add an option to remove someone from the game. That easy. Remove keys AND moris please

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I bring one because I want to. Sometimes I feel like it, sometimes I don't.

Not like there's much else to bring in the offerings slot anyway.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,224
    Options

other then for daily if it looks like hard team i may bring one.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,010
    Options

Either it's a daily requiring me to kill somebody 'with my own hand,' a TTV, a SWF I recognize, or a key.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

I use them for two reasons. I need them to handle swf, because i am not a good killer. And since i have no indicator about swf, i just asume i have an swf in every game.

Also, devs said they will look into them, which basicly means they get reworked to be useless. Better spend them before that happens.

But plz. note that i am a survivor main, and i use up my keys for the same reason as well.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

Daily.

Sometimes, if I just want to see a particular one, I'll bring one and use it on the last hook or end game. Ebony Mori is the most OP thing in this game and I don't care to use them.

Keys don't bother me. I've seen three keys last week with only one being used after closing the hatch to trigger EGC. Keys are strong, but are a shadow compared to EM.

Would like to see keys reworked to only allow one person per key.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

I bought moris when a new killer comes out,i buy a,lot of them but use them 2 to 5 times for the first day,Then i dont use them & im going to prestige soon so im just gonna use them all before im going prestige.

• nixtunes
    nixtunes Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2020
    Options

In response to the post, only for challenges. Had the one for killing everyone with Ruin as a perk, and didn't feel like playing many matches to finish it.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,005
    Options

Stress relief and getting tome challenges done faster

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,563
    Options

For a challenge or daily ritual only. Don't like em, don't use em.

And I refuse to allow the previous trial results to make me take it out on the next survs who did nothing but push Y. I am responsible for my own behavior, not theirs.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options
    • Meghead

No other reason.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I use (mostly) everything I buy on a killer before I prestige them. That means right before I'm about to prestige them and I'm running out of add ons I'm going to be running Ebony Mori's with Ultra rare add ons since I usually just play with brown add ons/offerings.

If I'm on a P3 killer, it's because someone in the lobby telepathically offended me and they're about to get vibe checked.

• BigDoggo
    BigDoggo Member Posts: 1
    Options

Because of a daily and because the Animation is Hella cool. Oh and when I don't have Devour Hope in the Killer I am using at that time :D

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options
  • ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

Daily

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,010
    Options

The majority of streamers I've come against are of the toxic variety. Either they're out to make my match as frustrating as possible (vault spamming when I don't give them attention, for instance), or they're part of a bully SWF. I just don't like it, so I don't put up with it, reason given or not.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

I usually bring one when i see a key or I recognize the name of a toxic survivor and thats about it. I do wish the cypress mori was base cause the animations do look cool for some killers.