"Gen Rushing"?

Options

Out of mostly curiosity, what the hell actually is gen rushing? From what I understand it's when survivors complete gens in rapid succession, like they finish one and go onto another. Is that right or is there more to it? Can someone explain? You'd think I'd know the right terminology since I've been playing for about two years smh.

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

4 survivors split up on 4 gens at the beginning. Theyll have 3 done not to ling after you get your first hook. Then they stack to get the last 2 done. Done properly with a coordinated team theres very very little the killer can do to stop it. They dont care about injuries or just about anything else. Theyll even let that first person go into a second hook stage. They are all 100% focused on gens. If this sounds stupid or if you start to think you can counter it, dont bother. Depip squad already proved over and over again youre screwed

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited August 2020
    Options

Mostly, "genrush" is more a way the game and out than an actual tactic. If the killer doesn't snowball map pressure in the very early game, then them gens be pretty much done before they've even began repairing. A lot of killers complain about getting "genrushed", and to an extent it's actually a solid complaint - 4 minute gens/6 minute match times isn't fun for anyone.

But actual "genrushing" is when you get teams coming in with toolboxes, BNP and Prove Thyself and absolute slamming gens like there's a $10,000 prize for quickest depip. Who needs 4 minute gens when 2.5 minutes is enough, right people?

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

When survivors do their objective as efficiently as possible.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Play survivor and watch them pop in quick succession as you're either being chased or hunting totems. Go "OH SH*T! I HAVE ZERO LIGHTBRINGER!" and jump on a generator to try and save rank. Have them all done in under 5 minutes.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,200
    Options

it mostly when gen pop haster then killer can chase and hook a survivor,I mean before you get yor first hook in 3 to 4 gen can be done that's genrushing.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50
    Options

Okay, these actually make sense now that I think about it. So Gen Rush is just when survivors ignore every other objective they have and just do gens- turns out, since I only play solo, this is actually really frustrating for me too 🤦🏻‍♀️if I get hooked early and they just leave me till 2nd hook or let me die is always annoying...

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

The term is used when survivors prioritize gens. Gen rushing doesn't exist. Really, it's the only objective for survivors in order to escape

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
    Options

i can’t tell how how much I agree with this post, like what else are survivors gonna do to get out , try to break the gate? Use a shovel to dig out?

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    Options

Most of the time killer complain about "genrush" when they tunnel one guy that is good at looping.

The 4 bnp + prove thyself commando squad is so rare it's not even worth accounting for.

If there's nobody to heal survivor will be on gen that's to be expected

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Can the shovel play the 'Great Escape' theme tune while you do?

Honestly, while there are a 'few' dedicated 'ignore everything else including solos on hook' types, Gen rushing is pretty much survivors doing their main objective effectively. The term gets thrown around sometimes (not always) as an excuse as to why someone lost the game and occasionally as a slur at survivors who dared to complete their objective quickly.

I always found the latter odd when i ran into so many Mori games....

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I got a game recently as Huntress on Shelter woods. I injured 3 survivors and hooked one of them. When they unhooked him they get back straight to gens. So while everyone was injured and focused on gens instead of healing it wasn't problem to down them one by one on such an open map. I could slug one is someone is nearby. They managed to finish couple of gens before snowball grows. When I killed all of them they called me a toxic killer for some reason. Seems like they expect me to wait untill they finish gens to make it fair and not toxic.

Gen rushing is a strategy to focus on gens istead of healing and unhooking. Sometimes it's good for killer, sometimes killer is helpless against it.

• pwncxkes
    Options

And the thing is, it is usually the killers fault for letting them “ gen rush “ the killer have to know when to let go of chases and patrol gens and balance out downing people. You just have to make the right choices, which usually killers don’t, and they proceed to let a survivor loop them for 5 minutes and then the gates get powered and proceeds to complain and about toxic genrushers

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

It is just a way to describe survivors doing their objective. It is not the survivors fault or the killers fault. It is the devs fault for making generators to fast and to few because the game was designed to be played SOLO where 2 to 3 survivors leave their gen to rescue one person giving the killer time.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50
    Options

From what I can see it's just where survivors are prioritising gens then? And not doing anything else, which is where the problem starts I guess. The only counter I could think of as well is to make gens slower...?

• pwncxkes
    edited August 2020
    Options

I wouldn’t say that is efficient on killing survivors because if you are just focusing on 1 survivor you are just wasting your time on that person while other survivors get the generators done thus only getting you 1-2 kills, when you could be actively hooking other survivors to get them on their last hook and applying map pressure on other survivors to not do their objective. So tunneling isn’t that efficient and it isn’t a good comparison to “ gen rushing.” That doesn’t even consider the perks they could be running like DS, BT, Adrenaline,etc. Unless they are toxic entitled survivors then you can tunnel and camp for all I care lmao 😂

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options