To those few still saying “wait for MMR to get better,” have you ever tried something new?

2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It seems inconsistent to me. Just earlier today I had a game as Spirit where I played against all Rank 1's, got a 3K and had the last guy get out thru hatch. Pretty good game, gg's all around. Next game, not even 5 minutes later, I completely dominate. 4K with 5 gens left. One Rank 19, the rest are perkless Rank 20's.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I just wanted to find some where to give my feedback without starting a whole thread, since it has now been a few days for me. I've gone well over 30 matches on survivor, though maybe not as much on any individual killer. My total play time is about 550 hours since Feb, so there was plenty of time for them to back log where I'd fit.

On killer, it's just bad. I feel so bad. Half the time I get a decent team and the other half it's 3 rank 19-20s and 1 purple/red guy. I find myself trying to prolong matches so they can get a legitimate game where they just don't outright die the first 5 minutes. I mean, at least I'm not getting cussed out near as much, but I am apologizing every other match. And for the record, most these killers I had 30+ matches on previous to the MMR update. Pig, Doctor, Wraith, Demogorgon, etc. Recently however I finally got Pyramid Head to a playable level. So I have no experience on him, right? And I get high ranked players, lol. This system just doesn't make a lick of sense.

On survivor, which I play a lot more of in general, it's.......... better, but I don't want to say by much. Better than the groups I'm getting as killer, but I still get parties with gray ranks sometimes. Lots of rainbows. However I get more red/purple players. And before someone says "ranks don't matter", yeah I get that, but there's almost always a difference between a red rank and a yellow guy. Only time that's not true is if it's a returning player.

It all just seems so bloody random.

• _orpheus_
    _orpheus_ Member Posts: 33

i’m rank 4 with 500 hours and i keep getting put with rank 20s with less than 10 hours and they are awful teammates. as killer i keep getting matched with red ranks and i’m rank 11 and i’m not that good at killer and it sucks.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Ahh yes that part was my point that more hours = me right?

No I was saying that not having rank 3 perks doesnt mean that they havent played the games for hundres of hours. Chill man xD

• constantpanic
    constantpanic Member Posts: 4

One of my games today before I got off for the night. Only reason I made it out was because I was extremely lucky with a hatch.

• constantpanic
    constantpanic Member Posts: 4

Who cares if its a blanket? If its a big problem for a lot of people, shouldn't it be fixed anyway? Or should we say that since it benefits a few people, we should just let them have fun while others have issues and start to resent the game?

There's absolutely no reason we should have been pitted against someone we couldn't handle. You might not be having issues so hurray for you, but others are and it needs to be fixed. Whether it comes with a reversal or a patch to the current matchmaking, it needs to change.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

I'm glad to hear that the new MMR is not totally bullxxxx for everyone. For me it's not working good as well. Last game for example there was this poor Trapper, he didn't even know what to do, it was his first match ever (he told me afterwards), so I let him hook me until I died, because I felt so bad :( I don't want to be cocky, but I'm sure I don't have the same skill level as a killer who just started to play, not knowing how to place traps, trying to damage a gen 3 times, swinging their weapon in front of a hook instead of hooking you, because they still have to learn the basic controls etc. It's just so unfair for newbies. And not every newbie is motivated to go on after 10 matches, where they got bullied by more skilled people (sadly most of the time my teammates are just morons, why bullying someone who is obviously new to the game smh). Same when I play killer, survivors that use pallets without me being even close to them. I get a sound notification, then I go and check and I see some thrown down paletts. First I thought they were just some of these "killer come and try get me" survivors, but nope, just newbies. 1 out of my last 14 survivor matches was a match where I felt at least a lil bit pressured, not unchallenged (I play solo btw). 3 out of my last 19 killer matches were also good, I had to work for my kills. But still, the other matches were just boring to play. Easy escapes as a survivor and easy kills as a killer. I know that this is what a lot of people in this forum want. But I want to work for it, I want to have a chance to escape/to get my kills, but not a guarantee. 

P.S. sorry for my poor english knowledge.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I've played at least over 10 matches on Clown already with the new MMR system and I consistenly get red rank squads bullying me despite my personal rank already regressing to green ranks from the nonstop losses. This is unplayable.