Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why did you guys change the heat mechanic?

The purpose of it was to punish players that misuse it (m2 only billy, dashing forever), but now it's punishing players for just using his power. Where's the flashlight cooldowns? What about punishing gen-tapping for newer players? Why do pallets not break after being used too much? Why are killers punished for using what they are given, while survivors can abuse items and game mechanics with little to no cooldown?

I'm not asking for killers to be dominant, but jeez, no wonder why after 4 years, this game is still unbalanced. You guys can't even make up your minds!

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

We should also make sure players strike a balance between M1 and M2 by having a separate overheat mechanic for the mallet. Okay not overheat because that doesn't make sense but maybe if you use your basic attack too much the mallet gets sticky and has to be washed. Constant micromanaging is what makes a killer truly fun and balanced.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

Well as killer you have a weapon and survivors don't... Everything you said can be countered.

Also survivors spend more on aurics than killers... That's why it is unbalanced :)

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Add to that he could easily catch up to you after a pallet stun.

Get to the loop, loop him, throw pallet get a stun (or not but he has to break if its safe anyway) you start running to get some distance, he uses chainsaw dash to catch up with you immediately, if the next loop was close you have a chance, if not you are dead because he canceled the chainsaw, ran just behind you and instadowned you.

• dizbruhlikesthering
    dizbruhlikesthering Member Posts: 113

My problem is that it feels like they want to make him add-on reliant, which i think no killer should have to be. I can't get my head around why they needed to tweak it further, especially when they said in the first changelog that they were "otherwise happy with how he was performing". Billy did receive a nerf with the change, it stopped him from using it all the time, and also makes facecamping impossible, which i thought seemed enough for a killer they seemed to be happy about. Seems like that wasn't enough.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

Gen tapping stops the regression instantly in mere milliseconds, but the Killer needs to waste precious seconds to kick it, see the diff?

The Billy nerf was to punish the Killer that missused the power too much, revving it all times. Now you should only revv when necessary, but now it still punishes you in this situation.

This will affect good players, in situations where you could snowball by quickly downing survivors in sucession, now you can't. I doubt you can down 4 survivors without overheating your chainsaw. (revv overheat + sprints overheat to down the survivors).

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

Overheat was barely a barrier and people were playing Billy as they have always been. The other things you mentioned are not even broken, are you even still complaining about Flashlights !? 2016 flashback

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

Good. That's how it should be. Being able to down 4 survivors in quick succession is OP (with the except of Bubba's power if all 4 survivors are in the same area, they deserve it). Besides that exception, no killer should have the power to get 4 instadowns one after the other

• dizbruhlikesthering
    dizbruhlikesthering Member Posts: 113

The thing is, the potential is ALWAYS there. Nurse can do this aswell, the thing is it still requires a heck of a lot skill if you are gonna down 4 people who are decent at the game just with the chainsaw.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

That's not how it should be. If you manage to let a Billy snowball by downing 4 survivors, it means they missplayed or are unskilled at chases. It's all in the Survivor's fault if they let a Killer snowball. If a Killer manages to down 4 survivors, he played well and took advantage of whatever survivors have done wrong.

It's like you saying the Killer can't take advantage of Survivors mistakes and we need to nerf them for this to don't happen.