Perfect (maybe) self care nerf.

Options
Milo
Milo Member Posts: 7,383

So this is the version 1.0.2.:

Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30/40/50 % the normal healing speed. Skill Checks triggered in this situation have success zones reduced by 20/10/0 %. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 50/75/100 %.

what if we used this again with tweeks?

Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30% the normal healing speed. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 25/50/75%.

OR

You can use your medkits efficiently. Med-kit self heal charge consumption is decreased by 50/75/100%. Also you heal yourself faster by 10/15/20% (10/20/30)

Then buff botany knowledge and we good. I need to know what do you think
(also this post was posted once but the it has to get approved or something so posting again)

Comments

• Milo
    Options

@Justicar said:
    The problem with self-care has nothing to do with its speed, and everything to do with the fact that it's infinite. It's needs to allow you to heal yourself once per game (and resets fully if interrupted). With that in place, it's fine if it heals at normal healing speed.

See option number 2

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

@Milo said:

@Justicar said:
    The problem with self-care has nothing to do with its speed, and everything to do with the fact that it's infinite. It's needs to allow you to heal yourself once per game (and resets fully if interrupted). With that in place, it's fine if it heals at normal healing speed.

See option number 2

I'd prefer that option yes, but I don't think it's really plausible without also reworking (just buffing wouldn't really work in this case) Botany Knowledge due to the huge amount of overlap.

• Milo
    Options

@Justicar said:

@Milo said:

@Justicar said:

See option number 2

I'd prefer that option yes, but I don't think it's really plausible without also reworking (just buffing wouldn't really work in this case) Botany Knowledge due to the huge amount of overlap.

Well then im out of options ...

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I like this idea.

Even then, I never see a problem with Self Care when I play Killer myself.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Brady said:

I like this idea.

@Brady
    Exactly, sc = more bps from hits
  • Milo
    Options

@Brady said:
    I like this idea.

Actually this is from a survivor perspective...

If you try to be altruistic and heal people they just heal themselfes with Self Care.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

I think if they go on with healing time change (from 12 to 16) Self Care would get nerfed enough. 32 (or 40 with Mangled) seconds to heal is a loooot of time.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    White_Owl said:

I think if they go on with healing time change (from 12 to 16) Self Care would get nerfed enough. 32 (or 40 with Mangled) seconds to heal is a loooot of time.

This is what I was just thinking about... I mean I hope they implement the "3 pillars" idea McLean thought of it would encourage the use of medkits as well 
  • EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options
    It's not OP In the sense of a killer, I'm used to assuming that everyone has self care by default anyway, but it needs a nerf or rework just so it isn't a garunteed pick for a perk. The longer heal times would help, perhaps also making it so you can't heal in parts, and need to channel the whole heal to work. Healing mid chase really shouldn't be a thing. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@White_Owl said:

I think it is gonna become 24 not 32 since it reduces healing speed by %50. I don't know how mangled affects (Baseline or cumulative?) but it will be around 28-30 with mangled.

• NextKillerSpongebob
    Options

@Milo said:

Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30/40/50 % the normal healing speed. Skill Checks triggered in this situation have success zones reduced by 20/10/0 %. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 50/75/100 %.

Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30% the normal healing speed. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 25/50/75%.

OR

You can use your medkits efficiently. Med-kit self heal charge consumption is decreased by 50/75/100%. Also you heal yourself faster by 10/15/20% (10/20/30)

(also this post was posted once but the it has to get approved or something so posting again)

I wouldn't mind these changes or the changes of only one heal per game. That would certainly make the match scarier and more serious for survivors

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@Milo said:

OR

I wouldn't mind these changes or the changes of only one heal per game. That would certainly make the match scarier and more serious for survivors

If it was limited: Why not just bring medkits? Better heals than a perk.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thetruth said:

Should probably just take it out of the game so killers stop crying about it

I mean, when survivors cry about stuff it gets nerfed. Bloodlust got nerfed Freddy got nerfed they got multiple killer perks nerfed some to near uselessness. Pallets are dropped quicker so killers are less likely to get a hit. The devs even buffed exhaustion after nerfing it by making it go away as soon as you are hooked. So don't say killers cry about things. When killers "cry" they usually have numbers to back it up and actual reason other than just "this is op please nerf it" 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thetruth said:

as an aside... on that note, can we just let the gays get married so i can stop hearing about it on the news so much?
  • White_Owl
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

I think it is gonna become 24 not 32 since it reduces healing speed by %50. I don't know how mangled affects (Baseline or cumulative?) but it will be around 28-30 with mangled.

It is already 24.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    Options

I think that Self Care should be made a base skill for EVERY survivour, 80% of people use it anyway, so why not make it 100? Ofc, game must be balanced around it then, but mostly because of it's not using a perk slot anymore. Because right now close to endgame not having self care means that survivours are doomed, ut if they do - there's no stopping them, including hatch situations. Including this into survivours abilities will finally allow devs to nerf surviours, considering they are able to use self care. Now they just can't, since some people don't use it.

Though, it's just an idea that's not anywhere near good, it might be a solution to self heal problem.

• Delfador
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

It is already 24.

I believe it is 18. If it is not, perk description is wrong and it should be stated that it reduces healing speed by %100.

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Brady said:

I like this idea.

@Brady

And survivors are rewarded points for getting hit too.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Raziel said:

@Vietfox said:
    Brady said:

I like this idea.

@Brady

And survivors are rewarded points for getting hit too.

@Raziel
    I meant that if survivors are healed killer can hit them more times and killer would get more BPs.
    Would love to see bps earned for getting hits though, lol.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2018
    Options

They considered having Self Care reset healing completely if you got interrupted, but that was deemed too powerful as it was canceling out work done by other people healing you. Personally, I wouldn't mind it if Self Care interruptions only regressed you 25%. If nothing else, it would stop that silly "heal mid-chase" garbage we keep seeing.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

It is already 24.

I believe it is 18. If it is not, perk description is wrong and it should be stated that it reduces healing speed by %100.

You got your math wrong buddy.
    50 decreases makes 100 into 50. Healing with 50 is doubling the time.
    Just multiple time by 0.50
  • Sarief
    Options

I think that Self Care should be made a base skill for EVERY survivour, 80% of people use it anyway, so why not make it 100? Ofc, game must be balanced around it then, but mostly because of it's not using a perk slot anymore. Because right now close to endgame not having self care means that survivours are doomed, ut if they do - there's no stopping them, including hatch situations. Including this into survivours abilities will finally allow devs to nerf surviours, considering they are able to use self care. Now they just can't, since some people don't use it.

Though, it's just an idea that's not anywhere near good, it might be a solution to self heal problem.

No, self care takes perk slot to not give survivors more free perk slots. It's 16 vs 4 so stop right now.

SC is needed in game, and the game is designed with this perk in everyone possession in mind.

As for those situations : devs said they don't like situations themselves, so they are you be reworked

The only Nerf needed is heal in killers face thing and times. Times are worked on right now.

Oh, and it should not cuck Freddy so hard. It is most meta perk all time, you can't have it directly counter killers ability
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

No, self care is fine.

• White_Owl
    Options

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

It is already 24.

Doing something at half the speed makes you require double the time. The description is right, you're just confusing speed with time.

• Delfador
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

It is already 24.

Doing something at half the speed makes you require double the time. The description is right, you're just confusing speed with time.

Oh you are right, my bad.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I like it because people.act like dumdum's and just assume killers wont use nc on them I mean hello we know you have sc so were gonna abuse the heck out.of you having it to find ya ass and kill ya
  • SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    Options

@Sarief said:
    SanKa_Games said:

No, self care takes perk slot to not give survivors more free perk slots. It's 16 vs 4 so stop right now.

SC is needed in game, and the game is designed with this perk in everyone possession in mind.

As for those situations : devs said they don't like situations themselves, so they are you be reworked

The only Nerf needed is heal in killers face thing and times. Times are worked on right now.

Oh, and it should not cuck Freddy so hard. It is most meta perk all time, you can't have it directly counter killers ability

I believe, Freddy's problems with SC will be solved with the next balance patch (though, devs' buffs are always so unpredictable and they might make a perk/addon solution LOL).

• Sarief
    Options

@Sarief said:
    SanKa_Games said:

I believe, Freddy's problems with SC will be solved with the next balance patch (though, devs' buffs are always so unpredictable and they might make a perk/addon solution LOL).

Lolwhat? 
    In next patch Freddy is going to be there even more - more SC time, more skill checks
  • Milo
    Options

@Sarief said:
    SanKa_Games said:

@Sarief said:

SanKa_Games said:

Lolwhat? 
    In next patch Freddy is going to be there even more - more SC time, more skill checks

They want to remove SC being able to wake you up

Also still this post was made because for the more altruistic players.

• Sarief
    Options
    Milo said:

@Sarief said:
    SanKa_Games said:

@Sarief said:

SanKa_Games said:

Lolwhat? 

They want to remove SC being able to wake you up

Also still this post was made because for the more altruistic players.

Removal of SC wake up was just an idea. It was never mentioned to be in mid patch
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    Options

altruism
    [ˈaltruːɪz(ə)m]
    disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

Translation to DbD: "If you don't let me heal you (even if I'm going to fail all the skill checks) then I'll cry and cry and cry. Your survival is less important than my bloodpoints."

• Milo
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Eight said:

altruism
    [ˈaltruːɪz(ə)m]
    disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

Translation to DbD: "If you don't let me heal you (even if I'm going to fail all the skill checks) then I'll cry and cry and cry. Your survival is less important than my bloodpoints."

You got me there.
    But not entirely on bp thing
  • Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219
    Options

@Thetruth said:

Orrr killers can stop being whiny babies about it and use Nurses Calling to counter it like intended.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Grimzy said:

@Thetruth said:

Orrr killers can stop being whiny babies about it and use Nurses Calling to counter it like intended.

A Nurse's Calling does not counter Self Care. It does not stop the perk in any conceivable way.

Calm Spirit counters Spies From The Shadows - it fully prevents the perk from ever activating.
    Boil Over counters Iron Grasp - it fully prevents the perk from taking effect.

A Nurse's Calling does nothing to prevent Self Care. All it does is provide you with an aura if the Survivor was stupid/reckless enough to heal within your terror radius.
    To say that A Nurse's Calling counters Self Care is like saying that Territorial Imperative counters basement rescues.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@Grimzy said:

@Thetruth said:

counter
    "a thing which opposes or prevents something else"

So, let me get this straight:

You believe that A Nurse's Calling, a Perk which reveals the Aura of healing Survivors within up to 28 metres of the Killer somehow prevents the Survivor from using Self-Care?

Going by your logic, do you then agree with me, that Territorial Imperative is an excellent counter to basement saves? I mean, we all know that having your Aura revealed puts a magic interaction-blocker on you.

• Milo
    Options
    Orion said:

@Grimzy said:

@Thetruth said:

A Nurse's Calling does not counter Self Care. It does not stop the perk in any conceivable way.

Calm Spirit counters Spies From The Shadows - it fully prevents the perk from ever activating.
    Boil Over counters Iron Grasp - it fully prevents the perk from taking effect.

A Nurse's Calling does nothing to prevent Self Care. All it does is provide you with an aura if the Survivor was stupid/reckless enough to heal within your terror radius.
    To say that A Nurse's Calling counters Self Care is like saying that Territorial Imperative counters basement rescues.

But boil over doesnt fully counter it. It negates one effect.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Milo said:
    But boil over doesnt fully counter it. It negates one effect.

My apologies, it negates one effect and doesn't negate the additional 1.9 s of carry time, which clearly make a big difference.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Grimzy said:

@Thetruth said:

counter

You believe that A Nurse's Calling, a Perk which reveals the Aura of healing Survivors within up to 28 metres of the Killer somehow prevents the Survivor from using Self-Care?

Going by your logic, do you then agree with me, that Territorial Imperative is an excellent counter to basement saves? I mean, we all know that having your Aura revealed puts a magic interaction-blocker on you.

Well technically speaking no, but in a sense it does counter it since if the survivor is stupid enough to heal in your terror radius you can stop it and down them.

Thus stopping aka countering the heal. 😁

Sorry couldn't resist that last part.

• powerbats
    Options

Now you could still keep the idea that most of us suggested which is that if you stop the heal it resets the progress but make it personal healing only.

If 1 or more others heals you then stops their progress gets saved similar to say chest searches.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited October 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

@Grimzy said:

@Thetruth said:

counter

Well technically speaking no, but in a sense it does counter it since if the survivor is stupid enough to heal in your terror radius you can stop it and down them.

Thus stopping aka countering the heal. 😁

Sorry couldn't resist that last part.

I condemn thee back to hell, devil's advocate!

Joking aside, that's not how a counter works, but unlike Grimzy, I believe you know that.

• powerbats
    edited October 2018
    Options

@DocOctober said:

I condemn thee back to hell, devil's advocate!

Joking aside, that's not how a counter works, but unlike Grimzy, I believe you know that.

I do indeed, but my sense of humour got the better of me so had to post that for some early morning laughs. Besides the devs and mods are going to be at work **Soon ** ™ so I'm sure they could use some early laughs.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 217
    Options

@powerbats said:

Unless he is doing it in plain sight anyway by dragging you from pallet to pallet until he is finished and the hunt begins from zero.

• Scruffigus
    Scruffigus Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I kinda think self care should mangle you slowly, like by about 10% per full heal without medkits. This makes the perk not as core, while remaining an option, as well as giving a new choice in game if you want to heal and potentially end up killing yourself later or finding someone else to patch you up. To be honest I kinda feel like self care is the strongest perk in the game for the same reason nurse is the strongest killer, it takes away a core rule of the game.