Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sloppy butcher is... really bad.

When I found out that rank 3 only adds 5 seconds to healing timers, I was disappointed. I think it’s because the perk makes it seem like it seriously hinders survivors. But it’s a pathetic 5 seconds... 

I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much. 

It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss. 

But I've made two posts on that subject already.  

Comments

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    5 seconds doesn't sound like much but if you think about it that's 5 seconds added every time you hit someone. I run the perk alot and those extra few seconds have helped me secure more kills then they should of. 
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    It’s a great counter to self care and is meant for tracking purposes that’s it. I use it for those sole purposes and it does the job very well. Combo thanataphobia, slobby, and blood hound you will have injured survivors everywhere easier to track. Don’t use it as a filler perk use to combo
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Those seconds add up real fast.
    If you always successfully end chases and be able to hook everyone twice, you add a very nice 40 seconds for them to waste healing.
    And that's not including bodyblockers, failing chases, etc. Those also add up a lot.

It's not the best, i much prefer Pop Goes The Weasel if we're talking about pure Survivor time-wasters.
    But it's a great option if you don't have some Killers or some Teachables

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

To be honest some time back I thought of a buff/shift of power on Sloppy butcher. The description literally says something about being good at inflicting pain. With the new status coming in, I thought of something like this:

You know where to hit to make them bleed. Hits inflicted make it awfully painful to heal.

Wounds inflicted by successful attacks slightly/moderately/considerably increase the Survivor's Bleeding frequency and cause the broken status effect for 30/45/60 seconds.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Boss said:

If you always successfully end chases and be able to hook everyone twice, you add a very nice 40 seconds for them to waste healing.
    And that's not including bodyblockers, failing chases, etc. Those also add up a lot.

This. Not to mention that those couple extra seconds can mean the difference between catching a Survivor healing and downing them quickly or wasting more time finding a Survivor that just finished healing and needs two hits to down again.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    The new Sloppy Butcher is actually great. Combine it with Distressing and Coulrophobia - yummie results. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I still run it to counter Self Care. Seems to do alright, but they could do with buffing the amount of time Mangled adds onto healing. So that it’s a 10 second extra, not 5 seconds. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    The new Sloppy Butcher is actually great. Combine it with Distressing and Coulrophobia - yummie results. 
    Works well with Doc and his TR add ons, but the extra large TR on other Killers is kind of meh and doesn’t reach far enough to warrant two perk slots for Coulrophobia and Distressing. 
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Khalednazari said:
    Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets. 

No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for.
    Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You also get the benefit of Hemorrhage which makes them easy to track because they bleed all over the place. And if survivors Self Care instead of group up for heals it can really hurt them.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    I don't use it on killers because there's just no room in my build, but from a survivor perspective, it is so debilitating. Makes healing after an unhook incredibly dangerous.
    Such a great perk. If I wasn't so greedy for BP, I'd take it over BBQC.
  • Tsulan

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Boss said:

This sentence is so ludicrous is broke my brain. I literally had to walk away from the keyboard for a moment to process it. I was like "It can add 40 seconds to healing?" That sounds pretty good! Till you consider he meant 40 seconds of healing spread across 4 survivors and an entire game. So in terms of game slow down, if we assume an average game is around 15 minutes, you've delayed the game but 1/2 of a percent. Yup, take 1 percent and now divide it by 2. That's how much time you've made them "waste".

I never looked at Sloppy Butcher for the mangled effect, however. It was just too inconsequential. What makes it really good is for tracking. That extra bleeding is really nice. So the perk isn't worthless it's just preferential(some people may not care for the bleeding) and to exaggerate the impact of the mangled effect is...wow. I just really don't even know what to say.

Yes, the 40 second slowdown is only IF the killer loses survivors 8 times. Which, isn´t something one should do in the first place.

• Khalednazari
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for.

I have caught many players with Nurses calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia together. You have every right to differ, but it's still the best on killers like Freddy, Nurse, and even Trapper with his ultra-rare addon. 
  • Tsulan

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

I have caught many players with Nurses calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia together. You have every right to differ, but it's still the best on killers like Freddy, Nurse, and even Trapper with his ultra-rare addon. 

The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I enjoy SB at rank 1 play. It's situationally strong. If you're just chasing 1 person downing them and repeating it's pretty meh. If you have bodyblocking survivors or able to find and hit multiple survivors at once it's quite good.

Definitely not a bad perk anyways.

• Tsulan

@Might_Oakk said:
    I enjoy SB at rank 1 play. It's situationally strong. If you're just chasing 1 person downing them and repeating it's pretty meh. If you have bodyblocking survivors or able to find and hit multiple survivors at once it's quite good.

5 seconds is not quite good. You spend 5 seconds cleaning your weapon after each hit.
    Why do survivors have perks that double the speed of healing or sabotaging, but killers get a 5 second debuff at max? Not worth a perk slot at all. It´s ONLY ok to use it as Wraith with the blood seing addon.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.

I disagree coulrophobia is a strong perk and with your logic you just used it’s like saying nurses calling is worthless too because survivors know that you can’t heal in the terror radius , everything has a counter people try to act like killers should have zero counters and should be able to eat every pallet in the map without slowing down even a little and that’s fine with them as long as we keep trying to invent bullshit ways to get kills even though majority of us don’t have a problem doing so
  • Tsulan

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

I disagree coulrophobia is a strong perk and with your logic you just used it’s like saying nurses calling is worthless too because survivors know that you can’t heal in the terror radius , everything has a counter people try to act like killers should have zero counters and should be able to eat every pallet in the map without slowing down even a little and that’s fine with them as long as we keep trying to invent bullshit ways to get kills even though majority of us don’t have a problem doing so

NC isn´t worthless, because killers get a glimpse of healing survivors, once they come into range. Survivors usually stop healing once they hear the heartbeat.
    Coulrophobia only works inside the terror radius, and even gives the survivors a nice warning sign that they are in range. The warning sign appears before survivors can hear the audible heartbeat.

• lyric
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

NC isn´t worthless, because killers get a glimpse of healing survivors, once they come into range. Survivors usually stop healing once they hear the heartbeat.
    Coulrophobia only works inside the terror radius, and even gives the survivors a nice warning sign that they are in range. The warning sign appears before survivors can hear the audible heartbeat.

I guess that’s all on how you use it because I couple those perks together anytime I run nurses calling for maximum effect 
  • Tsulan

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said: Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets.  No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for. Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?

I guess that’s all on how you use it because I couple those perks together anytime I run nurses calling for maximum effect 

So survivors keep healing while being in your heartbeat?
    On what rank do you play?

• lyric
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said: Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets.  No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for. Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?

Well I’m at 6 now and no they don’t keep healing that’s not what I’m saying lol I’m saying it’s effective by not letting them fully heal because chances are you can get in range to get a glimpse and force them to keep trying to move to finish healing 
  • Might_Oakk
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:

@Might_Oakk said:

5 seconds is not quite good. You spend 5 seconds cleaning your weapon after each hit.
    Why do survivors have perks that double the speed of healing or sabotaging, but killers get a 5 second debuff at max? Not worth a perk slot at all. It´s ONLY ok to use it as Wraith with the blood seing addon.

It's really quite good any reduced terror radius killer Myers, Spirit, Hag with Nurses. Also on huntress, billy, LF it transfers to their killers power.

Quite a good perk that punishes survivors who aren't afraid of the killer.

If the discussed heal time change with mangled nerf goes through I'd rethink it though.

I don't think it's that bad if it's getting nerfed

• Might_Oakk
    edited September 2018

Oops double

• Tsulan
    edited September 2018

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said: Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:    Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets.         No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for.    Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?

I have caught many players with Nurses calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia together. You have every right to differ, but it's still the best on killers like Freddy, Nurse, and even Trapper with his ultra-rare addon.  The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.

Well I’m at 6 now and no they don’t keep healing that’s not what I’m saying lol I’m saying it’s effective by not letting them fully heal because chances are you can get in range to get a glimpse and force them to keep trying to move to finish healing 

You are gimping your own build with Coulrophobia. Survivors get a notification before they hear the heartbeat. You´ll miss more survivors if you take Coulrophobia.

• lyric
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said: Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:    Sloppy Butcher is really good. You need to use it on the right killer, with the right perk sets.         No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for.    Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?

I have caught many players with Nurses calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia together. You have every right to differ, but it's still the best on killers like Freddy, Nurse, and even Trapper with his ultra-rare addon.  The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.

You are gimping your own build with Sloppy Butcher. Survivors get a notification before they hear the heartbeat. You´ll miss more survivors if you take Sloppy Butcher.

I don’t take sloppy butcher I said coulrophobia and NC together 
  • Tsulan

@Might_Oakk said:

@Tsulan said:

@Might_Oakk said:

It's really quite good any reduced terror radius killer Myers, Spirit, Hag with Nurses. Also on huntress, billy, LF it transfers to their killers power.

Quite a good perk that punishes survivors who aren't afraid of the killer.

If the discussed heal time change with mangled nerf goes through I'd rethink it though.

To be a good perk (this also applies to thanatophobia and coulrophobia), the heal slowdown should be way higher. Survivors got perks that double their heal speed. No one bothers taking a perk that reduces their heal time by 5 seconds. Why should killers take a perk that increases that heal time by 5 seconds? That´s suboptimal. A killer already has a really tight time frame. A perk should really make a difference.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Sloppy is not as good as ruin in the role if game stopper.
    It has few scenarios where it is good:
    1) tracking with bloodhound
    2) slugging. healing 15% under mangled is not instant anymore and you can catch someone by surprise.
    3) nc with small TR killer (Myers, wraith, nurse, hag, doc, pig)
    4) someone in the hook and you want to make it not safe. Hitting someone will result in 30 seconds heal with 45 being hook stage. Makes at least two survivors busy. 

And that's about it. Combination with thana makes those scenarios a little bit scarier, but not much.
  • Tsulan
    edited September 2018

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said: Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:    Tsulan said:

I have caught many players with Nurses calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia together. You have every right to differ, but it's still the best on killers like Freddy, Nurse, and even Trapper with his ultra-rare addon.         The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.

I disagree coulrophobia is a strong perk and with your logic you just used it’s like saying nurses calling is worthless too because survivors know that you can’t heal in the terror radius , everything has a counter people try to act like killers should have zero counters and should be able to eat every pallet in the map without slowing down even a little and that’s fine with them as long as we keep trying to invent bullshit ways to get kills even though majority of us don’t have a problem doing so NC isn´t worthless, because killers get a glimpse of healing survivors, once they come into range. Survivors usually stop healing once they hear the heartbeat. Coulrophobia only works inside the terror radius, and even gives the survivors a nice warning sign that they are in range. The warning sign appears before survivors can hear the audible heartbeat.

You are gimping your own build with Sloppy Butcher. Survivors get a notification before they hear the heartbeat. You´ll miss more survivors if you take Sloppy Butcher.

I don’t take sloppy butcher I said coulrophobia and NC together 

Mindfuck, i was thinking coulrophobia but wrote sloppy butcher.
    The rest of the comment applied correctly.

Fixed it

• Tsulan

@Sarief said:
    Sloppy is not as good as ruin in the role if game stopper.
    It has few scenarios where it is good:
    1) tracking with bloodhound
    2) slugging. healing 15% under mangled is not instant anymore and you can catch someone by surprise.
    3) nc with small TR killer (Myers, wraith, nurse, hag, doc, pig)
    4) someone in the hook and you want to make it not safe. Hitting someone will result in 30 seconds heal with 45 being hook stage. Makes at least two survivors busy. 

And that's about it. Combination with thana makes those scenarios a little bit scarier, but not much.

Thanatophobia needs a buff, too.

• Boss

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Boss said:

This sentence is so ludicrous is broke my brain. I literally had to walk away from the keyboard for a moment to process it. I was like "It can add 40 seconds to healing?" That sounds pretty good! Till you consider he meant 40 seconds of healing spread across 4 survivors and an entire game. So in terms of game slow down, if we assume an average game is around 15 minutes, you've delayed the game but 1/2 of a percent. Yup, take 1 percent and now divide it by 2. That's how much time you've made them "waste".

I never looked at Sloppy Butcher for the mangled effect, however. It was just too inconsequential. What makes it really good is for tracking. That extra bleeding is really nice. So the perk isn't worthless it's just preferential(some people may not care for the bleeding) and to exaggerate the impact of the mangled effect is...wow. I just really don't even know what to say.

If your average is 15 minutes, there's something really wrong with your games.
    5 minutes need to be removed at least.
    It removes more time someone could repair their own Generator and it removes more time someone could help repair a Generator.
    While you only think of the direct benefit, the Perk allows you to actually slow down a thing no one likes, which is genrush.
    This Perk is no anti-genrush mind you, i never said it was actually powerful. (Read the comment again if you think otherwise.) I'd pick Pop Goes The Weasel or Hex: Ruin over it any day.
    Using it for tracking though, you're already better off just using Bloodhound. And then there's also multiple other tracking Perks that are just better.
    The only reason you wouldn't is if you don't have Wraith's Teachables, which is a stupid reason, it only takes 1 dozen hours to level someone to level 40 nowadays.

Also, i can make an argument without starting and ending like a #########.

• Khalednazari

@Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

I am not aware, which platform you play on. But on PS4, some survivors at rank 1 are even worse than rank 20s. With Freddy, it forces them to heal in my TR, since I can see their aura outside of it. Sloppy Butcher slows down the heal, which gives me a better chances to get them before they fully heal. We are different people, our playstyles differ, too. I love sloppy butcher, and I am really impressed with the buff. It gives a different dimension to this kind of playstyle.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

I am not aware, which platform you play on. But on PS4, some survivors at rank 1 are even worse than rank 20s. With Freddy, it forces them to heal in my TR, since I can see their aura outside of it. Sloppy Butcher slows down the heal, which gives me a better chances to get them before they fully heal. We are different people, our playstyles differ, too. I love sloppy butcher, and I am really impressed with the buff. It gives a different dimension to this kind of playstyle.

Lol, there are more potatoes for because of thee giveaway a month ago 
    But saying people are forced to heal in TR when you play Freddy. What a joke.
    You clearly don't know what you talk about

Edit: ######### this forum s autocomplete
  • Tsulan

@Khalednazari said:

@Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

Playing on PC. I played Freddy from from rank 12 to rank 1. The Sloppy Butcher is useless in that situation. Since the dreamworld already applies a heavy debuff on survivor actions. Try playing him without that perk. Nurse Calling is good on him.

Oh and Freddy isn´t exactly a top tier killer.

• Khalednazari

People demanding more time to heal are unreasonable. Some perks are meant to be supportive perks, and hence, not mainstream. Sloppy butcher is already doing its job and is good as it is right now. If something needs to change, it's Tinkerer since its only 'exceptionally good' on Billy boys, but then again, I wouldn't go make threads asking them to change it, because there are players who prefer to play with that perk.

• Boss
    edited September 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Boss said:
    It removes more time someone could repair their own Generator and it removes more time someone could help repair a Generator.

Yes, 40 seconds...if you're lucky...spread out in 5 second increments...over 4 survivors...for an entire game. That's 40 pro-killer seconds (anti-genrush seconds). Whereas survivors could add 40 seconds, per chase, in pro-survivor seconds(seconds where teammates are cranking out gens) and they can do it multiple times per game. Let's say, in a simple world, this happens twice per survivor in a game. That's a total of 320 pro-survivor seconds added to each game for a perk like DS/SB/or DH. That's enough time to do 4 gens.

So, the argument here is the killer has this amazing perk that can, MAYBE, add 40 seconds to the entire length of a game. That's 40 seconds of added gen time! Again...maybe...in 5 second increments...per survivor...if you're lucky...

The mangled effect is trash. The fact that there are people trying to say otherwise is just insanity.

There's no luck involved: They either add up the extra time or they go down in 1-hit the next time you see them.
    I'm not saying it isn't trash in comparison, i never made a direct statement.
    This next comment of yours is already way better btw.

• Tsulan

People demanding more time to heal are unreasonable. Some perks are meant to be supportive perks, and hence, not mainstream. Sloppy butcher is already doing its job and is good as it is right now. If something needs to change, it's Tinkerer since its only 'exceptionally good' on Billy boys, but then again, I wouldn't go make threads asking them to change it, because there are players who prefer to play with that perk.

So I suppose you use Prove Thyself as survivor. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    When I found out that rank 3 only adds 5 seconds to healing timers, I was disappointed. I think it’s because the perk makes it seem like it seriously hinders survivors. But it’s a pathetic 5 seconds... 

I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much. 

It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss. 

But I've made two posts on that subject already.  

Its a killer perk, you cant compare it to the power of DS for example.
    Just the irony that killer perks should be 4 times stronger .... :lol:

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Sloppy butcher is amazing!!! I run it nearly on half of killers with nurse's. It slows down the game drastically, makes sc work for you. I see so many people try to sc near me, pretend I don't see them and then just lunge at them before I turn the corner Don't know why you think it is bad. Mangled is one of the best effects ion the game for killer to apply to a survivor.

• Tsulan

@HellDescent said:
    Sloppy butcher is amazing!!! I run it nearly on half of killers with nurse's. It slows down the game drastically, makes sc work for you. I see so many people try to sc near me, pretend I don't see them and then just lunge at them before I turn the corner Don't know why you think it is bad. Mangled is one of the best effects ion the game for killer to apply to a survivor.

Those 5 seconds increased heal time sure must be impressive...
    Have you tried Fire Up yet? It´s a real burner!
    /S

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I've literally never been more offended by a topic in my life. After I read the original post I had to douse myself in gasoline and set myself on fire. It wasn't until 16 hours later, when the last ember finally went out, was I able to process the trauma I went through from experiencing an opinion that is not simply a carbon copy of my own.

JK. I just think the personal offense people take around here is pretty hilarious. Sloppy Butcher is pretty weak but it could be worth it if/when they increase healing times. Would be cool if it also made a survivor slightly hindered for a short time after being hit.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2018

You guys aren't looking at the big picture. Every bit of time you get back adds up.

40 seconds might not seem like much, until you realize that's a half of generator worth of time they lost.

Hell, stack it with Thanaphobia for giggles. Your keeping them injured longer, might as well ripple that effect to the rest of the team and affect generator repair time too.

Don't forget, there's still a possible universal healing nerf coming that's going to compound this effect as well.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I think sloppy butcher will definitely be a great perk when they increase the healing time for survivors. And plus they said if you use sc then it will take longer to heal your teammate. This will hurt survivor with friends. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

That's why you don't use NC, instead use Distresssing. You can force survivors to leave an area because it's so impossible to heal near you. It's like NC except where NC they have the option to heal near you and be seen, with CP they don't even have the option to heal near you. If you combo CP/SB/TP then Self Care takes a full minute (like 58 seconds). That's insane. NC might show you where they are but if it's a group heal or they have a medkit then there are times they can heal before you get to them. With CP that doesn't happen, they just can't heal.

If I played more killers with normal TR I'd use CP a lot more. But I play Huntress, Hag, Freddy, and Pig, first 3 have smaller TR and the last has built in Insidious so it's less useful on them. However, it is still good for Freddy because it turns lullaby into DW in terms of heal speed, and turns DW into "there is no healing" mode.

• Tsulan

You guys aren't looking at the big picture. Every bit of time you get back adds up.

40 seconds might not seem like much, until you realize that's a half of generator worth of time they lost.

Hell, stack it with Thanaphobia for giggles. Your keeping them injured longer, might as well ripple that effect to the rest of the team and affect generator repair time too.

Don't forget, there's still a possible universal healing nerf coming that's going to compound this effect as well.

Everyone keeps saying 40 seconds. But it's 40 seconds if you hit 8 survivors and let them escape. Who does that?!
  • Tsulan

@Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:
    Tsulan said:

@Khalednazari said:

That's why you don't use NC, instead use Distresssing. You can force survivors to leave an area because it's so impossible to heal near you. It's like NC except where NC they have the option to heal near you and be seen, with CP they don't even have the option to heal near you. If you combo CP/SB/TP then Self Care takes a full minute (like 58 seconds). That's insane. NC might show you where they are but if it's a group heal or they have a medkit then there are times they can heal before you get to them. With CP that doesn't happen, they just can't heal.

If I played more killers with normal TR I'd use CP a lot more. But I play Huntress, Hag, Freddy, and Pig, first 3 have smaller TR and the last has built in Insidious so it's less useful on them. However, it is still good for Freddy because it turns lullaby into DW in terms of heal speed, and turns DW into "there is no healing" mode.

Distressing needs some rework. For starters, the bonus bloodpoints have to be applied after the trial. They could also increase the terror radius by a bigger rate.
  • UncannyLuck
    UncannyLuck Member Posts: 210

I like Sloppy Butcher but I wouldn't mind seeing it do something like apply Broken for n seconds before applying Mangled.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Tsulan said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

Everyone keeps saying 40 seconds. But it's 40 seconds if you hit 8 survivors and let them escape. Who does that?!

I'm sure I have at least half of that a game from people I have to slap out of my way because their body-blocking a teammate. Just sayin......