Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ubreakable and Pop need the Brutal Strength treatment

Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

If you don’t know, Pallets long time ago required 3 whole seconds to be destroyed, and Brutal Strength, the Trapper’s unique perk, used to increase pallet breaking speed by 40% at its highest tier effectively reducing the pallet breaking time to approximately 2.1 seconds. Although it still lowers the pallet breaking time to 2.1 seconds, in one patch the base time Killers needed to eliminate dropped pallet was reduced to 2.6 seconds, which resulted in Brutal Strength turning from mandatory and must-have to just a very solid perk. It was no less than a genius developers’ decision to decrease the gap between players using a specific perk and them who don’t have it in their builds.

Because of the fact Unbreakable and Pop Goes the Weasel provide Survivors and Killers add extremely powerful opportunities, I think that they need the same treatment Brutal Strength once got. Survivors’ and Killers’ base kit should be buffed in the same way to reduce the gap.

SURVIVORS

• Survivors by default need 24 seconds instead of 32 seconds to fully recover from the Dying State (however, they still cannot pass through the 95% treshold. When they reach this gap, they need find other Survivors to be healed completely)
  • Once Survivors have recovered 95% of their Health State, they start crawling at considerably higher rate (the movement speed increases from 0.7 m/s to 1.13 m/s, becomes the same as the crouching speed)

Reduced time required to recover and increased crawl speed after recovering 95% of their Health State should not only close the gap between Unbreakable and non-Unbreakable users, but additionally motivate inexpirienced players to recover themselves so their allies could save them a lot more easily. Also, it is a nice improvement to the Tenacity perk increasing crawling speed.

Unbreakable should look like this:

• Start the trial with 1 token.
  • While in the Dying State, you may pass through the recovery treshold and fully heal yourself from the Dying State without others’ help. This action requires 1 token.
  • Until the token is consumed, your crawling speed does not increase after recovering 95% of your Health State.
  • Grants 600/800/1000 Bloodpoints to the Survival category for healing yourself from the Dying State.

KILLERS

• (BASEKIT) After hooking someone, Killers have 60 seconds to damage a Generator. If they do it in time, the Generator they damage instantly loses 10% of its entire repair progression.
  • The perk Pop Goes the Weasel should just increase the regression from 10% to 20/22/25%, the timer across all tiers remains 60 seconds.

What do you think about it?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

Can you explain Pop more? I'm a bit confused on the wording.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited August 2020

Maps need to be addressed before Pop is ever touched. Maps being addressed would also remedy a lot of what Unbreakable is used for, because a lot of killers tend to slug PURELY for pressure because gen pressure, with certain killers on certain maps is nearly impossible.

You can't rip off the bandaid before fixing the very thing the bandaid was designed to remedy.

Besides - Pop has a direct counter. It's called Repressed Alliance.

• Aztreonam78

Pop should not be nerfed! I didn’t suggest a nerf! It still the same: you have 60 seconds after hooking someone to kick a gen and make it lose 25% of the entire repair progress. The idea is to close the gap between pop and non-pop users!

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Oh - I misread. My bad. Either way, I don't really think it needs to be touched for now. When the time comes, if old maps are ever properly balanced (and believe it or not, BHVR, aside from Midwich, has been doing a decent job of that lately) in size/accessibility, I'd say nerf Pop, even if slightly.

• Sonyaire
    Sonyaire Member Posts: 8

OP wants to keep pop pretty similar, but change each perk tier of pop to affect the % regression instead of the time to damage gens. The main change is that OP want a mini pop built into every killer that only does 10% regression for kicking a gen after hooking. This change basically turns pop into an upgrade for that innate gen regression after hooking that every killer would have.

• Aztreonam78

I suggest that the Pop’s mechanis partly should be in the basekit.

If you do not have Pop, after hooking a Survivor you have time of 60 seconds to kick a generator. The generator after being damaged does not only start regress, but instantly loses 10% of its entire progression as well.

If you use Pop, the regression becomes more dramatic and increased from 10% in comparison with basekit to 20/22/25% depending on the level of the perk.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

Gotcha gotcha. Thanks!

Overall, I agree with these changes. I think they'd definitely be welcome.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited August 2020

I like it idea, it's just giving killers a QOL change when it comes to kicking gens.

I'm all for it. Survivors will think twice before gen tapping.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I don't agree. While maps definitely need attention. The tweaks the OP suggest are pretty minor, and should be easy to implement. At the same time, especially with the suggested Pop change it could free up space for killers. Making room for potentially more creative builds.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101

I love these changes for both sides, giving killers a reason to kick a gen and also prevents gen tapping. I'd also be less inclined to want to run pop when I can kick any gen after a hook for 10% which is nice.

As survivor it encourages a reason to recover since you are rewarded. I'd also love if you 95% recover you get a flat 100-250 BP bonus for recovering in Survival. It's difficult to get points in Survival besides actually escaping which in Solo Q or high rank can be difficult most games.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

Good idea

• SquillDBD
    SquillDBD Member Posts: 163

YES THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING FOR A WHILE

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Pop currently gives you 40/50/60 seconds to use it once you hook a survivor to kick a gen, once you kick a gen that gen loses 25% of the total regression no matter what level it's at. I.E. if it was at 25 or below it would instantly regress to zero % repair speed, if it was at 50 is would be 25%, 75 to 50% and so on. What he's suggesting the change should be is instead of always popping 25% across all levels it'll reduce by 20%/22%/25% depending on which level you're on but making it so you always have 60 seconds to use it.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

I for one think these changes are great, the only thing I don't like about it is the overall faster recovery speed. If killers need to slug but survivors have a built in unbreakable recovery speed, slugging for pressure becomes ALOT harder because you're shaving 8 seconds off of applying serious pressure. Depending on if the survivor is injured or not, that could be how long a chase occers.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2020

Id say just remove the timer for the basekit thing. That should just be the way kicking gens works, honestly.

Also how would you account for Tenacity and Flip Flop with these changes?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

10% base generator damage is far too strong. 2-5% is more reasonable. Otherwise fine by me.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,086

Pretty good ideas! i just think that kicking a Generator should regress it by 5% at base, no need for hooks and timers.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

lol no

• 47v3ctorlulz
    47v3ctorlulz Member Posts: 7

I won't give my input on your Unbreakable revision as I play survivor very little, but the Pop revision is very interesting. The mini-pop you suggest in the base-kit should probably be 5%, I think 10% is a bit much. Otherwise it's very intriguing and I like the concept.

• DBdude55
    DBdude55 Member Posts: 26

But then depending on the spot of the basement

Younjust have a useless perk unless you run things like agitation

But then you waste perk slots

Also unless you have a solution to zlugging that isnt unbreakable or no mither (kinda) than it shlouldnt be touched because it does what it was made to do