Here’s a list of the killers that take no skill

Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

The Deathslinger: while behind a running survivor, he can ADS almost immediately with little to no cooldown zoning the survivor and getting a guaranteed hit because this makes the survivor scared to get shot and is forced to sway the other direction losing distance. Even if the survivor is a good distance away while doing this, he can still get a shot.

The Spirit: as a former spirit main, I never realized how broken she was until playing many matches against her. The funny thing is the whole time I mained her I never used a headset because I never had one and so I relied on my tv speakers to find survivors. With a decent headset, she’s almost unstoppable. Footsteps are crisp and clear, survivors who are injured without Iron will and without Stridor are super easy to track so you’ll definitely down survivors fairly quickly after coming out from your phase. Against advanced spirits or just killers in general who hardly play spirit, you’ll need to come up with some sort of mind game to throw her off.

The Executioner (Pyramid Head): Anothr killer similar to deathslinger as to where PH can use his Rites of Judgement ability which has 0 cooldown to zone the survivors into thinking he will use his ranged ability (AKA punishment of the damned). Not to mention unlike the deathslinger who is 110% speed, PH is 115% speed. So canceling the ability doesn’t cost him anything. The only thing that can cost him time is constantly using punishment of the dammed and missing the attacks as it gives survivors a couple seconds to run to the next tile unless in a dead zone.

The Demogorgon: Yet another killer that uses the ability to zone and bait rather than actually using the ability.

Don’t get me wrong, I love playing the killers listed above because they are actually fun to play as more so than other killers (IMO). But do I think any these killers need a nerf? Absolutely not. In case you’re very new to DBD since the forums are always filled about how spirit should be nerfed, spirit got her rework already and her basekit and perks have been balanced. Old spirit was worse, Prayer Beads + Mother Daughter ring was and instant DC for most players, collision during phasing was an instant giveaway to get a hit or a down, her vaulting animation made her stay still but come out of the vault which made it hard to tell if she was vaulting or phasing. The point is I’ve realized how broken these killers can be when going against them and it can suck the fun out of a lot of matches. If you think they’re not broken and perfectly fine that’s you but I’m sure some people can agree.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Truth is, the killer that the person reading this plays doesn't require any skill at all, while my killer requires a galaxy brain.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

You explained that better than I could ever have hoped to.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Thank you! It's nice to see that people actually understand what I'm saying too.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

I agree with this overall but stabby Ghostface does require a fair bit of prediction and mindgaming.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Had a chuckle at you listing Demo. You can hear him miles away, giving the survivor time to just move to the nearest jungle gym. Real hard. . .

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Mate Pyramid Head and Demogorgon take skill

This little “cooldown” things people always mention about Pyramid’s judgement cancel makes me laugh every time, a FREE perk that david owns counters it, its called Dead Hard and you can dead hard through his ranged attack and his bait attack

And today is the first day ever where someone said Demogorgon takes no skill, his skill cap pretty much battles with Nurse just because his portals can make or break the game

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I never really played bubba before the change. I picked him up in 1 game. Am I the best bubba? No. Am I getting consistent 4k's? Yes. They increased his skill ceiling, sure, but his skill floor also dropped further tham Myers. He's really not so hard a killer.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

okay heres a revised list from someone with 6k hours this does not mean these killers take 0 skill but require basic killer knowledge in order to play

deathslinger

spirit

freddy

m1 killers, (like wraith and ghost face)

doc

leigon

myers

that is all killers in my eyes who does not require as much input as say hillbilly or huntress in order to use their kit effectively to pressure survivors

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183

Demo takes no skill? Rofl ok dude.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

It's always easy to 4k against potatoes regardless of the killer you play.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

I don’t know what’s more cursed, Demo with a gun or Demo with human hands.

• MadLordJack

I'm not talking about potatoes. Potatoes don't know how to play windows or rush generators because they know there's about to be no pallets on the map.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

demo? Really?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

So what killers DO require mechanical skills then (excluding Nurse)?

• PigMainClaudette

Hillbilly has input? ALL of your abilities come from one button!

And much like my comment at the top of this, mechanical and mental skills are different and required for every single killer in the game, with various amounts of each. And even then, different parts of that skillset. Trapper requires the mental skill of laying traps in strategic positions, but low mechanical skill as he is a basic killer. Hunttess has the mental side of situational awareness and tracking, with added mechanical sides of aiming hatchets.

Didn't take me 6000 hours to figure THAT out.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

yes they OP but not Demogorgon he to hard his power easy to dodge.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The people who say slinger takes no skill are the same type of people who think spirit is just a pair of headphones.

Play slinger, come back when you've 4ked against a good squad and tell me and all the other slinger mains he don't take skill.

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173

low quality bait

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited August 2020

I rarely face decent Deathslingers. 90% of them consistently miss their shots and have to spend the majority of the match being a basic M1 killer. If he was so easy to use, why do so many people struggle? And why don’t we see him more often? It’s rare for me to face him on console.

He’s one of my favourite killers to play as because I love FPS and I’m good with my aim. None of my wins are handed to me. I have to earn them.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

ya pretty much nailed it. One thing to also point out is that he is horribly inconsistent, a rotation of a simple tile can be the difference between a down and nothing. With slinger you have to live with these and it's what I assume is driving people from not playing him.

• TheLastGreatStar

The thing I struggle with the most is the dedicated servers. I have so many shots that land perfectly on a survivor but apparently I was shooting at Casper as it just goes right through them.

I just find it so satisfying seeing a gun as your weapon. It makes me feel like I’m playing a different game.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

this was my bad i probably shouldve rephrased this a little better. all killers require good input and quick decision making however when it comes to using your power these are the few that require a lot less input to get the same result, throughout these killers you can use skill but this skill used is transferrable between killers and not linked to their actual kit. aside from basic knowledge of when to use your power

• PigMainClaudette

That does clear it up a lot. Thanks.

Outside of turning (console player, don't bring up flicks.....) I don't see any mechanical part in Hillbilly that differs from normal. It is just one button and time based. Probably part of the reason I hate him so much.

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 66

Bubba is the worst! Every single Bubba is the same thing.

Chainsaw -> Camping -> Chainsaw 2 players at same time -> Slug

I can't play against him. That's why for me Bubba = DC. :(

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I think you guys hear "no skill" and instantly think "easy to win with/will always get 4k wins."

Deathslinger, at least on PC where you're not aiming with two ridiculous little sticks, is very easy to land shots with. Yes, many players will still be bad because DBD seems to attract a large crowd of players who only play one game for thousands of hours, but to anyone with even middling FPS experience, it's super easy to land hits, because all the things that make landing hits hard in other games (long ADS window, opponents moving/jumping/shooting back, avoiding fire, etc) are not there for Deathslinger. You just quick scope to "ADS" and fire instantly.

This is why people say you don't juke him, he misses. There's no time wasted in aiming or telegraphing his power. Pyramid Head sticks his big ass sword in the ground, which is loud and very visual, and then he has an animation to fling his sword up, and then the power is telegraphed visually on the ground before it actually does any damage, and then it does damage in chunks in a line, one chunk at a time, not all at once. The Huntress screams like her hatchet is a hundred thousand pounds and raises it over her head, where it takes time to charge up, and when it's charged up fully, everyone on the map can hear it. When the Deathslinger aims, he holds M2 for a split second then taps M1 and you're already hooked before you realized he fired.

That does NOT mean he's easy to 4k with, because while his power is really good for chases unless the map is utterly littered with great pallets for you to pre-drop, he just walks from one side of the map to the other, his pressure outside of chases is minimal, at least with how people currently play him. There's also some ways for the survivors to screw with his chain if they're nearby, so there's at least that.

I don't agree that he takes no skill, because I don't think any killer takes "no skill," but I think the skill requirement to land your shots with him is VERY low compared to other ranged attacks in the game, although you do waste a lot of time if you miss and have to reload.

• FluffySharkz_
    FluffySharkz_ Member Posts: 48

Why these killers DO take skill;

Deathslinger; you have to aim

Pyramid Head; you have to aim and be able to predict survivor's movements

Demogorgon; you have to aim and be able to predict survivor's movements

Spirit; you have to be able to predict survivor's movements (or run stridor but shhhh)

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 625

You put demo of all killers into your post, but didn't include Freddy?

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Bad bait

• TheLastGreatStar

This is a great way to put it. We knew we could count on you Dwight.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Cool. So that means you can get to rank 1 with demo and stay there right? 13th is tomorrow, youd have a whole month to do what you should be able to do in a few days since you should be winning almost all your games. Why not provd to us it really takes no skill.

Either that or admit your full of ######### and have no idea what youre talking about

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

Heres an actual list of killers who take no skill

:

Everything takes at least some skill to play you sour lemon just get better at the game

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Imagine thinking killer take no skill when the only thing survivor need to do is run around a pallet and drop it after 2 round and you go to another pallet and you repeat the process until the game is over

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

If these killer takes no skill then I really want you to know how skillfull survivor gameplay is.

Because a lot of survivors complains that their teammates sucks and you are not very skillfull if you rely on your team that much.🤷‍♀️

• MadLordJack

Mechanical skill at base? Deathslinger, Huntress, Billy, Pyramid Head, Oni, Plague, Demogorgon and Doctor. You need to practice their powers in order to get any real use out of them.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

Ah yes the demogorgan has no skill yet shred has mechanics in it which require skill

Last time I checked your considered a pretty good demo if you know how to use hill's and higher floors to your advantage.

And the results are beautiful

If you can even land it

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Demogorgon is rare, because he is pretty below average. DS is very slow, every missed shot really hurts you. Hey, when you shoot an allready injured survivor over a pallet, he can just break free and does not go down. Imagine you could catch huntress hatchets and not get hurt. What a bullcrap.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Everything takes skill. If it doesn't require any skill, the player is doing it automatically without even thinking about it, which, as we all know, is impossible. Such a job is possible only for programmed AI's.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Demo takes a lot of skill since he telegraphs everything he does since everything he does is so loud

• wannabeuk
    wannabeuk Member Posts: 135

If they take no skill how come I sometimes lose matches with them?