Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

EGC Gates Opening Question

Kilmeran
Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Okay, haven't played in a while and started again today thanks to cross-play and being able to finally play killer on PC again without waiting forever.

Anyway, the survivors were down to two gens left and I snowballed them as Ghostface. Hooked three, the entity took them, and then I closed the hatch. Was chasing the final survivor, lost them, and then found the exit gates opened and them escaping.

How did they open the exit gates during an EGC started by closing the hatch? What item am I forgetting?

Comments

• HolyLadyGaga
    HolyLadyGaga Member Posts: 51

When you close the hatch all the gens get instantly powered up, allowing the last survivor to open the exit gate.

• potatogamer
    potatogamer Member Posts: 27

Are you dumb or something, cause if you're saying what I think you are just what. You can always open an exit gate during any egc.

• Kilmeran

Was it always like that? Because this was the first time that ever happened to me. Guess I found the last guy soon enough in past games.

• HolyLadyGaga
    HolyLadyGaga Member Posts: 51

No it was added a while back when EGC was introduced. Most killers wait at hatch and when they see the survivor they close the hatch in front of their face to kill them. On the other hand, survivors sometimes wait at exit gates until the hatch gets closed so they can start powering up the exit gates. Hope that clarifies some things!

• Kilmeran

Gotcha, thanks. Never had them open a gate during EGC before, guess I was lucky in finding them before then. But I don't play DbD regularly either (therefore, obviously low ranks and why I never post about balance this or that at the forums), so probably just not often enough to have had it happen.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

He asked a question, not to be insulted.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It could have been a long time since they played. Ppl are always pricks on here. Sorry

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Is there really any need for people to be insulting this guy for asking a simple question?

It is entirely plausible that someone has come back to the game and might find some things have changed or discover something they didn't notice the first time round.

Geez, the desire to be d**ks to each other on this forum is astounding, people find the most absurd reasons to belittle someone, are egos that fragile that they need this constant upkeep of bringing someone down for no good reason?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, closing the hatch powers the exit gates because... Fairness, I guess. Otherwise why even not DC. You would have no hope of escaping otherwise.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Sorry for people being so rude on here, I'm glad your back!

• Kilmeran

@Ghouled_Mojo @SoylentPixie @SCP_FOR_DBD Eh, don't worry about it guys. I hang around these forums enough to know that we have entirely too many children here. I expected those responses when posted the question. It doesn't shock nor bother me. 🤣