Okay who else is in opposite land - again. Queue times are longer for me now with crossplay *sigh*

MaybeShesCrazy
MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I don't want to be a unicorn anymore! :-(

sobs

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

as killer or survivor?

If it's survivor, I've heard some people saying queues went up, but I've only heard it go up from instant to 1-2 minutes.

• MaybeShesCrazy

Survivor.

15 minutes and counting.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

My queue times are the same for both sides (a few minutes for Survivors, a few seconds for Killer).

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I'm on xbox and its bad... cross-play is on too. Cross-play has no upside for console players so far (except those playing with friends on different platforms)...

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

PS4 survivor solo was bad 10-15 mins so i opted out and my lobby times went down 5-10 mins.

• MaybeShesCrazy

Between the wait times and piss poor MMR - it's beyond ridiculous imho.

I'm glad I'm not a unicorn again and it's not just me.

I saw all the "This is great posts" and I'm like no way - I can't be alone again in opposite land.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I've noticed que times are always a lot longer on rank reset. I usually just do something else for a few days.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

have you tested disabling cross play to see if it helps or hurts more?

• MaybeShesCrazy

That's a good point.

I did earlier. Disabling gave me 5 minutes. That lasted 2 games. Then longer.

So I decided tonight crossplay and tomorrow not - though its a weekend and the best test will probably be doing it during a weekday when less are normally on.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I turned off crossplay on ps4 and wait times have been shorter than they were with crossplay enabled. Guessing probably a decent amount of players turned crossplay off.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I was in a 3 man swf and we got games within 3-4 mins. Played like six games until a 4th friend got on. By then it took us +5 mins to find a match. After like four matches the que times broke on us. We were searching for like 20 mins and we just called it a night.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I had much longer queues on PC as a solo survivor.

Near instant as killer, though.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

PS4 in Europe. Queue times for killer was a few minutes and slightly longer than before but I've noticed survivor queue times drastically have improved. I'd get into lobby's withing 30 seconds.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

It's time to be killer mains. There's way too many survivors playing right now.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Who wants the hassle anymore? Swf, broken sounds, fast gens, small PP build on every other survivor, etc etc.... until swf is addressed why not afk on a gen lol.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Because unless you're swfing or streaming, solo survivor is boring as hell. Having to juggle multiple tasks with different powers is much more fun and challenging despite all the bs.

• janeromeroismyqueen
    janeromeroismyqueen Member Posts: 10

It's terrible. I play solo survivor on PC and my queue times were pretty much instant before crossplay and now I'm lucky if I can even find a lobby in 10-15 minutes.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

There are a ton more survivors than killers. It's even worse with crossplay due to those majority of survivors and few killers joining the normal amount of both on Steam. Now its a mass amount of survivors and a small amount of killers. Contribute and play killer.

• White_Jesus
    White_Jesus Member Posts: 65

My survivor queues are about 15 mins and killer about 10 seconds. Also, there are actually new survivors (not just smurfs) coming over from console, so now is a great time to learn killer!

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

I turned xplay off and noticed all the killers have been dodging my lobbies. What is going on anymore.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

There’s no MMR now. They’ve disabled it a few days ago to work on it some more.

————

For me killer queue times are faster. Survivor queue times are sometimes the same and other times a bit faster.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2020

Killer queues were always instant for me on PS4 so that remained the same. However, queue times for survivor are worse for me. :/

Also, the matches I've played seems like MMR has been turned on since its a mix of ranks. Haven't gotten a single lobby yet within my rank (Rank 5 atm).

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

I'm tempted to turn off crossplay because of these long que times.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited August 2020

Test it out. Seriously.

At least they put a method in to opt out. Someone over their was actually thinking. That's good.

Don't go back and forth though. Play a day, or a week, on one and then switch to the other mode and see which one, if either, are producing better results for you.

• mydogmax19

I'm talking bout que times. I have no problem with crossplay it being an excellent feature in the game. However, currently I'm just gonna wait it out if needed because I dont want to not play on crossplay haha.

• MaybeShesCrazy

Yes, and that's what I was commenting on. The wait times. Try both methods and see if one results in a quicker time frame than the other.

• devo
    devo Member Posts: 2

Yep.

Longer queues as PC Killer.

Almost insta-Q as survivor though.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Im pretty sure sony, microsoft etc insist on the ability to disable it

• mydogmax19

They were both the same, so yeah not much difference.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154
    edited August 2020

Is always love this kind of arguments about queue times /s

Why does nobody state there platform, region and daytime, because they all have to be taken into consideration?

I read in this thread again both sides "Survivor instant, killer long" and a few posts later "For me it is killer seconds and survivor minutes", why don't you share the aforementioned information because without them these statements are completely uninformative.

Without taking any of this into consideration I would say the problem looks a little bit like this:

Pre crossplay: 4vs1 ratio as ideal

Pc:

-more than 20% killer -> longer queue for killer, instant for surv ( this is only true in the afternoon, at night killer goes down to less than a minute from my experience, btw EU here)

Console:

-less than 20% killer -> themention 15 min queue for surv, killer instant

Now:

Pc:

-probably noone opting out

-slight increase in survivor but still not enough to put killer really below 20% (maybe close to no new killers from console)

-> shorter down to instant for killer, no change or slightly longer for surv

Console:

-player base splitter by opting in/out of crossplay

-opt in: huge increase of survivors -> longer queue

-opt out: less surv but also less killer (people not playing killer while crossplay is on, playing friends while opt on) -> same or longer queue times

And this is again without taking time of playing or region into any account.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

i turned crossplay off and stopped searching for a match about 20 minutes. Is civilizations any good?

• MaybeShesCrazy

I'm going to do that tomorrow and see. One full day on each.

A I do do it earlier and it was weird. Disabling it worked for about 2 games then back to long but 5 minutes not 15.

So I figure one full night on and one full off and see.

This is a very interesting observation. I'll see if that's the same for me XO ty

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

Since crossplay started my survivor queue times went from almost always being instant max of maybe 2 min at certain times to 6-10 min. The last game took 10 min and then when it loaded killer had DCed. Game seems unplayable to me. I did play 1 match as killer and it was instant queue so seems like crossplay brought a bunch of survivors without many killers to the PC people? Previously killer queues on PC were usually a few minutes at least for me. If I enjoyed playing killer more game would be great =/.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Survivor is still slow at night but instant in day. Killer is always 3-5 mins.

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

I did like 5 killer matches in a row past 10 pst that were all instant queues. Survivor has been 10 min each time and the 2 matches I actually decided to wait for both ended with the killer DCin either right at start or 3 min into match. Prior to this my 10 pm weekend queue times were maybe 1-2 min on a bad night. The survivor queues for PC right now are the longest I've ever experienced in playing this game on and off for over 2 years. It is basically unplayable for someone who has been used to instant to maybe 3 min queue times at the most for 2 straight years.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

But ranks are not supposed to impact matchmaking anymore... and the devs have said as much.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited August 2020
    Post edited by MaybeShesCrazy on
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

That's odd, things have been great speed wise for matchmaking. Almost instant survivor games, at most wait 1 minute for killer.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

survivor im getting 5 minute queues. But my killer games went from 15 minute queues to 30 seconds.

Crossplay is great so far!

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Man that frame rate ######### is real. Survivors blink in and out and the resolution just sucks most the time. When one or two slip ups can and will cost you the game, PC survivors definitely will have an advantage over everyone simply because the choppiness will cost you hits.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I don't, and they haven't acted like they have in at least 2 weeks. I went against a game of white ranks as a red rank killer yesterday. Ranks do nothing for matchmaking. It is the one truthful thing they have said in the last couple updates.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

For me, It's slowly becoming 10 minute queue times again for survivor. Used to be fast.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

On console they used to be minimum of 5 minutes up to probably 10 minutes. Now they're down to maybe 3 or 4 each. It probably all balanced out. PC was instant and now it takes a bit longer but trust me it could be worse.

On console about 1.5 years ago it would take maybe 30 to 45 minutes and your killer would dodge and make you do it all again.