The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trapper May need a little love.

I’ve always like the idea of the trapper having notnjudt bear traps, but cooled back tree branches that release and smack sprinting survivors as they run by, rigging windows to be sticky and much slower to vault, and other environmental traps like that. 

It would be cool if he had preset traps around the map that he could just re-arm. It says he’s an easy killer to use, but it means easy in terms of simplicity, not actual difficulty facing survivors. 

Trapper would be the perfect wntry level killer if he had cross map traps that would help out while the player learns patrol routes, and what to look for. 

With beartraps being the only traps to actually injure survivors, I think this rework would really enforce idea of sticking together as survivors. Sounds more fun to play against, and more fun to play. 

Of course this is just a thought so feel free to add on or change anything that you feel would be a better idea. Also keep in mind that we don’t know how powerful something on paper really would be, until we try it in PTB. 

So calm down survivor mains. We still love you. 

Comments

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

Nice idea :)
    My main concern with the trapper is that bear traps are too narrow... even in really narrow passages, survivors are able to go through without taking the hit :(

• Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43

I would love it if his iridescent stone add on would be base kit. It's an ultra rare, sure, but i don't think random traps around the map would bother the survivors too much. It takes too much time get to traps and reset them. Time he does not have.
    Alternatively, many people suggested, he should just get traps from lockers. When 1-2 gens are left, you just cannot afford to wander to other places on the map.