Do any of you still listen to hook gymnastics?

The whole "raising arms to single a camping killer" and "hanging freely to single it's safe," Any still do this?

Comments

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

that would be nice if people use it like that. But lots of players seem to raise arms to signal its safe. And camped players hang there like on vacation.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    That's what some do. It's backwards though.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Yeah, but there's no way to signal while in struggle. You could equip Kindred III, but that won't stop the killer from standing just outside that range and camp.

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

I'm using it but it seems there are too many that don't understand it or think the opposite way as many times there are 3 people coming to rescue me when I'm doing my gym workout.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I still do it! 🙋🏻‍♂️
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited October 2018

I wiggle to signal camping, stay still to signal it's safe, and I have a third one where I do the animation either really sparsely or draw it out to near-completion to try and emphasize it's time for me to be rescued.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If they're nearby, I'll take a look and see if they are actually signalling the camp or if they're just impatient. Go back to what I was doing when I hear the heartbeat or see the Killer. Too many people jerk and twist on the hook because they want saved immediately instead of just chilling for a bit and being patient.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    I still do it! 🙋🏻‍♂️

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Low ranks = save me

Higher ranks (normally) = camping
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    It's usually not that hard though to decide whether killer is nearby or not if you approach with caution (Urban Evasion, the best perk ever!)
    There is a danger though, many players only start signaling when their saviour is close by. Thus notifying the killer too. It's like wiggling: you gotta start it as soon as you can - you can never predict your fellow survivors' movements with certainty.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Usually I can just see the Killer, so hook gymnastics don't really matter. When I can't, though, I do listen to them.