Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are killers trying to win considered as "sweaty" ?

Erk
Erk Member Posts: 230

The same question goes for survivors aswell. I try to win but I don't tunnel, camp or any of that stuff and at worse I pull out a 2K ! Am I really sweaty ?

I don't understand the mentality of "PC killers are sweaty". I think its because playing killer on console sucks so they get beaten easily ? Am I right about this ? We are just trying to win here, we are not ruining your fun, we are just playing the game. What do you want a killer to do, just give you BPs and let all of you go ? If I do that will I be not-sweaty ?

Oh, and as a side note : I won't know this but you will, if you try to piss off the killer, try to bully him or ruin his fun, he can do anything he wants do with you. If you bring OoO against a Trapper you deserve everything that comes your way.

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

It´s a way of trying to shame the opponent for trying to win in a pvp game. It´s funny because it´s so childish. Reasonable people don´t do that though so you get a pretty good idea about the people that call their enemy sweaty in DBD.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Sweaty to me is when a killer chases me for 2+ gens. Literally. But thats mostly out of frustration of "bruv...go kick a gen leave me aloooooone"

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Playing a particular console isn't sweaty, from my experience sensitive players consider any player that actually tries to win "sweaty". Simple enough.

• Waffleyumboy

Ikr people always attack each other in this community like come on let's just laugh it out and have a good time playing games.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

To those types of players, if you win then you're sweaty and if you lose you are a n00b. There is no inbetween apparently!

As in any game, we play to win, even if our aims might be different! I fought a 4-man Red Rank SWF a couple of days back who did no gens, and instead were playing some other type of game. They did chases; they would sometimes rat each other out; they'd do sometimes quite funny things! But clearly, their aim was not to open the exit gates - they just were having fun! I sacrificed 3 and gave the 4th the hatch as I figured they were competing against themselves for a winner, but I still have no idea what their aim was. Maybe they just wanted to see who'd survive longest? Still, they had their own aim.

Basically, you don't play to lose. Some people may set themselves challenges. I randomize all my perks and offerings, and each round I have my own aims, or aim for a minimum black pip or challenge. However, I still play to sacrifice them all as well. It's part of the game! So when people call others sweaty, it feels to me more like they're refusing to look at their own gameplay; instead just coming up with an excuse to save grace. I've been called trash after a 4k - it's just a bruised ego.

• Waffleyumboy

The game is about nothing according to the devs, their input on the topics of competitive play versus casual play has made me realize that trying to please everybody ends up helping no one.

• Waffleyumboy

Nice job bringing "killers vs survivors" into this. You can play blindfold and killers will still call you toxic.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
  • Waffleyumboy

I was also joking. See my use of the words "Nice" and "toxic"? Sorry if you were confused :)

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

trying to win is fine, it's when you get console plebs with the best iri add ons, plus noed plus a mori, that's true sweat

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Honestly, when people talk about "sweaty" survivors, they usually mean "lazy" survivors. You know, the ones that use full second builds and do dumb shite that shouldn't even be possible, like locker DS and instadropping pallets. They aren't sweaty. They are calm, collected, brain-dead and still winning by virtue of that just being how DBD plays out. It is rare that people actually mean Deathsquads, SWF or otherwise.

On the killer side, sometimes people do talk about Sniper Spirit or Forever Freddy (still a thing) as "sweaty" when they really mean "lazy", but it just isn't used as much. The only other "sweaty" killer thing I think of getting thrown around a bunch are mori's, but... Once again, no-one burns a Mori to get sweaty.

• Waffleyumboy

Sweaty usually means the opposite of lazy though? You have no logical basis sadly.

• MadLordJack
    edited August 2020

Thats kind of my point. People have confused what "sweaty" means. I never seem to see it used correctly, at least not in these forums. Exceptions do exist, if course, but they are exactly that.

Edit: hang on, I just reread exactly what I wrote and it was pretty clear. What exactly are you confused about?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I literally had a rank 1 survivor in an swf using rank 3 meta perks complain I was “try hard” while I was a mid level Ghost Face with a meme build because I killed one of his friends with a mori. 😄 Sore losers will point at anything other than themselves for their loss.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Are survivors trying to win and doing the generators considered "sweaty"?

Right back at ya, bucko.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

From my experience people just call everything somewhat, when it does not fit into their actual expectations, and choose whatever fits most. Tunneling more or less wasn't always a thing, it was kinda invented after camping was officially considered not bannable and legit. Soon after, when no tunneling, camping or whatever applied, it was tryhard or sweaty.

You could do a 12 hook game with hook no. 9-12 being the killing hooks and get called tryhard. In my opinion tryhard is not even an insult. From the wording, I would rather say tryhard is when you try your best but still fail. In this game only applicable to slugging for 4k but then still failing with a 1 or 2 escape instead. But most people just use tryhard if they can't find any other excuse or insult that works.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I'm yet to meet a single console survivor that can run tiles optimally. All they do is fall over before the chase even begins.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

It's ok to have a winning mentality all the time. Nevertheless should it be seen as sweaty. Your ok dont think too much of what others think of you.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited August 2020

I always thought that the term sweaty tryhard was meant for someone who was being competitive when the rest of their team was trying to have fun. So like, you're part of an SWF and 3/4 of you are trying to mess around with the killer, but your fourth teammate starts criticizing everyone else for not doing objectives. The guy criticizing everyone else is the sweaty tryhard. As the killer, I don't see how it applies, because being a sweaty tryhard (in the eyes of the survivors) is the only way to really win as a killer.

Edit: Also, I haven't had any problems 4king as a console killer with crossplay. If I didn't have the sensitivity BHVR recently added, I would have been in trouble. But PC survivors behave just like console survivors. Granted, they do spin A LOT more quickly. When I go up against a bunch of other platforms, I'm extra careful with aiming my hits.

• Erk

No, that's not sweaty. There is a clear difference between being sweaty and trying to win.

• Erk

Well, I think being sweaty is just ruining other peoples fun just to win

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited August 2020

Hmm. I don't know how to make sense of that when taking opponents into consideration. I mean, we're on opposite teams, so how can the killer play in a way that's fun, but is also fun for survivors? I hit the same marks you do; no tunneling (I even avoid players that have been recently unhooked), don't use NOED, I don't camp. But then again, I haven't had anyone call me sweaty in a long time.

Although, if this is the case... could we call survivors that use second chance perks like DS and BT sweaty tryhards? :)

Edit: After reading other comments, I don't know if I understand what sweaty really is, or even what a tryhard is. I'm starting to think it's got some origin in subculture somewhere... lol

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I don't understand why people made "sweaty" into an insult lmao.

"Oh no, what an ass he tries to win in a game where your goal is to win"

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

4 survivors bodyblocking in the end-game to make everyone escape = WOW ! Epic teamwork !

Trying to 4K = Sweaty/tryhard/toxic !

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Ignore them, laugh at them, or tell them you love the salty taste of their tears. They are bad sports. We should be gracious in victory and polite in defeat.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

If they slug at 4-5 gens, yes.

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

I think you and the rest of us already know the answer.

Also are you talking about that one forum post yesterday? It was about this one dude saying pc players are sweaty because they play nurse,spirit,etc.

Just in case if you somehow don't know the answer ofc it isn't sweaty.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

This game isn't a competitive game. The fact that there's mori and keys and bs one shot addons is just the proof that it isn't.

So if you use all the broken killer arsenal then you slug for the 4k. Yeah you are one good sweaty boy that probably take the game too seriously.

• Allivath_Chaos
    Allivath_Chaos Member Posts: 41

To me, I think it depends on the way they play. Tunnelling (actually tunnelling, like ignoring others at the hook to specifically chase down the unhooked person not just happening to find the last person who was unhooked next after searching around,) face camping, slugging to prevent hatch because you just can't risk not getting that 4k. Those are sweaty behaviors. Getting a 4k doesn't automatically make you sweaty, it's all in how you play.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

Lol come on, you know what it means to be sweaty in a game.

No one in the history of ever has said "Oh if you try to win as killer/survivor, you're sweaty". No one says that.

It's HOW you go about trying to win and many other variables in the match.

Scenario A: The match starts and a survivor DCs immediately before any gens even get started so it's 3 v 1. The killer decided to slug and camp people. Already, that's sweaty because the survivors are already in a no win situation. Sweaty af

Scenario B: All 4 survivors coordinate before the match to bring the Purple offering to increase the distance between hooks and then also bring in 4 tooboxes with Brand New Parts OR add ons to help with sabo. Sweaty

It has nothing to do with trying to win as much as it is trying unnecessarily hard or giving yourself way too many advantages than you need

• KissingxToast
    KissingxToast Member Posts: 30

I am going to be honest, at first I felt like "c'mon dude give me a break" then eventually I came to realize that hey, the killers only job is to stop you from repairing gens and KILLING you. Killer. Just as the survivors job is to repair gens and cleanse totems. It is each sides objectives. We shouldn't be mad at either side for PLAYING the game. While I admit it can be frustrating at times because you feel you tried so hard, in the end, it's simply playing the game.

I was told by a few red ranks not even to be concerned with escaping, but instead just do every objective I possibly could. Repairs, Cleansing, Unhooking, Healing and see escaping as a bonus. Idk how much truth there is to this, but I have been trying to keep this in mind as I put more hours into the game.

I hate to say this, but being sweaty or a tryhard doesn't have to be derogatory. Some people have fun going hard in the paint and some people just play and laugh about making mistakes. I can't say either way is right or wrong.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

What about all the killers that complain about genrushing?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I think sweaty is just a new form of saying tryhard and stems from frustration of the losing side in PvP games.

They say it mostly to shame the other party in the spirit of "Why must you try your hardest (try so hard that you sweat) while I just want to have fun/am not even trying".

It is just meant to make the loss less hard/the win less worthy, because the losing side never even tried/did their best.

• janeromeroismyqueen
    janeromeroismyqueen Member Posts: 10

I do think that there are certain playstyles that I would consider sweaty. Like for example if a red rank nurse brings knock out and slugs everyone at 5 gens, it's no fun and it's sweaty/toxic imo. Tunneling off hook at 5 gens, I would consider sweaty. Proxy-camping at 5 gens, I would consider sweaty.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

No, not necessarily. I don't believe playing perks in itself is sweaty.

Now, if you are playing Iri head Huntress with Military belt, Chili, RM, Blood Warden and NOED with an Ebony Mori and you are tunneling people off the hook....you might be over doing it some. First of all, RM, BW and NOED will never come into play if you are half-way competent with those axes. My favorite is when you get 2 hook suicides in this scenario and the Huntress is still hardcore tunneling off the hook. Wow. That, I would call sweaty.

I don't think it is the build that makes you sweaty, it is the heavy build plus the way you play it. If I am running a Forever Freddy build and I see a DC and a hook suicide, I'm not going balls to the wall for the last two. I'm going to toy around a bit, try to let them have a little fun, then finish it off. I won't let it stretch out too long, but there is no need in being hardcore. I might as well reward the two who did not DC/quit. A way of saying "thanks for playing".

But...I'm not someone who is hardcore on winning every match. I play for enjoyment, laughs, and addiction to blood points.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's just the other side being salty from losing. That's it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

really depends on HOW you do it.

in general i dont mind you playing to win, we all do.

but i do mind when you do it in the most unfun way possible, such as bringing a mori, hardtunneling, slugging, etc.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

Sweaty is when the killer tries to slug at 4/5 gens, or runs obnoxious builds such as Bamboozle/EndFury.

Or ridiculous addons on an already very strong killer.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

I guess trying to win is considered sweating. Reality is, you have to camp and tunnel the top tier teams to some degree. You will not win unless you do that. This game is not tuned around 12 hooks against elite survivors. That being said, there's a time and place for being sweaty. I usually won't do that stuff unless I feel like the opponent skill level warrants it.

As for people complaining about being slugged at 4-5 gens, I'd suggest not getting 4 man slugged that early. That's really on the survivors just as much as it is the killer. Like...the second you hear a chainsaw or see an Oni, you should be at 4 separate corners of the map. That's basic game awareness.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

If the game were balanced around SWFs I would agree with you. But it isn't; not even close.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

dude, literally everything a killer does has a buzzword behind it. Who cares? just play the game

• Waffleyumboy
  • MadLordJack

Because almost every time I see someone get called "sweaty" they were doing one of the aforementioned things.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

thats my average experience against nurses, i have never seen a nurse (good one at least) who is not that sweaty as if they were about to win an award for actually winning the match.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I mean there's plenty of scrubs in this game that will call you sweaty for equipping good perks no matter if you play killer or survivor so... to some people, yes?