Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stuck in hill bug; anything you can actually do about it?

tippy2k2
tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

So it finally happened. My Dwight is stuck in this damn hill. I obviously expect this game to be dead in the water at this point but is there anything one can actually do to get unstuck? Like...can the killer pick me up? Or if you get stuck in the hill, at that point just DC because all you're going to do is kill your time because you can't do anything to get out?

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

Survivor, no.

Killer, yes.

I've seen it happen twice where my friend got stuck in the hill and could not get out until the killer came over and downed her, but then the killer got stuck and my friend got out.

The killer was able to escape the hill on their own like 30 seconds later.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

If the killer gets stuck, i think they can only DC (though I've seen killers walk freely over the spot)

But yeah, as surv I think the only thing you can do is hope to get picked up. And, tbh: We should all be in agreement that not letting a survivor wiggle free after this is bug abuse.

(Note: Deathslinger's speargun can NOT drag you out. he has to knock you down and pick you up)

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

Dunno about the hill currently (havent really played a lot recently and did not experience this bug yet), but previously I got out of these spots by dropping & picking up an item multiple times. Ofc it works only if you have an item, but thats how I got out being stuck in other survivors in the past (if there wasnt enough space and picked him/her up from the ground).

• tippy2k2

That's a neat trick I might have to try next time

I ended up getting out because the killer downed me and let me wiggle free. They also ultimately just let me go at the end as they didn't find me until about 3/4 through the match so if you're out there reading this Huntress Killer (my user name here is damn similar to my Xbox Tag), I appreciate that.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

As killer i got out when hitting the hill/stone burning only got stuck once.

as survivor I was stuck several times, one time got out while changing rapidly between crouching/walking/sprinting and changing directions. Didn’t work always though.

• tippy2k2

Yeah, I tried bouncing up and down like I was a kid who had sugar for breakfast and just downed a 12 pack of Mountain Dew but I never was able to wiggle myself out of the mess I was in. I was able to shift slightly sideways so I moved about two steps before getting stuck again so...progress? :D

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

there is a fix for survior

Hold the running button, while doing that, pause menu, and you're out

• Itachi
    Itachi Member Posts: 55

I have actually seen one streamer manage to push their friend out twice but it's extremely risky and most of the time you also get stuck.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2020

I've gotten stuck on hills twice since this started. The first time a killer came by, downed me, picked me up, and let me wiggle free. He chased me after that, but at least gave me the opportunity to run. Fair enough.

The second time the killer walked me straight to a hook and hooked me. That was the first time in a long time I've DC'd for something other than severe lag.

The bug needs to be fixed desperately. I've seen several times recently where a survivor that hasn't been hit or hung DC's. Sure enough I end up running by a survivor laying next to a hill. I honestly don't blame them because most killers I've seen take advantage of it.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Guys... this has inadvertently revealed the next killer... it is "THE HILL" !!!!!! watch out it'll stick to you like flypaper!!!!

• tippy2k2
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,757

hey @Ivaldi had a counter for it; check through their most recent posts for it.

• isilmerel
    isilmerel Member Posts: 136

You can wiggle out, but it's not perfect. @Ivaldi posted a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LGgu5dDMhA

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i haven't got stuck yet i hope i don't(now i say this next game i'm going to get stuck just watch)

• tippy2k2

If i get stuck again, that video at least has a specific thing you can try to do rather than hope for luck.

Although it does sound like you still need a bunch of luck to get his trick to work but walking towards the hill ramp and wiggling at least gives you specific something to do rather than just wiggling around and praying

• Zoophage
    Zoophage Member Posts: 122

Omg this bug is ######### annoying as Hell. I've had this happen in multiple games over the past week. As a Survivor you CAN get out (without using items) in three ways, that I know of from experience; there may be other methods.

1. Face the slope of the hill and RUN forward while mashing left and right. You'll get out eventually, just keep at it. Note that this doe NOT work if you're stuck under the hill.

2. A teammate can bump you from behind (again, face the slope of the hill) and it's 50/50 whether you'll both be stuck or your teammate will take your place.

3. The Killer can come down you and pick you up (you can't move while downed either), thus freeing you from the hill.

If anyone knows any other methods, please share.

As Killer, I've been unable to to free myself. Survivors usually just dance around you and try to get free blinds before leaving and getting a free escape.

Can we get a acknowledgement from @BHVR about this? This seems to happen WAY too often for them to ignore... hopefully.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

I got stuck once as survivor and was able to get out by running uo towards the wall and slightly to the left.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Sprint Burst helped me get out of it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

1 player stuck = Silent Hill

Multiple players Stuck = The Hills Have Eyes

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

BHVR fixing a bug that benefits k...NVM...

Yeah welcome to 2.0 of this bug. Before you got stuck on top of the hill when you crouched.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

I've gotten stuck more times than I'd like to admit but today is the one that really got to me. I'm finally doing the adept achievements for the characters and got stuck on a hillside as I was running for the exit gate. Now this was with a character I really don't like playing and it had taken me way too many games to finally get one where I could have escaped. But noooo: stuck on a hill and while everyone else ran out the door I was left behind and of course the killer showed no mercy and hooked me.

I needed a couple minutes to breathe after that one.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
  • Moofy
    Moofy Member Posts: 31

I was playing Ghost Face and downed a survivor that was stuck on the right side of a hill. They managed to get up to get away. I got stuck in the same spot. Couldn't move period. This was on Macmillan.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

If you have Dead Hard as a survivor you can dash out of it. If you’re healthy though you basically have to wait for the killer to injure you first unfortunately.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Yeah, been happening every day in my matches and I always helped and then let them go. Except the last time I tried it, I then got stuck. Took me forever to get out. Meanwhile, gens are popping since I'm basically out of commission.

BHVR said they had a fix for it coming in the next patch, which is still a couple weeks away. If they have the fix done now, send the damned thing out already, because after getting stuck like that as Killer trying to help, I'm unfortunately not doing that again.