Ptb and cross plateform

Options
yukairi
yukairi Member Posts: 241

What did you plan for the PTBs? Because it is unfair that pc gamers can know the next killer or survivor to come before the console.it's very frustrating and unfair, console players should have a ptb too thanks dev.

PS:No offensive message please, I just find the PTB unfair with the crossplaye

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I understand your concern but the reason PTB exists is to fix bugs continuously as they are identified to get a smooth experience. Which means there'll be tons of patches almost every day or two.

Issue with adding PTB to consoles is how long it takes for sony and microsoft to accept it. They take a lot of time which in turn slows down the testing and bug fixing process.

Besides PC players only get to play early. You can watch streams if that helps you 😋

• yukairi
    yukairi Member Posts: 241
    Options

I don't want to watch streams, I also want to play PTB on console, devs you can say 1 month in advance to Sonny and Microsoft for the PTB, PCs have an advantage over consoles, so make sure that we can just disable cross play with PCs thank you

• Milanceee
    Milanceee Member Posts: 161
    Options

Idk what advantage pc players have???Its not my problem almost every console player tries to 360 me after it failed 1000 times.They depend on 360 the killer and its dumb.All platforms have same powers,items,addons,perks,maps,windows and pallets.Plus not all pc players download ptb becouse its just a waste of time.You can also disable crossplay if you want.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,416
    Options

PTB is usually not enough to get a grasp on the abilities of the Killer and to have a reliable opinion how they perform. Thats why we have those "The new Killer is OP" and "The new Killer is too weak" Threads all until they are on live for a few weeks.

So a PTB does not really give much of an advantage. PTBs dont provide enough in-depth information anyway, since you cannot really test on the PTB, except for the most broken stuff (like PTB-Ghostface, which was way too easy to reveal).

• Milanceee
    Milanceee Member Posts: 161
    Options

I use ptb to watch streamers and just get a basic idea of how new killer works and their new perks.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

you know all the processes the devs go through and how long it takes? lol you are funny. I'm sorry the devs said that it's not worth it as they have to put up verified playable updates for microsoft or sony, PTB can not be guaranteed to be playable thus it's not worth it.

• 1saltypug
    1saltypug Member Posts: 117
    Options

um you can disable crossplay if you only want to play with console players on your own platform. It's in the settings

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

It's just not practical enough for them to do it. Crossplay changes literally nothing about that so I don't get why that's a reason to bring it back up. It's a different version from the live one, including separate matchmaking/servers.

I'd rather them shove one out on pc since it's quick and they have more time for bug testing.