Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's up with all these genrushers?

2»

Comments

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

So it’s a product of the devs vision. The underlying problem since ruin was nerfed is gen speed. The devs in their infinite wisdom decided to leave gens alone and instead shrink most maps. That has caused a time crunch to both survivors and killers. Survivors have less room to maneuver so they have to crush gens else the killer will smother. On the other side, killers can’t do anything really but try and slug, tunnel, etc to make up for the time crunch.

this time dilemma Has pitted survivors verse the killer when it’s the devs that have created the problem by shrinking the average game length.

IMO the maps have been made too small and at the same time gens are way too fast.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

It does but most people don't know what it is

When you leave people on the hook to die when the killer is not camping the hook is a correct example of gen rushing. :)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

The survivors objective is to do gens. If a killer is chasing someone, are the other survivors supposed to be doing what? Dance? If gens are going fast, it's because they are doing what they should.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

It wouldn’t be set spawns it would still be random but they don’t have 4 separate spawns meaning not only does the killer have to patrol to find a gen so do survivors even more so if they want to spread gens

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2020

I kept on facing so many hookrushers that I got fed up and started genrushing.

I tried to start a dance off, tried doing some group calisthenics and guided meditation, one time I even attempted to carry conversation in morse code with crouches, but every killer just want to ... kill me.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Then how would you describe a team with BNP's, toolboxes, Resiliance, Prove Thyself? Gen efficiencers?

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Pregame will reduce it probably. The problem now is obviously the start of the match. Playing survivor you start near a gen, and and ottimal play is to work on gen with the other surv while one is chased, treno instapop a cuple of gens. Killer has to snowball and apply pressure, but sometimes (it also depend on the mobility/anti loop of the killer and the strength of all players in game in general) is difficult. Expecially on big maps, even with corrupt. Hope that can balance a little bit, even if solo surv match against very strong killers now terrible can became more impossible. (I play both role, preferisco killer)

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

OP complains about people doing their objective.

OP also says it’s only console players that do it.

I laugh.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I mean, it's just the most overpowered thing you can do as survivor, hop from gen to gen like you just don't care. What do you expect them to do? Waste time developing strategies to how to deal with the killer and how to escape?

This is Dead by Daylight darling, you don't need to have a brain to win as a survivor.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

We're just sick of facecamping Michaels and want to get out of there as fast as possible.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
  • Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

So what happens if you slow down gens? Via 2nd objective or “early game slowdown”?

Yes, it might make killers like Wraith & Ghostface more playable but what about killers that can pretty much guarantee a 4K in the right hands? Spirit, Billy, Nurse, Oni?

On top of that you have horrid MM where I get paired up with survivors who barely have 100h in this game...

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213

It actually exists, but it is /very/ rare event. What i mean is that people actually let others die just to complete the gen. Thats genrushing

Source:

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I have been noticing PS4 Survivors being more aggressive on gens recently. The few times I played with crossplay on as Killer, the XB1/PC/Switch Survivors were nowhere near as aggressive as some of these PS4 Survivors.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

Fact is the problem is not you. I mean it will be fair from you to not use cheap mechanics till 2 gens are left.

The problem comes from 95% of the high rank killers that camp/tunnel early game, when 0 gen has been done.

So survivors adapted their gameplay and now they gen rush, heavily... sad as use of cheap mechanics bring more use of cheap mechanics... never ending story, if developpers don't do anything, the game will be really toxic and not fun to play.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

I don't know for how long you have been playing the game but gen rushing is a thing.

Today, High ranks only do gens, sure it's their objective but they don't waste time to do other things (healing, totems, chests). They jsut do gens no matter what.

And why ? Because killers cried so much for 3 years that now they have got so much buff and survivors have went through so many nerf that it's impossible to do side "quests" anymore if you want to go out.

2 years ago, we had time to do everything on the map.

All this is the consequence of developpers listening too much dumb players and being incompetent to balance their game.

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166

If they are on a 4 SWF playing as effective as they can you gotta play as effective as you can.

Meaning that you're going to make it clear that the first unhook must be a team effort. You can't allow them a free unhook while the other 2 keep doing gens. No, they gotta take their hands of the generators and help with the unhook.

From there you gotta snowball.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

So you actively ignore the fact that things on BOTH sides got nerfed/buffed? The Ruin change was possibly the most impactful gen related change yet here you are acting like survivors had it bad right now.

There is EASILY enough time to break all totems, plunder all chests and finish all gens unless the team consists of bad survivors who can't loop/juke/mindgame.

I literally did it yesterday against a Myers. I cleansed every totem I could find, plundered all the chests and it was still a fairly easy 4 man escape. SOLO Q BY THE WAY.

I didn't even get chased that match because the other 3 survivors looped him and did most of the gens. So basically 3 strong survivors can beat a killer on their own yet there's FOUR survivors every game.

I genuinely don't understand how some survivors can even struggle doing ONLY gens when it takes literally just 80 seconds to finish a gen by default.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

use noed and discordance, there is literary nothing else you can do

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Just camp / slug them.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Doing gens is the only objective, sorry but doing "side" objectives do not offer anything towards a match(unless there's a hex or you want an item but there's an option of bringing your own) and are hardly important. Healing is a waste as being injured does not affect any action and, therefore people would rather place those 16 seconds on gens to escape(resilience exist).

What needs to implemented is to have down sides and buffs in-game to encourage people to do secondary objetives. Maybe an increase healing speed per totems, slower progression while Injured etc..

Hopefully when the early game mechanical is implemented, things can start to change in game

• perezkarlo37
    perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 55

So basically, if we don't do gens, they call us mediocre and everything, but if we actually know and do our objectives, that makes us genrushers?

You know, I also have seen a lot of moris, so maybe we got used a fast-paced rhythm and finish the games as soon as possible.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Sounds like an interesting perk idea to be honest.

"cleansing a totem increases your action speed for ALL in-game actions including vaulting speed and repair speed efficiency by X-% for 60/70/80 seconds"

Would be a versatile perk as you could use it to cleanse a totem before going into a chase or before pumping out a gen so it's good for different tasks.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

I wonder if this next chapter would have a perk like your idea

Would be neat tho, pairs it up with inner and it would be meta lol

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Seems like you don’t have very good reading comprehension. “Most” is the key word. Thanks for playing, try again soon