The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does survivors disconnect when they're about to die?

Just get your bp lol

Comments

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited September 2018

Possible reasons:

• They are carrying an item that they don’t want to lose.
    • They want to deny the killer BP.
    • They want the killer to de-pip.
    • They want the other survivors to lose.
    • The want to de-pip (updated per Chi ;) )
    • They are just being an ass.

It could be for any reason, and DCing does not mean that you don’t get your BP.

Post edited by Kaelum on
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Kaelum said:
    Possible reasons:

• They are carrying an item that they don’t want to lose.
    • They want the killer to depip.
    • They want the other survivors to lose.
    • They are just being an ass.

It could be for any reason, and DCing does not mean that you don’t get your BP.

A reason you forgot, they want to derank.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Kaelum said:

Which is amusing given the killer gets 1500 BP total for the disconnect. Sometimes the actual disconnect is worth more points than if they had stayed in the game and took the hook.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Yeah sadly the derank and screw your team mates over seems to be one of the biggest reasons now. At high ranks it's to screw the killer over, at lower ranks it's the former 2 reasons the most.

Although at low ranks those 2 reasons get added into a big middle finger as well to the killer so it's the holy trinity of screw you all.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

To protect their non-existant pride.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

when i play killer:
    i spawn, look around and find a survivor (2 gens done). i hook that survivor (exit gates open, 3 already left.)

when i play survivor:
    i spawn --> 3DCs
    WHY?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited September 2018

Excuse you, DCsive Strike is the ultimate mindgame.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Some points were forgotten. Survivors might quit also because of
    -a laggy connection/lagswitch
    -tunneling
    -camping

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Mister_xD said:
    when i play killer:
    i spawn, look around and find a survivor (2 gens done). i hook that survivor (exit gates open, 3 already left.)

when i play survivor:
    i spawn --> 3DCs
    WHY?

Yep...happens to me as well.

spawns and looks for survivors
    checks EVERY generator but one and it is popped
    chases that survivor while 3 more gens are done
    hooks survivor, exit gates are powered

Meanwhile as survivor
    gets the game map, gets 3 disconnects in the first two minutes

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited September 2018

I can’t say I have gotten three disconnects, but I can genuinely claim having more games WITH a disconnect then without. Not including the games where killers disconnect at the loadout screen.

Survivors who DC are selfinsh too, DCing is the worst

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I will never understand why rank means more to people than bloodpoints. Buy yourself better perks with the earned bloodpoints, get better and get at the red ranks while still earning a lot. So annoying to see people DC just for a item that has a value of around ~12k and/or to save their rank because it's ''so hard'' to pip as survivor lol.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@xmenfanatic said:
    I can’t say I have gotten three disconnects, but I can genuinely claim having more games WITH a disconnect then without. Not including the games where killers disconnect at the loadout screen.

I've never had 3 disconnects as a survivor...but I did have it happen once as the killer. I took pity on the poor remaining survivor :P

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

Disconnecting survivors ruin the game for both killers and their own team mates i hate them!

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

@Chrona said:

@xmenfanatic said:

I've never had 3 disconnects as a survivor...but I did have it happen once as the killer. I took pity on the poor remaining survivor :P

Yup I`m bnow friends with one person that got left behind by ######### players I said your okay i saw what that swf group did to you

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@MauXD24 said:
    Just get your bp lol

If you DC, you didnt lose

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@MauXD24 said:
    Just get your bp lol

well theoretically if somehow the power to my xbox turned off because of my cat unplugging it or say the power breaker fliped a switch by accident it will prevent the loss of items and rank if im going to die. this is all theoretical and i would NEVER cause this to happen myself or tell other people to do this. if you dc by clicking the leave game button your just inraged and are not smart for missing out on the 10-15k BP