Second Wind is broken, here's why;

I love the perk but sometimes it really pisses me off, if someone self heals for a split second before you heal them it won't activate, sometimes it just flat out doesn't work, when you mend someone it doesn't count as healing but when second wind heals you it DOES.

Here's a short video to better put it;

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Comments

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Classic DBD jank

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Its cause mending in itself isnt a healing action, thats why perks like coulrophobia and nurses calling dont work against mending.

But at the same time, the deep wounds state is considered a health state and so it heals you from that to injured (other perks such as adrenaline do this).

Its not broken as such , but moreso just a weird and gimicky mechanic. I guess its not considered mending to make sure killer perks arent overly strong against it and to make it so there isnt a double standard between killer and survivor perks

That said, it would be nice to see a QOL update to it, so if people self heal for like half a second your still able to get it off.

• FluffySharkz_
    FluffySharkz_ Member Posts: 48

best solution I can think of would be to make so it activates whenever you fully heal someone to healthy, and maybe make it heal you fully instead of just one health state, which I don't think would be overpowered since it deactivates when you go down anyway