The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dear solo survivors...

Vietfox
Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
Use kindred 3. (at least more often)
It's a fantastic perk which screws the killer when camping, and if that happens, the others can do gens and do their jobs more efficiently.
If killer doesn't camp the closest survivor to u will attempt the rescue while the others will know that they gotta keep repairing the gens.
Seriously, it's an underrated perk which i barely see among solo survivors.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

Most non-stale-meta perks are underrated, this is nothing new.

• Vietfox
    Mister_xD said:

not now!
    im busy crouching behind this tree, doing absolutely nothing while your dying on the hook!

@Mister_xD
    Or when i run kindred and all 3 come to me...
    Or when all 3 are running around me because they dragged killer's attention...
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

So true, and yet, since Kindred gives an advantage to the group as opposed to the player running it, few survivors use it.
    SORRY MAN THAT SLOT IS FOR WGLF!

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Lol word, I gotta run kindred three, been running wake up to help guide the team late game
  • Vietfox

So true, and yet, since Kindred gives an advantage to the group as opposed to the player running it, few survivors use it.
    SORRY MAN THAT SLOT IS FOR WGLF!

@George_Soros
    It's an advantage to everyone (i know you know that already), teamwork is what increases the chances of having a succesful match!
    About WGLF, yeah, it should work the same way the safe hook does at least.
  • Vietfox
    Lol word, I gotta run kindred three, been running wake up to help guide the team late game
    @Dabrownman1812
    I know it's not the same but another perk i like to run is Resilience, 9% increased speed in all actions (including opening exit gates) when injured. This one has saved my ass many times in the last second.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I ran it for a while, but my teammates left me to die on hook, get to second stage... Trying to save me when the killer is camping... I don't have faith in my fellow solo survivors. Too many are rank up because pipping is easy, not because they are good at surviving.

• Hime
    Hime Member Posts: 10

Give me the 5th perk slot and I will be happy to use Kindred :)

• Vietfox
    Chi said:

I ran it for a while, but my teammates left me to die on hook, get to second stage... Trying to save me when the killer is camping... I don't have faith in my fellow solo survivors. Too many are rank up because pipping is easy, not because they are good at surviving.

@Chi
    True, there are survivors like that, but in my personal experience it's been more useful than a wasted perk slot.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Dear Vietfox...

No.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Vietfox Sure thing! Would you like me to run Open-Handed as well?

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Kindred for the win. I was hooked in the basement and was wondering why no one was saving me, and found out in the end game chat that the Wraith was blocking the stairs while cloaked. I'm not a fan of camping so I attempt to punish it in any way I can. Just from that one perk slot, I was the only person that had to die that game while my team gen rushed. Seriously needs more love!

• Vietfox
    Hime said:

Give me the 5th perk slot and I will be happy to use Kindred :)

@Hime
    Lol, what is your common build? out of curiosity.
    I usually run SC, empathy and kindred. The 4th slot may vary, but usually it's either resilience, iron will or small game (to prevent noed)
    If i got a good stash of medkits then i replace SC for something else, like adrenaline.
  • Hime
    Hime Member Posts: 10

@Vietfox said:
    I usually run SC, empathy and kindred. The 4th slot may vary, but usually it's either resilience, iron will or small game (to prevent noed)
    If i got a good stash of medkits then i replace SC for something else, like adrenaline.

SC, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline and BT. Only one perk I would change in this build is BT, but since I am mostly the one saving other survivors, so I run it. :))

• Vietfox
    Peasant said:

@Peasant
    Why not? Pair it with empathy 3 to increase its efficience  :p
  • Peasant

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

@Peasant

Yeah, apparently Open Handed stacks with Kindred III twice. So you can have 24-meter killer reveal around hooks. That's super fun.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Hime said:

@Vietfox said:

SC, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline and BT. Only one perk I would change in this build is BT, but since I am mostly the one saving other survivors, so I run it. :))

Arent both Adrenaline and BL situational exhaustion perks? I would replace both TBH but if i had to choose i would change BL for Kindred.
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

Maybe people for the most part imagine someone on the hook who is not them and that's why they don't run the perk. ;)

• Vietfox
    Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

@Peasant

Yeah, apparently Open Handed stacks with Kindred III twice. So you can have 24-meter killer reveal around hooks. That's super fun.

Wow never thought about that. But i don't like the idea of using a perk slot to support another perk anyway.
    Btw, kindred 3 is 8 meters and open handed 3 another 8 meters, so it should be 16. Quick maths
  • Peasant

@Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

@Peasant

In all seriousness, the best solo build I can think of is Self-Care, Bond, Kindred III, Open-Handed. Bond + Open-Handed helps you find people w> @Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Peasant

Wow never thought about that. But i don't like the idea of using a perk slot to support another perk anyway.
    Btw, kindred 3 is 8 meters and open-handed 3 another 8 meters, so it should be 16. Quick maths

Kindred III has 8 meters at base.
    Open-Handed on the person using it adds an extra 8 meters.
    If you can convince an additional player to run Open-Handed then you can get the full 24 meters.
    8+8+8=24
    8*3=24

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Peasant said:

Oh no... You have joined the Leatherface clan. Why would you replace Jake with Leatherface?!

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Vietfox said:
    It's a fantastic perk which screws the killer when camping, and if that happens, the others can do gens and do their jobs more efficiently.
    If killer doesn't camp the closest survivor to u will attempt the rescue while the others will know that they gotta keep repairing the gens.

shsh

• Vietfox
    Peasant said:

@Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

@Peasant

In all seriousness, the best solo build I can think of is Self-Care, Bond, Kindred III, Open-Handed. Bond + Open-Handed helps you find people w> @Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Peasant

Btw, kindred 3 is 8 meters and open-handed 3 another 8 meters, so it should be 16. Quick maths

If you can convince an additional player to run Open-Handed then you can get the full 24 meters.
    8+8+8=24
    8*3=24

@Peasant
    I'll try ur build. Bought the ps4 a few days ago and i'm getting all the teachables.
  • Peasant
    edited October 2018

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

@Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Peasant

Peasant said:

@Vietfox said:

Peasant said:

@Vietfox Sure thing! Would you like me to run Open-Handed as well? @Peasant

8+8+8=24

8*3=24

@Peasant
    I'll try ur build. Bought the ps4 a few days ago and i'm getting all the teachables.

I could've sworn I deleted the post where I talked up SC, Kindred III, Open-Handed, and Bond. I don't even want to know where you got ahold of the draft.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the post where I said that. It's odd, I could've sworn I canceled that post.

Post edited by Peasant on
  • Peasant

@Chi said:

@Peasant said:

Oh no... You have joined the Leatherface clan. Why would you replace Jake with Leatherface?!

It's only a temporary change. Besides, once I finish prestiging Quentin I will be switching my profile to his mug. After all, while #Cake is good and all, I think we all know that as long as David isn't shirtless girls just flock to the dreamboat. So even if I die protecting a Claudette all match as Jake, if there's a Quentin in-game she'll run off with him. #Foreveralone

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Word, I try to stay away from sprint burst and selfcare. Dead hard is better anyway and can act as a psuedo vacuum for pallets and always be safe. I run spine chill, dead hard, wake up, windows of opportunity.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Vietfox said:

As a solo survivor its very easy to spot a camping killer and to make that quick decision to go do gens. If you are a SWF group its not hard to communicate to your team the same information. Does Kindred speed this process up , YES does it compensate for players natural born ability to make horrible plays and simply crouch near the killer NO.

To all survivors solo or not just use your head and your eyes and make a choice.

I think the REAL issue here is to not ######### on a hook when you are being camped. Sure it sucks for you but now it sucks for everyone else too!

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

As a solo survivor its very easy to spot a camping killer and to make that quick decision to go do gens. If you are a SWF group its not hard to communicate to your team the same information. Does Kindred speed this process up , YES does it compensate for players natural born ability to make horrible plays and simply crouch near the killer NO.

To all survivors solo or not just use your head and your eyes and make a choice.

I think the REAL issue here is to not [BAD WORD] on a hook when you are being camped. Sure it sucks for you but now it sucks for everyone else too!

@MegaWaffle
    Yes, but i might save someone elses time to go from one point to another. Time which can be invested on doing gens.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@Peasant said:

@Chi said:

@Peasant said:

It's only a temporary change. Besides, once I finish prestiging Quentin I will be switching my profile to his mug. After all, while #Cake is good and all, I think we all know that as long as David isn't shirtless girls just flock to the dreamboat. So even if I die protecting a Claudette all match as Jake, if there's a Quentin in-game she'll run off with him. #Foreveralone

Shirtless David is best David

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I run Kindred 3 frequently on my Survivors. Usually ends up as a good choice, but those times I watch 3 SWF teammates completely ignore me on the hook because I'm not on their Discord makes me regret it. A bit less selfishness and a bit more smart playing will make the game a whole lot better overall. Especially when I spectate them afterwards and watch them get rekt because they only have 3 people in the match now and the Killer wasn't Camping.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Funny story I’ve actually ran it and most of the times (mind you this is red ranks) and when the killer has a bonding experience (what most people call “camping”) with me the survivors have stayed next to the hook I was like why am I running this perk again and once I had a Claudette farm me (it was an obvious farm too)
  • Vietfox
    Mringasa said:

I run Kindred 3 frequently on my Survivors. Usually ends up as a good choice, but those times I watch 3 SWF teammates completely ignore me on the hook because I'm not on their Discord makes me regret it. A bit less selfishness and a bit more smart playing will make the game a whole lot better overall. Especially when I spectate them afterwards and watch them get rekt because they only have 3 people in the match now and the Killer wasn't Camping.

@Mringasa
    Yeah, i dont get why especially 3 swf are that #########. When i'm with 2 more i'm just like "ok, who is gonna rescue him?"
  • Vietfox
    Funny story I’ve actually ran it and most of the times (mind you this is red ranks) and when the killer has a bonding experience (what most people call “camping”) with me the survivors have stayed next to the hook I was like why am I running this perk again and once I had a Claudette farm me (it was an obvious farm too)
    @Mr_Jay_Stark
    Yeah, that has happened to me as well. This kind of people will give u always trouble, either u run kindred or not :)
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Vietfox said:

why not just invite everyone in the lobby to a party (im on xbox) and if they dont join then just farm them for WGLF stacks.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Mister_xD said:
    not now!
    im busy crouching behind this tree, doing absolutely nothing while your dying on the hook!

so....dwight with default clothing?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@alivebydeadight said:

@Mister_xD said:
    not now!

so....dwight with default clothing?

110%

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Sorry but there's no room for an insubstantial Perk like that in my build; I'd rather run WMI.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Tried using kindred but survivors still swarm for the save and waste time. People hate doing gens, I finally get it. It's not "fun".