Not every SWF is toxic.

I see a lot of post about all these "Toxic" SWF groups and how they "ruin" the game for the killer. if you're a killer main and you lose maybe just take a second to think "Where did I mess up" not every potential you go up against are here to bully or tryhard some are just trying to relax and have fun. Maybe try learn from the games that you lost.

Comments

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

im one of them playing in family for fun not tryhard

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Wholeheartedly agree. I´d like to add that some of these "toxic" groups sometimes just act cocky to have fun. I had it happen SO often that after I beat them or the match was at least really entertaining that light smacktalk can be hell of a lot more fun than getting butthurt.

Depends though, the true toxic groups (they DO exist) will do everything they can to humiliate the Killer and ruin his experience.

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

I play SWF for fun. In fact our SWF is more a hindrance as my friend is new to DBD so we often potato our games. I use SWF to play games whilst catching up

• JackFrostMan
    JackFrostMan Member Posts: 204

I personally dislike SWF because while sure, some groups are just a bunch of chumps laughing, it's just the fact that four people can group together annoys me a bit because of the benefits that gives.

I know, I know. Can't remove it since that would kill the playerbase or whatever people say. It just sucks seeing it in a lobby as a killer. Honestly, SWF isn't toxic in of itself but I still dislike it.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

yes sadly that will always be the case :( but I do get tired of people generalizing SWF groups.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

It really IS tiring. Although SWF brings issues that objectively need to be addressed there´s no way they´re all toxic douches that are out to bully the Killers.

Those who do make the others look bad though because they tend to be remembered.

• MrBuffalo

See, I can understand that point of view cause it does give a massive advantage for when SWF do tryhard. Honestly I have no idea how the devs could make swf more balanced or even if its possible.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Showing who is in an SWF would be great, so the killer can equip better addons or let the killer have a higher priority with map choice.

• JackFrostMan
    JackFrostMan Member Posts: 204

Really, they can't. The best choice they have is bumping up killers or solo queue to work around SWF since well, you can't remove it, and the whole "oh hey make them do five gens or something!" ideas just kinda warps the game too much as well.

Like, #########, I play in SWF occasionally with my friends but I barely play survivors and the other guys kinda just don't go tryhard. Doesn't mean I have to like SWF as a killer, though.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Buff the individual survivor that go in solo until swf has no distinct advantage (more information, Teamplay can't really be forced) and then balance killer against the survivor as a whole group.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I have come across many SWFs that have not been toxic. One invited me to group chat after and were really complimentary, as well as sharing tips and thanking me for not being a camper, even though they were destroying me up until they 3-genned themselves.

OP is also right in stating that the Killer needs to think about where they go wrong and what they can do to play better. Not saying it will guarantee 4ks, but it may well impeove aspects of their game and make the matches more difficult. If a Killer just sticks to the idea that they lost because the others played toxic, then they will forever be a bad player.

SWFs do have an advantage, but it doesn't mean they're all bullies. Some are toxic, but then again so are some solo players.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Sure, I'll give you that.

The issue is that nobody remembers the 'good' or 'fun' SWF. They remember the four man sweat squad that made you out to be the fool of their joke. Or the three man who acted like you didn't matter and let you die on first hook. Those stick out, and paint a blanket picture over all SWF.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

Well even if they only act the way they do for fun does not change the fact that in a 4 vs 1 this will still just feel like bullying for the lone person independent to the intentions of the group.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Not every killer uses mori to tunnel and mori of the first hook. Does that mean moris are ok? I mean, if a survivor got moried, he could take a second and think "Where did i mess up", and try to learn from the game he lost.

Or maybe the numbers who do it anyway might be higher than a lot of people admit, and changes are needed.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

The issue is that 99% of killers are automatically going to try harder against a SWF group BECAUSE of the SWAT teams that we've all dealt with in the past. Their attitude directly effects my mindset when I play against a team, especially one with 4 players.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

The down side is you can't hear skill checks, or much of anything else for that matter. I know everyone believes all SWF are constantly communicating about the game. But not us, my lady and daughter talk so much I can barely hear my skill check warning. It is like playing with 5 stacks of Huntress Lullaby every game.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

It's so broad, too. If a killer doesn't get enough kills he assumes the whole group is SWF. Trappers in particular always get mad and assume the team is a 4 man SWF when everyone escapes and cause they always get their traps set off and it's like dang, man, we're four randoms and you aren't running Corrupt Intervention on a low tier killer.

You don't even have to be ACTUALLY toxic to be considered toxic by a lot of killers, you just have to

1. Play the game well (get gens done, maybe pallet or flashlight save once or twice per match, take protection hits, etc)

2. Have everyone escape

• MrBuffalo

I never said the devs should leave SWF cause I do agree that SWF is insanely broken. This post was more of a there are some chill swf who are just trying to relax and hoping to get killers to see that not every single group is trying to bully them.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

Your right not every SWF is toxic. the game is very frustrating at times and just like survivors, sometimes they vent and look for excuses. the game needs changes though. too many things can go in favour of one side. like a swf group all pre made builds, brings a map offering for ormond or something with keys and object.

or killers who camp the first hooked person then run straight back for a mori. devs really should of made more changes by now. too much freedom to be as toxic as u want.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

That's not really a downside, and even if we do consider it one it's entirely in your control as survivors. The killer has NO way of affecting that positively or negatively.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Maybe you should rephrase your original post then because it sounds like you're saying "SWF Fine, Killer bad, git gud scrub"

Yeah, I don't think your method of showing that some SWF's are 'chill' will have any affect. Definitely won't for me. If I see that you're SWF's you're getting tunneled one by one until you're all dead. Privating your profile or friends list doesn't help either! If I see that then I'll just assume you're SWF's!

• MrBuffalo

I'm not saying SWF is balanced cause that is far from the truth. Even if the number is small it is still abused. But this post is more to just say not every swf is gonna be a bunch of bullies. But I do agree that even the none try hards still have a massive advantage.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

It's how the game is swf can be toxic most of the time yes some are just friends having fun but they also can be toxic which pisses off the killer takes it out on the next game and the toxic spreads.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Not every SWF is non-toxic.

• MrBuffalo

Thats the sad truth :( toxicity will always spread more toxicity. Such is the cycle of DBD

• MrBuffalo

Yeah a lot of these issues should have been addressed loooong ago. But I do have a feeling the devs are too afraid to do anything about SWF since most of the survivor player base are SFW and I doubt they wanna lose a majority of their survivors.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Yeah I sometimes play with Swf just to have a laugh at how terrible we are at the game lol. Or help me with some very ridiculously hard archive challenges, like the one wear you ahd to open hatch with key two times from Tome 2.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
  • Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Nobody said this, so what's the point?

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

This just feels like.

nOt aLl mEn

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Actually, that data is false. I have no idea where the Devs pulled it from, but in reality the number of SWF teams you go against is determined by the time of day you play. And since I am on PC, I can very easily check their friends lists. In the last few months, I have discovered that between the hours of 9pm and 1am, almost every individual team has at least a 2-person SWF. Most have 3-4 people in a party. And, since they have access to comms, they aren't afraid or disorganised and absolutely slam the generators. While I do not blame them for this, it is absolutely stupid game design and needs to be rectified, instead of attempting to cover it over with flasified data the Devs even contradicted themselves with (I believe they said that somewhere around 70% of players at red ranks were SWF).

• MrBuffalo
    edited August 2020

well I'm not here saying "All SWF not are toxic" just simply some are just chill people trying to have fun. I know SWF even with none try hards is still unfair. And im not here to dunk on killers either but some of them get so frustrated they end up being just as toxic as the team they just versed. In the end my post will do nothing but I can hope that some killers will not jump to the conclusion that the team they are versing is going out if their to make the killers life hell.

• MrBuffalo

Quite surprised you could check their profiles. Most of the time when I've checked its set to private so I cant really tell till I'm in game.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

There are regions in this game where its nothing but insane try hard teams. When people go against that, it tends to make them jaded.

I went against that crap constantly, I quit the game. Once crossplay happened, I started getting these weaker teams and holy crap is the game more enjoyable.

• Dasher_102
    Dasher_102 Member Posts: 44

Nobody with a brain would say that all swf groups are toxic.

• MrBuffalo

It might be my region cause AUS is pretty chill for the most part. So naturally my view of this game is pretty bias

• MrBuffalo

well good thing you know that but that doesn't go for quite a a lot of killers that I've seen.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I got a lot of survivors from Mexico and Chile. Most of my games would have a swf with between 2500 and 9000 hours each. Dead hard, ds, unbreakable, and borrowed time. They would rush gens hard, like two to three popping in the first chase. Every single one would be strong loopers and not fall for any mind games. Perfect coordination with saves, body blocks, and having someone on the door when the last gen popped.

I would throw everything I had at them, but the gen speeds just wouldnt let me win. This would happen 7 games out of 10. People say this shouldn't happen, but it did for me. People said I was just bad, but I am wrecking the console players and people of my own rank.

I don't miss playing those teams all of the time.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Almost every time a profile is private, their buddies isn't and I still see them in the list.