• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Pointless hex as it's usually fine within 5 mi s of the match starting
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Also hexes are pointless as they go within 5 mins
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    There's already a post about this topic... 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I Don't waste my perk slots on hex totems
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    chococri said:
    There's already a post about this topic... 
    But mine has a video with ruin alternatives ;)
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Never seriously used it.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I use Ruin for now but plan to replace it and run more experimental builds in future. Tired of having 3 perks in a match most of the time. 
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I only use it to experiment with different he set ups and see how well they do in low to mid ranks
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    It feels like it, chasing one and one looking for totem means only 2 able to work on gens. By the time I get my first person down only 2 gens have popped instead of 3 so that gives me a chance at snowballing.
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    I have never unlocked it on hag so none of my killers have it. I use time wasters that won’t be lost by hexes breaking such as sloppy, pop goes the weasel, or go endgame with Freddy perks. Blood warden is so fun to use and I actually want them to complete the generators. It’s hilarious when survivors think they’re tea bagging and try to leave. Then nope 😈
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    PS hex ruin has helped me become a beast at skill checks as survivor so it’s definitely not as good as some killers try to state. They just need to get another additional game mechanic for survivors to do soon and it will give people who feel trapped with their perks more comfortable to branch out. Ruin feels like self care is to many survivors sometimes. 
  • Never used it, rank 1 killer. All that needs to be said.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@SpaceCoconut said:
    I don't think so.

What do you think about Ruin?

Very interesting build, never thought of caulrophobia on hag.
    Now that I am lower rank again, I will give it a try :wink:

Btw, I believe that against a competent SWF you automatically lose if you dont have ruin up. The gamble that they dont find your totem isntantly is the only thing that can give you a chance (talking about the optimal SWF here, not the yolo hook rushers)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Ruin is weak. Sadly many killers think that it's worth taking, just to get 30 seconds of extra game time. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Well when Ruin has those 1 in 50 games where it doesn't blow up instantly it's good but most of the time it is poor. I only run it when I have nothing else to use now. When I eventually unlock every perk on the killers I play then I will most likely not run it anymore. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Ruin is weak. Sadly many killers think that it's worth taking, just to get 30 seconds of extra game time. 

Too true. The numbers on Survivor perks and Killer perks are switched around - whereas Survivor perks save or grant massive amounts of time or bonuses, Killer perks make a small difference, if not an unnoticeable one. Ruin, for example, is so weak that Survivors can elect to ignore it and still win. If a Killer ignores, say, Self Care, for example, their hits become irrelevant.

Post edited by Orion on
  • Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

Too true. The numbers on Survivor perks and Killer perks are switched around - whereas Survivor perks save or grant massive bonuses, Killer perks make a small difference, if not an unnoticeable one. Ruin, for example, is so weak that Survivors can elect to ignore it and still win. If a Killer ignores, say, Self Care, for example, their hits become irrelevant.

Yes, I wrote a post about sloppy butcher. Where people defended the 5 second increased heal. Like it was something worth taking. 
    In the meantime, survivors only use perks that give a 100% speed bonus and ignore 25% speed bonus perks.
  • Orion

@Tsulan said:
    Yes, I wrote a post about sloppy butcher. Where people defended the 5 second increased heal. Like it was something worth taking. 
    In the meantime, survivors only use perks that give a 100% speed bonus and ignore 25% speed bonus perks.

I read your comment, and I fully agree with it. Killer perks need to be buffed to the point where Survivor perks are, and vice-versa. Additionally, self-sustaining perks need to be changed completely - the Killer is supposed to be the self-sustaining one; not the Survivors.

• Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

I read your comment, and I fully agree with it. Killer perks need to be buffed to the point where Survivor perks are, and vice-versa. Additionally, self-sustaining perks need to be changed completely - the Killer is supposed to be the self-sustaining one; not the Survivors.

I think support perks need a big buff on both sides. People should have a hard choice of strong perks that allow different playstyles. Not those 5 meta perks, while the rest is garbage. 
  • Orion

@Tsulan said:
    I think support perks need a big buff on both sides. People should have a hard choice of strong perks that allow different playstyles. Not those 5 meta perks, while the rest is garbage. 

How do you define "support perks"?

• DeadByFlashlight

@Tsulan said:

30 sec can be quite huge in DBD.
    Also it can help to make survivors run around like chicken to search for it

• Tsulan

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

How do you define "support perks"?

Sloppy Butcher, Prove Thyself, Botany Knowledge, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia, etc. Are support perks for me. They give a bonus to certain actions.

• Tsulan

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah on rank 10 they run around like chickens. SWF groups on rank 1 are better organized as some police forces...

• DeadByFlashlight

@Tsulan said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah on rank 10 they run around like chickens. SWF groups on rank 1 are better organized as some police forces...

Yeah ofc on rank 1 its a joke, but its not a secret that the game is unbalanced there and I wont even talk about SWF lol^^

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Useless. Pop goes the weasel.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Ive been using haunted ground, ruin, bbq together. Does wonders for tracking and slowing gen progress.

Ruin is great, its bad placement that brings it down.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you dont need it.
    unless you want your rounds to last longer than 7 minutes. then you need it.

• Tsulan
    Mister_xD said:

you dont need it.

*4 minutes
  • Orion

@Mister_xD said:
    you dont need it.

7 minutes and 30 seconds isn't that big a difference.

• Mister_xD

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:
    you dont need it.

in this game 30 seconds is a lot more than you'd think

• Orion

@Mister_xD said:

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:
    you dont need it.

It's one hit, maybe. Meaning Ruin counters exactly one Decisive Strike.

• Mister_xD

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:
    you dont need it.

since i mainly play billy at this rank, thats a whole hook opportunity for me. thats a lot.

• Orion

@Mister_xD said:

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Orion said:

@Mister_xD said:
    you dont need it.

since i mainly play billy at this rank, thats a whole hook opportunity for me. thats a lot.

Fair enough.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2018

It can be destroyed quickly, but in games where it's not it's a massssssive difference. Honestly, the games I have where it's destroyed in the first minute are the notable minority.

Killers being able to place their totems would be nice, but someone like Trapper can basically exploit that.

Ruin needs to be a baseline mechanic, not a perk.

Edit: I got rank 1 prior to the Emblem system, and it was 100% mandatory, along with NOED for my killer pick.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Never used it, rank 1 killer. All that needs to be said.

It's a take 22. Sometimes it will stay up longer than a minute and sometimes a survivor will spawn beside of the Hex totem.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

I don't need it, and rarely use it. Anyone that knows what it is will seek and destroy the totem almost immediately, and a good many others will destroy the totem because it's there.
    It might last a few minutes at best.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    It is a great perk in concept but it hardly sticks around to really help because of the poor totems spawns.

I got to Rank 1 without it as a Doctor because I only have it in Tier 1.  There are much better choices when it comes to perks.  I am not a big fan of Hex perks because they usually get destroyed early on but Lullaby and Devour Hope can be devastating.  You could run Haunted Grounds because people are drawn to destroying Hex totems.
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

i mean this video proofs nothing. playing against potatos is not really an argument that you dont need ruin. you could even play wraith against them and 4k. ruin itself is not a gamble, the gamble is what kind of survivor you get.