Would The Silence Of The Lambs Be A Good Additions To DBD?

Welcome to my series where I ask if things would be a good addition to DBD!

Today We Are Asking: Would A Silence Of The Lambs Chapter Be A Good Addition To DBD?

Comments

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I'm not sure if it would be a good fit. But I also thought the same about Saw, so I'm confident the devs could make it work well.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

• LunaWater
    LunaWater Member Posts: 42

No.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Thematically, it would work fine. Silence of the Lambs is a pretty well-established book/film and Dr. Lecter (especially as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins) is a pretty iconic villain.

Functionally though? Not really. Clarice Starling would probably work just fine as a survivor character (or maybe even the Warden), but I think trying to portray Hannibal Lecter as a DbD killer would be a pretty extreme stretch. He's primarily a schemer, not so much a slasher (roughly the same could be said for Buffalo Bill). Seeing him chase around and attack survivors would feel very out of character for him.

SAW was able to overcome a similar problem (as John the OG Jigsaw Killer would have also been a poor DbD fit) by using Jigsaw's violent right hand (Amanda) instead of the man himself. I mostly only think of Silence of the Lambs and not its sequels, but I don't remember Lecter or Bill having any accomplice that would be able to fill this kind of role.

I think DbD could bring in a SotL survivor without much trouble, but our main man Hannibal would actually be a better fit as a Mastermind over in RE: Resistance.