I can see why people dislike the Ebony Mori now. But hey, fair play.

Godot
Godot Member Posts: 806

I used it in a couple of Killer matches and tunneled each Survivor that I've hooked, downing them and killing them instantly with the Mori, turning the match into a rather boring mess as there was still 4 to 5 generators left.

Using Ebony Mori and killing everyone as Killer is like genrush for Survivors. It's quite fair, especially if the Killer is really good.

You win this time, pesky Killer mains!

Comments

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I would give mori if devs would fix genrush gladly. Im in one of those that think that mori should be perk related like you got a perk that ######### you but if you fullfill conditions you can enjoy a mori animation.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I would give up current mori for nothing. This isn’t politics. Current mori is quite lame outside experiencing the animation.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

I’m in agreement with this. I’ve left a match with 3000 points because a killer was greedy for the mori and hard focused on camping / tunnelling me. Not fun at all. Subtracts points from both killer and survivor too.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I'm a killer main. I've used a couple ebony moris, but for the most part they just sit in my inventory. Nowadays, I only use one if I have a daily ritual to "kill by your hand." And usually once I get that kill, I stop using it in the match.

I get why Killers use them like some do, but I personally find my matches with them to be boring.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

well how the game is as a whole everything need a rework not just mori like key gen speed or something start of the match to make match go slower.

people mori because how fast gen go like if 3 gen pop on my first hook you know i mori them

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

You will become bored of mories. I promise.

The majority of survivors do not require mori to kill them all.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Also why is ebony Mori like the most common think in high level bloodweb? I swear I have about 30 on one killer.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

As a survivor main I'm quite jealous how often the nice goodies pop up in Killer's bloodwebs. Meanwhile I'm swimming in flashlight straps and lenses.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

I'd submit that keys and moris would be equalized and balanced with the following changes:

1. keys do not spawn from chests. ever.
    2. the purple key is changed so that it only opens the hatch for ONE survivor. no one else. the red one opens it for all.
    3. remove the add ons allowing you to keep the key on death, or keep it after it is used to escape.
    4. the hatch now ONLY spawns if all gens are done, OR if there's only one survivor left.
    5. add a new offering that allows the hatch to spawn through the old method.
    6. Nerf the DS/unbreakable combo in such a way that moris are no longer the only counter to them. (Note: NO, letting the survivor go does not qualify as a counter, no more than "don't do gens" is a counter to surveillance or overcharge.)
    7. IF all that is done, THEN change moris so you can only kill on death hook.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Yeah, if I bought even half the ebony moris that appeared in my bloodwebs, instead of just letting the entity eat them, I'd be swimming in them on a lot of killers.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224
    edited August 2020

I only use ebony moris, but I wait for people to be on their last hook. I personally would rather die to a mori instead of a lackluster final hook.

I feel mori's should be earned and should be somehow reworked to be base-kit for killers. Knowing the killer always has access to a mori would take the salt out of the wound of them bringing an offering intentionally, but giving the killer requirements to be able to use the mori would ensure they had to earned it.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Moris are in a sense, somewhat like gen rush. So, using them will hurt your final scoring, same as gen rushing.

You already have a tradeoff there.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

I only ever use keys and moris for challenges. Otherwise, I just have them build up in my inventory.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

My suggestion is:

Yellow Mori - Lets you kill any survivor who has been hooked twice (aka on death hook). Better than the current version but not as good as Green

Green Mori - Lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once. (Same as the current version which is fine.)

Red Mori - Both of the above. Lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once and any survivor that you've hooked twice. Better than Green but not as overpowered as the current version while still letting you get multiple kills.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

I'll bring it in, but only use it if the gens are popping fast or they're being d*cks. I think it's in poor taste to just use it after every hook.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

Comparing gen rush to eboni mori is completely irrelevant. Gen rush was a thing sure, but now with pop goes the weasel, ruin rework and few others; It's a lot harder to gen rush especially with mid-high range killers given they play well.

It might me more convenient to compare them with keys, both are ######### and reward undeserved win.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

eah but if u genrush u dont depip becuz u already have all gens done you csn play with the killer a while to get chase points and bye

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Because there's less ultra rares than the other item qualities. On something like Huntress any UR node will be an ebony mori 50% of the time because her only ultra rares are iri head and mori. Meanwhile if you look at something like rares (greens) there's a bunch of add-ons and offerings you might get.

Before their recent changes Leatherface and Hillbilly got ebony moris in 100% of ultra rare nodes as they simply didn't have ultra rare add-ons.

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 62

When killer do mori after first hook and there are still 4/5 generators to do. I just DC :)

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

“It’s quite fair, especially if the killer is really good” that sentence there....if a killer is “really good” then they wouldn’t need a mori, let alone tunnel people off hook for a mori. If they are “really good” then there wouldn’t be As much gen rushing because you’d know how to counter it and put pressure on without a tunnel and a Mori.

Personally I prefer the challenge of hooking everyone 3 times, putting the pressure on, the chases and just learning to get better. Like you pointed out, tunnelling everyone for a mori is boring especially when there are so many gens left. What’s the point in playing if you want the game over that fast. Each to their own though.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Even good Killers can be genrushed and you can't deny this. Especially if they don't use a certain Killer or certain perks to counter genrushing.

If they meet the criteria, then yes, good Killers don't get genrushed "as much"

I did go againt an entitled p3 Oni main who accused me and the randoms of genrushing while he brought a Mori and tunneled everyone until their deaths, after first hook. He still had 3 generators, let me mention that, too. That's when I went and played those Killer matches I mentioned.

That's why I compared genrushing and mori. They both end the game fast and it is rather unfun.

And, i'm no expert, but genrushing can be countered. Mori can't.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Dodge the loading screen. End of the problem

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME . . . there is NO such thing as gen rush!

If you want to say "all generators are completed" or something like that fine, but survivors doing the ONLY objective they have to do to power the gates (or cause a hatch to spawn) is not rushing or any kind of "thing." It's the mechanics of the game.

Come at me with your "Well tunneling isn't a thing then." You don't have to camp or tunnel to kill 4 survivors. You just don't.

If you think gens are popping too fast or you can't get them done, blame it on the map or the killer you are playing. Survivors doing gens is literally the mechanics of the gameplay.

I'm sick and tired of incapable killer mains trying to justify endless nerfs and debuffs to survivors and the game itself due to mythical gen rush. Stop it already.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

As long as they nerf/rework keys in the same patch that they nerf/rework moris then Im all for it. I think mori is just too easy and boring as it stands right now, but at the same time when I see a key I dont actually care if the game is boring for the survivors. Because my only fun that game is killing the key bearer.

"But Franklins demise counter keys"

Yeah well not getting caught, not unhooking, jumping into lockers with a DS ready, and team work counters mori as well.