I like DBD but..

Hello all. It's been 4 months since I totally stopped DBD for Resident evil Resistance. Yes I know, the advantages are for the survivors and they are totally cheated (for the moment), but it's a recent game and it's fun unlike DBD which has become worse than toxic! The game lasts only 5 minutes with these generators we take no pleasure in playing as a killer, the survivors are OP too. The people with whom I played all passed on Resident evil, and even people I don't know too... how many DBD pictures on their profile in the players I met...

I heard 2 weeks ago the arrival of the new killer on DBD, I was waiting for him, some on Youtube were talking about a "werewolf" but no... This killer gives me no interest in returning to DBD!

DBD has become very toxic and very frustrating for the killer, if on top of that we release a killer who takes the principle of the pinball machine I don't understand the developers anymore !

Come up with your ideas if you really want a killer, who's scary, adrenaline rush ! The developers don't understand us ! 🤣

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183891/new-killer-change-power-idea/p1?new=1

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

New ideas are always good.

Well, besides a undone of the Legion rework to make him finally fun again, I have also this idea already posted:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122305/new-killer-idea-the-damsel-in-distress#latest

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Welcome back

First of all about Resident Evil:

The game was like expected a big fail. There are currently 250 people playing it, while almost 40.000 play DBD.. on average. Not saying that many players = good game, but DBD players might have tried it out but most of them obviously did not stay for very long.

About ballancing: I dont know what you want, they released nothing but killer buffs in 2020. Deathslinger is hated because survivor dont have any power in a chase, same with Pyramid Head who is very strong... try him out. Same with Oni..very powerful and very punishing too.

And the maps... Many got reworked, are much smaller now, they removed many strong windows and strong loops in general, more Deadzones got created etc.

Also genspeed got nerfed a bit, on top of many other nerfs like the toolbox nerf (they are pretty useless now compared to old toolboxes)

The new maps are very killer friendly aswell: Saloon is Killer sided, Hawkins is very killersided, the new Yamaoka is killer sided.. well Midwich is a total mess... its just horrible design.

New Killer... yea i dont know, lets see how he plays when he is live, but just from my very first impression i am also not very excited 2bh.

The toxicness in DbD is unfortunatly still a thing, probably will always be. I dont know if Devs can (or actually want to) change that in the new future.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Resident evil Resistance is my go to game when I need a break from DBD

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Ex-dbd resident evil fans be like: ^

(Red car is DBD, white car is RE)

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is very true. Don't forget they are also getting a new early game slowdown mechanic added. They even added individual killer MMRs so people trying out killers they haven't played much with can get easier games.

They also buffed Doctor and made Bubba less perk dependent (even though I'd prefer the old one).

Billy was changed but after all the changes to fix his overheating I think right now it's in a good place. Ruin was "nerfed" however their reasoning was correct and the new one is extremely good.

I think it's hard to say survivors are OP when they've done so much to close the gap.

• Talmeer

I would still say that a fully equipped and trained swf squad, or 4 experienced solo survivor win most of their games, if they play together and not against each other.

But what killer bufffs matters so I look anyways just at 1 specific killer (if he gets buffed or not) - the rest is from minor interests for me^^. The same I can also say about survivors nerfs or buffs.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

There is much more than 5k on Resident evil, count the likes on tweets and facebook !

40k on DBD ? Mmh... but it's an old game and the game is getting empty of its killers (like me, I was there for two years and the nerve of the nurse disgusted me). I find the people from DBD on Resident evil Resistance, why don't they play DBD? The game is not known yet it was only born 4 months ago, but with some updates it will make people talk about it.

Resistance is a recent game it's not a failure it's just... unbalanced (just like DBD in a way). The reason people like it is Mastermind rated, fun, original. DBD has nothing fun for killers since the gameplay becomes slow and impossible to master (a thought for the nurse who finds herself ultra limited, addons addicted), the gameplay is frustrating and boring.

The new killer is fast but is boring to master, and then get caught on the walls before hitting ok, no more frustration... That's why players give up.

Deathslinger is easily contrapted, Oni too, the slightest obstacle makes these killers the worst killers they depend on their powers!

For the rework of the game I don't know if it will save him but for me it will take much more than that to get back to it... already the nurse, I bought cosmetics and I find it terrible to forget him because his gameplay is only playable for some PC players!

But yes is so crazy, the evolution of games is very crazy 😀

I like RE before DBD, but Resistance is more fun. DBD is original but It's getting tiring, and it's really a waste since this game is a very good basic game!

Translate sorry

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It's hard to say exactly who'd win. If the killer is good enough he should beat the 4 solo players. It's tougher against a 4 swf since if they have over 2000 hours each (like most really good swfs have) it'll be tough but not impossible. The thing is swf is literally the only challenge most killers have unless they get a terrible map or play a meme build.

I'd say right now is definitely the most balanced the game has ever been.

• xEa

There is much more than 5k on Resident evil, count the likes on tweets and facebook !

Are there? Maybe more popular on console, the only numbers i have are the steam charts and there it does not look as RE would be any competition to DbD. 250 players right now playing it..

40k on DBD ? Mmh... but it's an old game and the game is getting empty of its killers (like me, I was there for two years and the nerve of the nurse disgusted me). I find the people from DBD on Resident evil Resistance, why don't they play DBD? The game is not known yet it was only born 4 months ago, but with some updates it will make people talk about it.

40K are online on average, only steam version. So we can expect that a Million or even more players are currently playing Dead by Daylight. And it is growing.

I also dont think that we have less people who play killer, actually i have longer Queue time when i want to play killer which is a good indicator that the game needs more survivor then acutally killer.

And about the popularity of RE Resistence.. maybe .. i dont know, but it looks like it is already pretty much dead (on PC at least) we are really only talking about a VERY small game compared to DbD. But who knows, maybe it will explode somehow.

Resistance is a recent game it's not a failure it's just... unbalanced (just like DBD in a way). The reason people like it is Mastermind rated, fun, original. DBD has nothing fun for killers since the gameplay becomes slow and impossible to master (a thought for the nurse who finds herself ultra limited, addons addicted), the gameplay is frustrating and boring.

Well, that is your opinion and thats fine, but when you check reviews of DbD for example on Steam (very positive, even overwhelming at times) or other plattforms, there are not many who think like you.

The new killer is fast but is boring to master, and then get caught on the walls before hitting ok, no more frustration... That's why players give up.

Maybe, i can not tell... he is not even live yet, neither has anybody played him enough to really make a fair statement about him. Remember back when people said that clown was OP? Or that Nurse was too weak (with up to 7 blinks btw).. i for my part wait until i will judge.

Deathslinger is easily contrapted, Oni too, the slightest obstacle makes these killers the worst killers they depend on their powers!

Also that is just your opinion and i also fear you might be pretty alone who would claim that those 3 are not very powerful. It might be that you are a console killer and you can not abuse the power of Deathslinger because of the controler or whatever, but yes, on PC he is just sick in chases. Same with Oni and Pyramid Head, they are just really really strong, i dont know how strong a killer has to become that he is good in your eyes. 4K every round with ease? Idk man.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

"DBD has become very toxic and very frustrating for the killer"

It always has been like this. Nothing has changed.

• Talmeer

Depending of which killer you play or face and which perks the killer has, or the survivor I would also acknowledge this.

But what me matters... Well I was also always be more a fun player. I am it even today, where I just do a few games in some months.

I was a bit shoked to read from the devs, that they have thought about what is necessary for a killer, because this mindest often excludes the fun thing. A problem my favorite killer suffers under imo and also some other killers.

Would DBD designed after my thoughts, survivors like killers could have some op abilities/perks, just so that the people can also have a bit of fun.

I just don't see DBD as a game where you have always to play serious and always for that 4k, or an escape. If the time on the map was fun, I do not care what the entity thinks of me^^. I wish that would be a more common mindset.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

This game is not old, not popular, but with the time it will change. I meet a lot of level 1-5, never the same player (no costum clothes)... I would like the source of the 250 players..🤣

"Also that is just your opinion and i also fear you might be pretty alone who would claim that those 3 are not very powerful. It might be that you are a console killer and you can not abuse the power of Deathslinger because of the controler or whatever, but yes, on PC he is just sick in chases. Same with Oni and Pyramid Head, they are just really really strong, i dont know how strong a killer has to become that he is good in your eyes."

It is not the material that makes the person but the person. With Ghostface, for example, I was winning a lot of games but I was also getting reports my Xbox profile was almost on "avoid me".. Against a team that tests you and knows the game you can have a mouse and a keyboard you won't stand a chance (except for one mistake), that's why you win their mistakes, not because you're good, it's the game 1 vs 4.

Exactly, and it's a small part of the DBD population that migrates on RE resistance... tomorrow maybe it will be much more than that ! How many players do I come across with DBD perks on their profiles?

Players games 🤣

Ps: I don't know why the developers have created this new killer, I don't understand anything i'm confused...

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

"Ps: I don't know why the developers have created this new killer, I don't understand anything i'm confused..."

The moment I heard that a new DLC was going out in the PTB too soon I was like: "No god please, it's too soon, probably something of low effort will appear".

And that was exactly what happened with the new killer :)

• cranzer
    cranzer Member Posts: 26

I like dbd too, but vermintide is just a better game. When I get off work it's either run against red teams that I can't catch unless I play spirit or slaughter thousands of rats and burn chaos warriors alive. I would play dbd more if ai was an option.

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315

They need to add tony the pimp from demons.

• xEa

I posted the source... but okay, here we go again. 250 on average, 517 peak. Numbers dont lie.