Who else is kind of getting tired of DS and the Hatch?

2»

Comments

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@fcc2014 said:

@SpaceCoconut said:
    Just ended a match where I did very well and the last person alive happened to be the obsession who DS'd and found the hatch right nearby.

The match prior 2 had died and I downed one near a gate, the hatch placement was known. I carry the downed towards a hook and DS'd. They make it to the gate and escape while the other waited by the hatch to escape once it opened.

I just felt robbed since there was no skill involved in their escape and rather than being outplayed, I was just a victim of bad gameplay mechanics.

It just feels bad, and I'm getting very tired of it.
    Anyone else?

you were outplayed though had you got them sooner they would have used DS early. When you lose a hook to ds yes it sucks but it has been a part of this game for a long time. Don't blame the hatch or ds for your failures.

There is a difference between inbalanced and failure. Something that you haven't figured out yet, apparently.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Vietfox said:
    Grow up. If u want 4K slug the 3rd one and go kill the 4th one.
    Coming to the forums just to tell us how frustrated u are is childish.

They said they downed one person at the open door, so here is the situation now.

Survivor is downed at door, you aren't able to carry them far enough from the door without them getting off your shoulder. You can't down them and leave them because they can crawl out causing the hatch to open before you get to it. 2 survivors are getting out either way.

Also, this is a Forum, it is meant for feedback, ideas, etc. They gave their feedback on something they didn't see as fair or balanced. All in all this post is fine. You are the one in the wrong.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    Grow up. If u want 4K slug the 3rd one and go kill the 4th one.
    Coming to the forums just to tell us how frustrated u are is childish.

They said they downed one person at the open door, so here is the situation now.

Survivor is downed at door, you aren't able to carry them far enough from the door without them getting off your shoulder. You can't down them and leave them because they can crawl out causing the hatch to open before you get to it. 2 survivors are getting out either way.

Also, this is a Forum, it is meant for feedback, ideas, etc. They gave their feedback on something they didn't see as fair or balanced. All in all this post is fine. You are the one in the wrong.

@BigBadPiggy
    In that case just accept it, killer let them open that door. And if there wasn't any hatch, one door (at least) was open already, so most probably both would had managed to escape anyway.
    In other words, in this case killer would still have 2K with or without a hatch. So it's pointless to complain about it.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@SpaceCoconut I always found DS a minor inconvenience. Best if I down the Obsession first, and even if I'm not running Enduring, it takes a few secs to recover, then I can go ahead and down him again. Getting hit by DS 4 times a game is a slightly different story, but with the ones who are not Obsessions are not such a big deal, you can usually make it to the next hook. Just assume they all run it (if SWF), and waste no time getting to the nearest hook.
    Frankly, a good looper can waste way more of your time than a one time use perk. That's much more annoying - of course that can be countered too, but in general, that's much more of a threat to a killer than DS.

As for the Hatch: I really don't get all these complains about it. Some of you guys are so fixated on getting a 4K. Hatch is quite a nice idea: I like that it is quite challenging for the killer to get the last one alive. And as survivor, this is one of the most exciting parts of the game: only me and the Killer competing to find the Hatch first, lots of sneaking, lots of guessing (OMG DOES HE HAVE WHISPERS?!). And it' so much fun to watch him jealously guarding it while I 99% two generators, pop them in quick succession, then sneak to the hatch while he stumbles between the last gen and the exit gates. Stealth can be so tense.
    Also: anyone, who spends more than 30 sec with a hatch standoff should get a life. Either just let the last survivor go, or go for the jump and let the killer catch you. At this point, both the killer and the last survivor most likely have secured their pip. I don't understand why anyone would waste time standing there, waiting for the other to move.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Vietfox said:
    “Game is in the best state it’s ever been for Killers. Quit whining” ~ Bias Survivor players 2018.

It’s just a sad fact. Developers have fixed quite a bit of the broken stuff for Survivors, but there is still broken stuff. Gen Rush, Hatch, DS, SC, SB (which the exhaustion nerf didn’t even effect it. Actually getting a buff now you can SB off hook every single time and use the I-Frames from it with impunity.)

Just because they fixed some of the broken stuff, Survivors will say that Killers should “be fine” now with whatever stuff is still broken in their favor, cause there used to be even more.
    @SovererignKing
    The only stuff which needs to be fixed are whiny killers' skills.
    I've been maining a hag lately and only in 1 out of 20 matches last survivor managed to get the hatch.
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    -Ruin, Deerstalker, MYC, NOED
    Rank 1 means nothing now, I made a discussion about this. Just because out had "20" good matches does not mean this game is balanced 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    “Game is in the best state it’s ever been for Killers. Quit whining” ~ Bias Survivor players 2018.

It’s just a sad fact. Developers have fixed quite a bit of the broken stuff for Survivors, but there is still broken stuff. Gen Rush, Hatch, DS, SC, SB (which the exhaustion nerf didn’t even effect it. Actually getting a buff now you can SB off hook every single time and use the I-Frames from it with impunity.)

Just because they fixed some of the broken stuff, Survivors will say that Killers should “be fine” now with whatever stuff is still broken in their favor, cause there used to be even more.
    @SovererignKing
    The only stuff which needs to be fixed are whiny killers' skills.
    I've been maining a hag lately and only in 1 out of 20 matches last survivor managed to get the hatch.
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    -Ruin, Deerstalker, MYC, NOED
    Rank 1 means nothing now, I made a discussion about this. Just because out had "20" good matches does not mean this game is balanced 
    @xxaggieboyxx
    Pls cellphone users, learn already that replies from cellphones don't send the notification by default, u gotta @me.
    That being said, i agree on rank 1 means nothing, but everyone seems to rely on that so do i. Besides, rank 1 is the best we can achieve unless devs improve rank system.
    PS: game is probably more balanced than u think.
  • JoannaVO

I think saying that rank 1 does not mean anything is completely incorrect. The correct way to say it is that somebody who has rank 1 does not necessarily have to be so damn good to survive because they can rely on offerings, add-ons and perks. Obviously somebody who has rank 1 has a bigger scale of map and game knowledge by all the hours they have put in the game which can help them survive too.

@Vietfox What makes you get the conclusion that the game is balanced..? I'm pretty curious and I think the majority of the community who plays both sides is too.

• Vietfox
    JoannaVO said:

I think saying that rank 1 does not mean anything is completely incorrect. The correct way to say it is that somebody who has rank 1 does not necessarily have to be so damn good to survive because they can rely on offerings, add-ons and perks. Obviously somebody who has rank 1 has a bigger scale of map and game knowledge by all the hours they have put in the game which can help them survive too.

@Vietfox What makes you get the conclusion that the game is balanced..? I'm pretty curious and I think the majority of the community who plays both sides is too.

@JoannaVO
    Because there are many complains from killer mains that are not an issue to me at all, and i'm not the only one who thinks that way.
    What kind of complains? Hatch, mechanics, certain killers, etc...
    I would @ some killer mains who think the same way but i don't want to bother them, but if they see this probably they'll say something.
  • JoannaVO

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@JoannaVO
    Because there are many complains from killer mains that are not an issue to me at all, and i'm not the only one who thinks that way.
    I would @ some killer mains who think the same way but i don't want to bother them, but if they see this probably they'll say something.

You should mention them in the discussion so your nonsense can get some kind of support. You don't bother somebody by mentioning them to hope they would support your argument, if they would...
    Currently how a survivor can get a hatch is unfair, not just for the killer, but also for a survivor. I have been in plenty of matches where I was the one to fix 2 generators so that if the situation would get worse somebody could get the hatch, and it ended up a survivor not having done much at all (escaping through hatch with 9k in total) gets the escape. For killers it's unfair too because as the last one alive a survivor has to do nothing more but hide and walk through the map until they find the hatch. '
    ''Mechanics''? Which mechanics do you exactly mean? Decisive Strike? I think saying that Decisive Strike is all okay and that killers should stop moaning about it is a argument only supported by survivors not owning much skill in their pocket. Now please, YOU come and tell me why YOU think it's balanced. Like I asked you because you've said it's earlier. Now it's more like I have to explain why I think the opposite, with which I have no problem nor do I need to involve anybody in it because I fully support my own argument based on the experience I have got in the time I have spend in the game.

• Vietfox
    edited October 2018
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@JoannaVO

You should mention them in the discussion so your nonsense can get some kind of support. You don't bother somebody by mentioning them to hope they would support your argument, if they would...
    Currently how a survivor can get a hatch is unfair, not just for the killer, but also for a survivor. I have been in plenty of matches where I was the one to fix 2 generators so that if the situation would get worse somebody could get the hatch, and it ended up a survivor not having done much at all (escaping through hatch with 9k in total) gets the escape. For killers it's unfair too because as the last one alive a survivor has to do nothing more but hide and walk through the map until they find the hatch. '
    ''Mechanics''? Which mechanics do you exactly mean? Decisive Strike? I think saying that Decisive Strike is all okay and that killers should stop moaning about it is a argument only supported by survivors not owning much skill in their pocket. Now please, YOU come and tell me why YOU think it's balanced. Like I asked you because you've said it's earlier. Now it's more like I have to explain why I think the opposite, with which I have no problem nor do I need to involve anybody in it because I fully support my own argument based on the experience I have got in the time I have spend in the game.

@JoannaVO
    Stopped reading at "nonsense"
    Get better and then come talk to me
    EDIT: are u on ps4? Lets do some KYF, i'm ######### tired of people complaining too much about how unbalanced is the game when it's actually not.
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited October 2018
    It's funny how Vietfox basically said I'm not listening to your arguments anymore let's take this outside and fight and I'll prove you wrong.

This is why you recognize and ignore these types of people.
  • elementira
    elementira Member Posts: 27
    @Vietfox I wouldn't mind KYF or some SWF need someone to play with ^^
  • Vietfox
    edited October 2018
    It's funny how Vietfox basically said I'm not listening to your arguments anymore let's take this outside and fight and I'll prove you wrong.

This is why you recognize and ignore these types of people.
    I explained several times why it's not as bad as people think and people keep complaining. Ofc there's a moment when i just get tired of it, that's why i decided to go for a KYF and prove her wrong.
  • Vietfox
    @Vietfox I wouldn't mind KYF or some SWF need someone to play with ^^
    @elementira
    Then add me, my psn is in my profile :wink:
  • JoannaVO

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

JoannaVO said:

@JoannaVO

@JoannaVO
    EDIT: are u on ps4? Lets do some KYF, i'm [BAD WORD] tired of people complaining too much about how unbalanced is the game when it's actually not.

You seriously stop reading when somebody else gives you their opinion? Weak. Smells like victory to me.

• Vietfox
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

JoannaVO said:

@JoannaVO

@JoannaVO
    EDIT: are u on ps4? Lets do some KYF, i'm [BAD WORD] tired of people complaining too much about how unbalanced is the game when it's actually not.

You seriously stop reading when somebody else gives you their opinion? Weak. Smells like victory to me.

@JoannaVO
    Offered u a KYF match since you simply don't wanna get it when using words. Yeah, exactly like a victory.
  • JoannaVO

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

JoannaVO said:

I think saying that rank 1 does not mean anything is completely incorrect. The correct way to say it is that somebody who has rank 1 does not necessarily have to be so damn good to survive because they can rely on offerings, add-ons and perks. Obviously somebody who has rank 1 has a bigger scale of map and game knowledge by all the hours they have put in the game which can help them survive too. @Vietfox What makes you get the conclusion that the game is balanced..? I'm pretty curious and I think the majority of the community who plays both sides is too. @JoannaVO

@JoannaVO

@JoannaVO
    Offered u a KYF match since you simply don't wanna get it when using words. Yeah, exactly like a victory.

Exactly, I don't get your explanation which is why I asked you to explain but you refused which means you gave up on the argument. KYF proves literally nothing, If you're so good as you say you are, you can also make a video and post it here. I don't want to go and waste my time playing a KYF match so you can avoid explaining me why you think the game is balanced, that's not how you have arguments friend.