The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Diversion and Spies

Anyone else sad that spies from the shadows just got even worse because you can't trust random sound notifications now? I know people used to say they wanted spies to have a different notification sound, and now that's starting to sound even better.

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018

I've seen a video of someone using Spies, and it just looks too distracting. I've thought of an idea to rework it.

OLD: The Crows found in the world can communicate directly with you. 50/50/75 % of the time, cawing Crows give you a visual clue when you are within a 16/24/36 meters.
    "In the shadows they torment, scarring our minds with each scream."

NEW: The Crows found in the world are easily startled by survivors. The chances of survivors disturbing crows is increased by 0/25/50%, and reduces the chances of the killer disturbing crows by 0/25/50%. Cawing crows can be heard from an additional 8/16/24 meters away. Stillness crows will congregate 50% sooner.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I saw a lot suggestion about a Spies rework. The one I liked the most was:
    The Crows found in the world can communicate directly with you. Auras of Crows are revealed to you when within a range of 24/32/40 metres. Reduces chances of alerting Crows by 100 %.

That would make it a nice tracking perk with active tracking instead of relying on notifications. Still not 100% strong, but clearly beginner friendly.

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2018

I don't get why people think spies in the shadow is bad... to me it's the best perk in mid ranks (15-5). I found so many survivors trying to hide thanks to this perk. On contrary, I feel like crows are useless without this perk since it's really hard to know if it is you or a survivor who bother a crow, based on the sound (visually, it's clear, but it has to be in front of you ...).
    I guess I need a 7.1 headset to be able to feel the difference, but in stereo, clearly, it's impossible to distinguish a crow I bother from a crow a survivor bothered.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Spies has been pretty bad for a long time. In my opinion there's much better options right now. Since crouching survivors don't startle crows anymore it only seens to notify of the survivor running through them.. that you're currently chasing. 
  • palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Spies has been pretty bad for a long time. In my opinion there's much better options right now. Since crouching survivors don't startle crows anymore it only seens to notify of the survivor running through them.. that you're currently chasing. 

I think you'll still sometimes scare crows even if you're crouching when you go as close as possible to them. I remember doing it a few times while crouching around a rock.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    palotheas said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

I think you'll still sometimes scare crows even if you're crouching when you go as close as possible to them. I remember doing it a few times while crouching around a rock.

I've heard that they only get scared if the survivors standing up and never while crouching. Unless the survivor directly makes contact with it such as stepping on it. I'm not entirely sure though. 
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It would be very nice if spies from the shadows prevented Diversion from alerting you, a total counter to it.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited October 2018
    Survivors basically have to intentionally startle crows in order for Spies to work.