Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game is unplayable for new players!

I just purchased the game a few days ago and I am having a really hard time enjoying it! I keep getting matched against people who have much more experience than me. Why is the game matching people who have been playing for hundreds and thousands of hours against new people like me?

Suggestion:

Build an adaptive que depending on the amount of players playing at specific time hours, at heavy traffic match people accordingly, if it is during low hours than match a little more loosely. That way I can at least play during some hours of the day.

The game is currently unplayable for new players and I do not recommend it to anyone. It literally feels like a spit in my face, I feel like new players are just food for experienced players and 90% of the time you are matched against someone who completely dominates you, making for a very unpleasant experience!

Comments

• Equalizerg
    Equalizerg Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020

Yeah, this is totally true. Some people says that waiting for a match is worst, but matchmaking is so key to have a good experience. You re right. As killer sometimes queues are long, but just play survivor that day then... its not that hard. gl hf mate

• Davidex93
    Davidex93 Member Posts: 63

To me is not ever happened to find a 15° rank killer on my match but it happened i find low ranks as Killer.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Sorry to hear that from you. We can only hope they fix the MMR to get it out soon.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

Well they tried releasing skill based matchmaking (mmr) but people complained that everything was so much worse. Now they have reverted that and people are begging for it back but i can garentee that if mmr comes back people will complain. The devs are in a tough spot right now do they release mmr and make people unhappy? Or do they not release and make people unhappy? No matter what the devs chose people will not be happy so my suggestion for them would be to do what they think is best because lets be honest the forums are super biased and will always want one side worse than another. Also some advice to get better and learn more would be to look behind you while vaulting and to use perks like spinechill that give good info.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

The problem with mmr was that at the start everyone was given a set amount of points.

No placement matches, no points based on playtime... there was nothing.