What drives you to keep playing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Duniek94
    Duniek94 Member Posts: 19
    Options

4 SWF gen rush ending game till 5min still not poping down from 1's rank killer is 10k points at end of the game

• xOMNISCIENTx
    xOMNISCIENTx Member Posts: 64
    Options

Not the dc ers, tunnelers, or lame games thats for sure. I like looping killers I guess.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Still enjoyed it, thirsty for bloodpoints, and for my 3,5 years survivor-killer grind.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

It definitely is a gamble. Some days I have games where I'll be matched against people far more experienced than me, and other days I'll have matches where everything will go just right. It's almost like the game does this on purpose to ensure that you don't abandon it completely! 😄

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

I've suspected the same myself, but then again i played raid shadow legends for almost a year and their suspicious lootbox drops every time I stopped spending for a month or two and only did cb and barely rushed through dailies most days even made me paranoid. Now I look at any binge of good fortune/luck suspiciously especially at periods my interest declines and the login frequency, durations and activity while on games can show it to devs and their algorithms. The matrix has you.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

It's a good social game. I also love those moments where you make a really excellent play - you feel like you're on top of the world.

It's kind of like golf for me in a weird way. That's also a good social game where I live for those rare moments of brilliance. Like, I might average a triple bogey, but if I hit a couple great shots and make some good contact I still leave the course in a good mood and wanting to play more.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Thank God this game doesn't have loot boxes. I don't play multiplayer games, but I made an exception with DBD. But if this game ever starts creeping into that territory, I'll drop it like a bad habit.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

my love for everything horror I do get fun games sometimes.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah that's the downside with this game. Sometimes you can get games that are really fun(!), even if you lose, but the matchmaking ensures that most of the time you're matched with people far outside your skill level. I don't mind losing, but I don't want to be steamrolled either.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Nothing, I'm starting to drift away from dbd. Hello Friday the 13th!

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248
    Options

I burnt out about 4 times playing this game and everytime I come back its always better than I remember. I recently came back after 2 months just because I heard of mmr. Sure it wasn't good but was entertained.

Point is that it's always healthy taking breaks and realizing that it is all better.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options
  • SweetTerror
    edited August 2020
    Options

It's definitely important to take breaks, I couldn't agree more on that! Unfortunately those breaks are what proved to be detrimental to DBD. Every month there's a rank reset, and should you stop playing for a number of months you'll be reset all the way back to 20 despite not being a true rank 20.

This is why having a ranking system built around skill was important to have. Hopefully the devs can fix the MMR and get it back up and running.

Post edited by SweetTerror on
  • Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

This is a good question. I enjoy the game (sometimes), I enjoy the clothes and characters overall, I have invested a lot of time already and so I keep playing. Also, my friends play the game too and sometimes we play together (they usually play less days than me, but we enjoy when we can play together and see who will mess things up and end up making us all die)

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166
    Options

I like the concept of asymmetric games. Evolve was a blast, and deep (the shark game) also.

• SweetTerror
    Options

This game is definitely more enjoyable with friends. There just needs to be something stronger for the killer (or possibly a nerf to survivors) to help balance the overpowered ability that is SWF.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    1. DBD is one of few games that I can play relaxed
    2. Spirit! Why? See reason number 1
  • SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

yeah ironically I picked up eso, after leaving shortly after it's beta and launch periods, when it came out with the "one tamtriel" overhaul and left it again shortly after when the lootboxes came and I saw how wiitartay their forum fanboys got over the announcement of the lootboxes coming ("crown crates" or ######### ever they called those). I went the entire last decade not feeding into any of that just to get wheeled into raid shadow legends last year lol. But we all make mistakes.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    Options

As soon as you hit the red ranks...the fun tanks

It's a shame we don't have sig lines here.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    Options

honestly, being bored of the other 3 games i play regularly,i ll be like playing one game, then say "uh... i wanna play this one now" and so on until i go to dbd, it takes roughly one dbd game to jump to another one of the 4 games if i get tunneled or camped

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

When forgetting about it's problems, I love this game so much and it's pretty much my favourite online game. The characters have a good design (both killers and survivors), unlike a lot of other online games who have a tendency to go on the obvious way. It feels very rewarding to kill a survivors or escape the trial. Perks and add-ons keep the experience fresh along with the killer's power.

• Viperion
    Viperion Member Posts: 49
    Options

As a survivor main, pulling things off like a 360, 180, window tech, dead hard play, or any other juke play, becouse its just funny and satisfying to do it.

If i go against a good killer, i still try it, not becouse i want to be toxic, but just becouse when i succeed, i get much fun out of it,

• SweetTerror
    Options

Looping is so integral to this game that it amazes me that there's still not a practice mode. The "tutorial" is such a joke that it doesn't even bother explaining survival tactics like escaping chases, or stunning Killers, etc. I love this game, but it is absolutely ridiculous that you have to turn to streamers in order to learn how to play DBD.

A single player practice mode has been requested for years, and the fact that the mobile game received one within a few months after being released, and DBD proper hasn't been given one four years after release, is so damn depressing.😔