How likely is a Resident Evil Chapter?

With the Silent Hill chapter, it seems there's more opportunities for chapters based on horror games. Obviously a top candidate for one is a Resident Evil chapter, due to the game series being one of the most popular in the horror genre.

But with Resident Evil Resistance, another asymmetrical multiplayer horror game similar to dbd, coming out a few months ago what are the chances of us getting a Resident Evil chapter?

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Yea I was going to say, if you didn't know already they're making a game that essentially competes with DBD, I don't think it's likely we see any resident evil cross over, unless Resistance fails miserably and they shut the project down then maybe there is hope.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

I'd say it may have a strong chance of becoming a reality. Capcom in fact just gave the rights to use a number of their characters as skins in a mobile game. If it does end up happening I also wouldn't be surprised if we were given a chapter similar to the Stranger Things one, with 2 survivors, a killer, and a map.

I feel as though the most likely contenders for the characters would be Chris and Jill or Leon and Claire (with one pair possibly being legendary skins). For the map I'd either say the Raccoon Police Department, or Arklay Mansion (personally I'd prefer Arklay). And finally, the killer would probably either be the Prototyrant from RE1, the Tyrant from RE2, or possibly even Nemesis from RE3.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

If that happens, I just hope Leon isn't the legendary skin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leon always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to RE crossovers even though he's the main character(s) of RE2 and RE4... you know... the ones EVERYONE says are the best, he gets shafted in favor of Chris or Jill. Don't get me wrong, I love those 2, but somebody please give Leon his due already.

Also Claire doesn't get a lot of love, get her in.

• Smoker101
    Smoker101 Member Posts: 52

Id say not likely considering that they have thier own asymmetrical game.