How often do you use blood when tracking as killer?

Cancan71
Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

I got curious after seeing a thread about Lucky Break, so I wanted to know how many people use blood on a regular basis. I know the options are a little vague but just choose what fits you best.

How often do you use blood when tracking as killer? 98 votes

I use blood all the time
9%
MandyWhite_OwlOicimaupalletsryummyParallaxjadssbrubliSandwich_JesusJasmineDragon 9 votes
I use blood most of the time
14%
Seiko300InjiDaDevilsSkirtOkkonerInnCognitoDr_TrautsBoosted_DwightUistreelGreentheNinjaGothicPrincessDeath_Syko21Name123TotemsCleanserSenyor_Yiff 14 votes
I use blood about half the time
12%
yobudddmusstang62Stanley12363butilovepizzahutjonahol2000SebaOutbreakCrowmanCitrusfruitThrowaway123DerZuntor[Deleted User]Junsuina 12 votes
I rarely use blood
47%
SnakeSound222JnnsMuVolantConch1719Cancan71Kind_LemonHertsuFINNuclearBurritoMrPenguinTaigaMookywolfDominum_vestriEnderloganYTPurgatorianTodgeweihtGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxHanselpupScary_Punk_Ghostnoname11223345OBX 47 votes
I never use blood
16%
F60_31MegaguardainWTBaconEliteManny7[Deleted User]ThisGuuy83SkullKiddarkai123RattiusAaliyahMeltingPenguinsAlakadKyloRenIR3KTheTrendNeuslockFork_In_Cock_PC 16 votes

Comments

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    I use blood all the time

All the time. Specially when the survivor got distance and stopped running, so you can follow the blood polls easily. Also helps against Iron Will for same reason.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    I rarely use blood

Only with fathers glasses spirit or if I see blood lead to a locker.

• Cancan71
    I rarely use blood

Same as me. I find that the most useful thing about blood is that it's a pretty big indicator of a survivor entering a locker.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    I never use blood

I can't F'N see it! (Ps4)

• Cancan71
    I rarely use blood

That's a big thing with blood. A lot of maps have really dark floors that hide blood very well.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    I rarely use blood

Only when searching for a silent slug

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    I rarely use blood

It’s too dark on most maps.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    I rarely use blood

A lot of maps have floors too dark to even see blood. Otherwise I usually only use it if I lose scratch marks or see some just on the floor while I'm patrolling.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

That’s on PS4. If you play mobile, scratch marks are useless and blood very bright, therefore a vital tracking tool.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    I use blood all the time

It's more precise than scratchmarks and it can't be controlled by survivors so it's an amazing tracking tool to avoid being juked.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    I rarely use blood

I'm not color blind but I can barely see it on most maps.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    I rarely use blood

I only use it on indoor maps where you can actually see it and the survivor thinks they're smart enough to end their scratches and walk around a few corners (nope lol)

• Hanselpup
    Hanselpup Member Posts: 187
    I rarely use blood

Scratch marks mask blood trails, and even when they’re walking the blood still blends in with the ground sometimes. The only time I get use out of it is whenever I see some by luck, or see a trail on the well-lit floor. When it comes down to blood, I usually lose the chase.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107
    I never use blood

I never run perks that let me see blood. I mostly use scratch marks and sounds to find Survivors.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    I never use blood

The only time blood is visible is when I have Bloodhound equipped.

The floor is too dark on most maps.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    I rarely use blood

Blood is too dark :(

• _blzbb
    _blzbb Member Posts: 4
    I rarely use blood

tbh I'm too blind to do so

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207
    I use blood all the time

All the time specially when i don't have any scratch marks to follow, and even if I do, I track the blood too.

• Switcheroo
    Switcheroo Member Posts: 48
    I rarely use blood

The only time I have ever used blood is to see where downed survivors have crawled to

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Sometimes its not necessary to follow blood trails. Either noises, scratch marks, or just plain out seeing the survivor will direct you the right way.

My way of finding people who are injured are in this order: Birds -> Noises -> Scratch marks -> Blood

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    I rarely use blood

I only use blood when tracking slugs, I just can't manage to use it properly it almost any other situation.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221
    I rarely use blood

Maps are often way too dark for blood. The only times it's ever been useful are at lockers and on indoor maps. Beyond that, I barely even notice it exists.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I almost always use blood to figure out where survivors are hiding after they stopped running.

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    I rarely use blood

I use it when I know that an injured survivor is in the area and they're not sprinting. Other than that, I don't find it reliable.

• Neuslock
    Neuslock Member Posts: 18
    I never use blood

Been honest, i havent seen blood yet couse of dark ground, i just follow the sound and marks

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    I rarely use blood

I can only see it on indoor maps or with bloodhound

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,392

I think about half sounds right. It's not the first thing I'll use, but I have caught iron will survivors trying to hide by using their blood.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    I rarely use blood

Most of the time I use sound or scratch marks, I will use it if its the most clear indication of where survivors are though.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 989
    I rarely use blood

Depends on the map. Normally, on indoor maps with clean floor such as Hawkins and The Game I much prefer looking for blood since it is much more of a precise tracking tool than scratch marks. However, on outdoor maps, mainly the ones with lots of grass, such as Yamaoka State, the Swamp and the Red Forest I simply ignore it, because it is so hard to see.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    I rarely use blood

If map is bright and there are no scratch mark and survivor has Iron Will - I will probably make use of blood.

If survivor is on the ground and I can't hear them, but can see their blood trail - I will probably make use of blood.

In all the other situations - no. Sounds, scratch marks and surroundings are way more useful.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    I rarely use blood

I rarely use it, but it's not that it's not useful, it's that most of the time scratch marks and sound are sufficient. As soon as someone tries to stealth after breaking line of sight I try to see blood where the scratch marks end.

Hemmorage is useless though.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    I rarely use blood

only if I notice it and theres nothing else to use.