Console report abuse (its worse than ever)

Players on console need restrictions their ability to report other players is being abused and i know this because my account was suspended for lies stated by angry players this needs work because its ruining other layers experiences.

Comments

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

You gotta take it up with Microsoft, along with the hundreds of thousands of other people (I presume Xbox, as Sony doesn't have a rep system).

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Are you on Xbox? Sony only bans for abusive comments Xbox seems to work of some other bs. Another user as complained a month or so back about being targeted and banned.

• Speaking from an Xbox perspective, enforcement won't ban you for a certain number of reports. They have done it in the past with clear cut video evidence supporting other peoples claims, 10 people saying you did something will not trigger a ban. The most common type of enforcement action taken is communication related such as hate messages.

Your Xbox reputation can be affected by reports and throw you into the 'needs work' or 'avoid me' category, which still does nothing to your matchmaking as DBD doesn't restrict your matchmaking using the reputation system.

The in game report system on console does nothing so it is certainly not a factor in your ban.

If you are on PS4 then idk how your system works.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

@Huntedfailure said:
    Players on console need restrictions their ability to report other players is being abused and i know this because my account was suspended for lies stated by angry players this needs work because its ruining other layers experiences.

Are you sure you haven't been an internet meanie?
    How do we know this isn't justice?

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

You could always move to PC. That will fix your reporting system for all games, not just DbD.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

You could always move to PC. That will fix your reporting system for all games, not just DbD.

I wish.. Console scrub because i have kids and cant convince wife a computer with an actual graphics card is for the kids 
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Terrortot said:
    Nightmare247 said:

I wish.. Console scrub because I have kids and can't convince wife a computer with an actual graphics card is for the kids 

Why don't you convince her it is for you, that may work better. It is not bad to be selfish sometimes. Just be open and honest. I want this! Easy. Sure I know funds may be a different story, but again, you will use it.

The other issue, unfortunately, is that the reporting system is owned by a 3rd party on the console. You cannot change the 3rd party, which is why the PC is better for that type of reporting.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I have a friend who is literally one of the friendliest people ever. He never had a ban for 7+ years on xbox. He played dbd a few months back and he got reported by angry salty players that many times he got put in needs work and was given a coms ban even though he didn't even use a mic then.

Reporting systems tend to be the more you ######### the more chance you will be heard.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Another reason not to play on consoles.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    I love PS4 ❤️
  • Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

@Rex_Huin said:

@Huntedfailure said:

Are you sure you haven't been an internet meanie?
    How do we know this isn't justice?

claiming i face camped even though i was just reloading my bottle is not me being a dick

• Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

@Nightmare247 said:

i don't want to lose all my progress and have to buy everything again

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

It'd help if you tell us what kind of suspension you got. If it was a comms ban then it's because you sent a toxic message to someone and they reported you. Xbox just doesn't ban you for getting reported, they actually look into it and then take action. Also if you get reported for fair play (unsporting behavior, quitting early, or cheating) you can't get suspended/banned for that, they only affect your rep. If your rep was hit then you should go play Minecraft or PUBG or some game with a LOT of players that most likely won't report you because your rep is dependent on the number of players you encounter versus the number of reports against you. If you have a new account, therefore, it would be a lot easier to lose rep than if you have an old account. For example, I have 25 reports against me for fair play but still have good rep because I've had my XBL account for 13 years and I've played with thousands of players.

I'm willing to bet you sent a message and got reported. That's the most common on Xbox. Just don't send messages, or block people that send hate mail. Don't respond to them.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

@AshleyWB said:
    I have a friend who is literally one of the friendliest people ever. He never had a ban for 7+ years on xbox. He played dbd a few months back and he got reported by angry salty players that many times he got put in needs work and was given a coms ban even though he didn't even use a mic then.

Reporting systems tend to be the more you ######### the more chance you will be heard.

Comms bans aren't just for mics. In fact, most people on XBox who get comms-banned sent simple "text" messages that were deemed offensive. To put it clearly, you need to avoid swearing, calling people names, harassment, death threats, etc. Basically if it's something you wouldn't say in front of your grandmother, it's probably something Microsoft will flag.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    didn't I bring this up l lol it works great against camping killers. 

I love Microsoft for this as I report players all the time after game