Hex Totem should have the appearence of a Dull Totem

Options
psionic
psionic Member Posts: 670
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

It will make the match more exciting, it will slowdown generators and automatically buff all the hex perks that right now are easily counterable.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

I disagree.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

That would be annoying for the survivors. Hex: Undying was made to deal with bad ruin spots a bit. And if undying is in a bad spot then it's highly likely the ruin isn't.

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

Have you seen the hexes on Lery's? You cant find those as is, let alone the ones that are actually in use, and now you wanna make them all "dull"???? Sir, no. Just, no.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

I'd be fine with that if the Totems lit up immediately when interacted with.

But always? No.

• Esperiae
    Esperiae Member Posts: 75
    Options

Hex: Undying fixes a lot of totem woes and the new placements too. An Interesting thing with Hex: Undying is that if itself is cleansed, it just moves over to another dull totem. Basically all hexes just move to dull totems until all of them are destroyed.

Another interesting suggestion is to add a Killer offering that increases amount of totems that spawn in a match.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

Agree. 15 totems with Hex: Undying and you need to cleanse all before repairing a gen

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493
    Options
  • Hollyleaf12
    Hollyleaf12 Member Posts: 37
    Options

Like others have said its more that totems just need to be hidden better, and if whatever build you are running is reliant on whatever Hex perk you are running to win, there is Thrill of the Hunt, and now Undying to help you defend them.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

but then they would never cleanse my haunted grounds

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 953
    Options

Wow. Are you sure Undying respawns itself? That's actually insane.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    Options

Some Hex really need that light up only when Killer starts to have a use of it. Example a Survivor gets the 1st skill check with Huntress lullaby 1 token. Devour hope in this case would light up when Killer gets 2 tokens, then Expose should be increased from 3 to 4 token.

Beside, for me totems placement is much better in newer graphic, since the grass/plant are more dense, even it stay in the middle of grass

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Ahh, yes. The Hex perk that holds back all other Hex perks with its stupidity

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

They already kind of did that.

In the PTB (assuming this isn't a bug) lit totems are way more subtle and not as bright anymore, you need to be really close to see if its lit or not.

These two are hex totems.

Of course it could also just be a bug with the light sources, since the PTB had many bugs in general.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Are you playing on high or low settings?

I recently rewatched a YouTube video about a drinking game stream and saw 3 of the streamers with normal dark and detailed graphics and the 4th guy with ultra bright and low detail settings.

From what I sometimes read in this forum, there are many people intentionally lowering the graphics for either better framerates and I think more often better vision in-game.

Like old quake player use basic graphics to see better.

The stretched res thing is a topic for itself and already discussed in other threads multiple times.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

Yep I am playing on low to get consistent FPS

Do you by chance have a screenshot of a PTB totem on higher settings? Really curious if that actually affects the totem appearence on the PTB, since it looks fine on live.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

No sry, while I play on high for the looks and atmosphere (pc btw), I don't play on the ptb.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    edited August 2020
    Options

i wouldnt care about that change, because i cleanse all totems anyway. And hidding totems better doesnt work, because its just a patch until you know the new totem spots.

Also, i hope that the visibility of the game does not change with the graphic setting once we get the graphic update. Visibility is a part of the game where hidding is an option, and just changing that is no different to speedhacking in my opinion.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

This should be the effect of that new, poorly designed hex perk that moves around hex totems instead of what it does currently. See other posts for arguments.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276
    Options

This is a genuine dumb idea, thrill of the hunt would finally become relevant; yes but this is still a dumb idea. It would side-track everyone's main game to finding all hex/dull totems which are hard as is. It would be an easy game because you'd KNOW where your totem is and you could just camp it or go down survivors trying to figure out which ones are which. It'd suck from top to bottom.

My way of knowing where hex totem's are is by listening. ALL Hex Totem make a sound whenever they're lit, it's a little low but you can hear it. It sounds like those dumpster fires you'd find in the groaning storehouse. Making hex totem's look like dull totems would make it impossible to get rid of those annoying perks. I would've said ruin, but ruin is easy to counter now; back then it was a bmtch. TOTH, DH, HL. These would be the most annoying perks if your idea went into place.

• Ferixstar
    Ferixstar Member Posts: 48
    Options

I actually love this. The candles being lit underneath and the whole thing isn’t aflame and bright like a beacon. I hope that’s part of the update.

I don’t know how many times I’ve started out a trial and could pick out a hex totem from a distance before I had control of my character.