Force crossplay or remove it entirely

I was really enjoying crossplay on pc, it was nice having my queue times reduced and my matches felt more balanced, despite the mmr fix completely failing previously.

Now that it's been a bit tho, I can see that basically all the console players are reporting that they've turned off crossplay. Except of course the toxic high rank console players who now are infesting my games and are just as bad as the toxic high rank pc players who previously made me entirely uninstall and stop playing this game.

The game felt more casual with the lower rank console players, but they've all left and now I'm stuck between choosing between a queue pool of toxic high rank console and pc players or toxic high rank pc players. The low rank, non-sweaty console players have abandoned crossplay.

Please force everyone into crossplay instead of offering people the opt-out. You're going to have a harder time fixing matchmaking if you have so many separate pools of players that you could easily join together. This game was fun again for like a week and now I have killers face-camping hooks and console swf groups bodyblocking hooks (when is that going to be removed as a strat??).

Comments

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Sounds like you actually need to focus on improving your skill. Crossplay should never be forced. Not every swf is toxic.

Take a break every now and then.

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

And here i was hoping for them to improve cross play by having checks marks for each platform so anyone could uncheck which platforms they would want. Of course being a console player seeing pc players always have a huge advantage in most games.

• Evilskinny
    Evilskinny Member Posts: 8

I liked cross play up until the point that I get disconnected and have to wait 30 mins to play again which is happening a few times a night so cross play is deactivated for this reason alone

• TheForgotten
    TheForgotten Member Posts: 60

How about no and instead we just let this horrible game die? Sounds good to me. Let it die.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

The option is there for a reason - some players might just prefer to not play crossplay and opt out of it. Plus from what I have seen, people still get plents of people from different platforms to play again. It's not something that's being looked into to be removed. There are also certain rules that have to be considered with respective platforms themselves.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

They couldn't force it even if they want it to, at least Sony requires an opt-out. They also require a notification every time you start up that cross-play is enabled.

• Write_By_Daylight
    Write_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126

Or you could; idk.

Not have Opted out Survivors wait twenty years to find other player who opted out.

And instead draw them into the same players who opted in?

It's not rocket science.