Things we hate

Now, instead of one of those "let's list the things we love about blank," I'm starting a list of everything we hate. To put all the anger and spite from the GG EZ Claudettes and facecamping Bubba's at 5 gens.

Write a long paragraph about all 68 survivor perks or a short statement talking about a certain killer with two certain perks.

So to start us off, fake pallets. I hate them. They aren't op, but the feeling of "I'm going to make it to the pallet" only for it to explode into a pool of blood makes me wanna die

Comments

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

I hate entitled killers who believe the game should be centered around their happiness and their convenience when survivors clearly out weigh killers by a long shot and it makes sense to cater to the majority.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I hate all the imaginary rules people make up in this community. I bought the game, I should be allowed to camp, tunnel, and genrush as I please. I hate it when people call the devs biased, they're clearly working hard to appease both "sides".

• Waffleyumboy

But not all swf bring sweat builds...that's why there are so many rebuttals to people who complain about swf as a whole. Kind of dense of you to not realize this simple fact by now.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

I hate survivor the fact they always get the best killer perk nerf with their complain while they still have the same 6 best perk for 2 years and the dev dont look at them because they want to play favorite with the main player base

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Ironic how you make a post about imaginary rules, then call me dense for stating my opinion in a thread about things we personally hate. High horse, much?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Salt. I mean, I get it. You lost, and you want to have some semblance of control...but to be honest when I play I have Pyrovision towards the survivors unironically. I imagine you giggling as the Entity devours your soul and then you come at me post game with a SWEATY TRYHARD REEEE. Same with gg ez when I'm on the losing end.

It takes me out of my zen zone.

Oh I also hate when the situation is entirely hopeless. Like, you're in the dying state and the killer just closed the hatch. Feels bad man.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

Lmao I love dream pallets, it feels so good to get a hit off of them when playing as Freddy. Especially if its a survivor who has been screwing with you the whole game 🤣

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Things I hate:

The grind

How survivors and killers refuse to see things from the other side

When a BPS or Cake is offered and I die too early

Mori's and Keys

Styptics and BNPs

Doing 4 totems and then getting hit by NoED

Getting hit by Decisive Strike because someone decided to be a hero and thought they were invincible instead of waiting to go for a safe unhook

Getting farmed off the hook by teammates and hit by killers and then immediately rehooked

Seeing teammates DC

Seeing opponents DC

The toxicity

How bad I am at looping (on both sides)

That Killers get a lot of cool cosmetics they never get to see

That Jason is tied up in a lawsuit and he can't come to DBD yet

That they probably won't add Parasite Eve Chapter

Survivors who teabag, killers who smack you on the hook for no good reason

• Waffleyumboy

What's not dense about completely ignoring facts and blindly hating people? Genuinely curious about this.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I don't like the hill glitch.

I don't like teammates who sandbag.

I don't like getting caught right away.

I don't like when a perk I really want seems to never come on a bloodweb.

• Rivyn

Why are you trying to turn this into a debate?

Where did you get 'blindly hating people?' Can I not dislike an action or implementation of a gaming mechanic, without 'blindly hating' the person? They can't be exclusive? Rather insulting to place a blanket statement, I would think.

Where in my comment did I come off as 'completely ignoring facts?' I made a statement, eighteen words only, and you went digging for gold. I understand the idea behind SWF. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Am I obligated to like everything set before me, just because I 'know the facts' behind it? Of course not.

Now, can we get back to the more light hearted idea behind this thread, or do you want to continue name slinging.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited August 2020

Second chance perks.

There happens to be much more of them on the survivor side, but I want them all heavily nerfed/reworked on both sides. I think they're way too strong to where they overshadow the other perks that exist and are simply unhealthy for the game in general.

• Waffleyumboy

What name did I call you? Dense? Of course someone who forgets the name of the thread they're writing on is dense. The thread is called "things we hate", so I naturally assumed that you hated the thing you wrote on the thread. I call this hate blind because there is no logical reason to hate the thing, and I like to try to quell any illogical hate I come across. The only thing light hearted about hating things is the understanding of the impact of hate that people in this community seem to have. Sorry if you didn't like being called dense, but I can't find another word that describes your thought process right now. Feel free to correct me if I have been mistaken during any point of this conversation, I wouldn't want to start a "debate" on this "light hearted" thread. :)

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Hey you're the same guy that responded to every single post on that other rant thread a few days ago.

Very smol pp energy.

• Waffleyumboy

Nice to see I'm finally getting some recognition for my efforts :)

• Rivyn

Amazing how you're still continuing this. What, can't accept that somebody else has a different opinion than you? Or are you intentionally trying to bait. Either way, you have your view, I have mine, and I'm not inclined to share more from someone who seems to take glee in garnering 'recognition for their efforts' by being obtuse.

---

Now, on to another thing that frustrates me..

Devs slow speed when it comes to fixhing bugs. Or their inability to keep them fixed. The sound bug has been around forever, and this hill bug is getting real old, real fast.

• Waffleyumboy

I would also hate those things, but I understand from the view of a programmer how hard it can be to fix bugs. A thing that I really hate is when the last 2 survivors make no effort to fix the gens and instead hide for as long as possible. Idle crows should really also be used to encourage survivors to push the game towards its conclusion.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I hate looping. It's so boring. It's so so so boring. IT'S SO BORING.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 971

Things I hate:

Someone who knows exactly how I feel and posts the exact same thing I'd exactly say and how I fully agree to it word for word and I didn't do it first 🥴

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 971

Dream pallets are more valid to the system. Folk just dunno how to implement dream snares.. seen too many streams they leave more snares at gens rather than loops and under windows. They're snares. They slow running.

Pallets are great for tricking. ❤

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I hate dbd.

• Negitive
    Negitive Member Posts: 27

NOED and DS.

Rewards for failing.

Fuck. That. Nonsense.

2nd thing I hate: The lame ass excuses used to justify these ######### horrifically unbalanced piece of ######### perks.

"Just cleanse the totems 4head"

"Just don't tunnel 4head"

Both of these arguments can be summed up to:

"Just stop playing the objective of the game in order to counter these bs perks that shouldn't function the way they do right now."

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    edited August 2020

Micro pipi builds (small pipi build + soul guard).

Freddy (in general, they're #########)

Face-camper Bubas (90% of playerbase, at least that I've faced)

SWF with 4 DS, 2 unbreakables, 1 or 2 prove thyself, boxes, maps and keys.

Survivors who T-Bag and flashlight click against my baby nurse (very good, you win against a learning nurse and got as toxic as it can be, that's the kind of behaviour that creates Freddy and Stridor Spirit mains).

Killers that face-camp you/tunnel you just 'cause you looped them very well.

THE BUGS ('cmon Devs, can't you fix something without breaking 100 other things?)

The dedicated BS for both sides.

The game booting me out (or EAC) for no apparent reason.

MIDWICH.

Impossible skill checks Doc (thank you Monto).

Hex totems that spawns either in the face of the survivor or next to a gen (I've given up on using hexes)

Every coldwind map (jungle gyms intertwined, that's real BS right there AND CORN VISION).

Post edited by VSchmitt on
  •  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

I hate Keys and Moris..

• sakha
    sakha Member Posts: 66

PRESS SPACEBAR TO CONTINUE or we will dont load game, no matter you clicked dbd.exe click one more in game

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Above all else, SWF's.

They ruin the game, end of discussion. I may have minor issues with other aspects of the game but none compare to my hatred of SWF's.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

People who call you d*cks for using what's in the game. Using a mori, key, ds, noed, any of those controversial things, isn't a d*ck thing to do, it's how you use them.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

I feel like all of these are balanced. I feel the game is fine as is. It's frustrating to get moried off hook but that's life.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

all the whining... just play the game.