No Mither vs Oni

Options

You are affected by the Broken Status Effect for the duration of the Trial. Your thick blood coagulates practically instantly.

• You do not leave Pools of Blood 
  • Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 0/25/50 % at any time.
  • Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State

Let's ignore the noise reduction for a moment to consider that this perk removes the pools of blood that would normally appear for an injured survivor. What confuses me is that Oni somehow reaches into an inter-dimensional plane where he miraculously gobbles up my nonexistent / instantaneously coagulated blood. Can we like, not let Oni slurp me from the 5th dimension so I have more time to tbag at pallets?

Cool, thanks.

Comments

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144
    Options

Agreed. But the devs don't want instances where a killer is denied of his power, hence why they gave Plague a corrupt fountain at the start. Then again lets be honest, when are you going to run into 4 survivors running No Mither, and you play Oni.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options
  • RbLen
    Options

Fair enough. But the descrition of the perk is just spot on. I get gameplay must have priority over lore but man you really shouldn't give oni blood orbs based on the descrition.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

He cant be completely denied his power, because injuring survivors give him 40% of full charge and he passively can charge his power to 99%.

Also, even if Oni would get 4 No Mither survivors he would still feel better than Myers, who begin with decreased movement speed until he get out of Tier1 EW, and Myers power is useless, if he get No Mither players. :D

• RbLen
    Options

Isn't that only for healthy survivors?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

The description says nothing about blood orbs..blood pools and blood orbs are different things..the devs have decided they dont want perks and items auto countering killer powers

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Yeah this won't happen ever. If Oni went against 4 No Mithers, how is he supposed to do anything? He'd become a 1 use killer. He'd have no way to ever get his power. Explain how that would be fair?

• Dreamt_Paradise
    Dreamt_Paradise Member Posts: 5
    Options

How many matches have you played where every player was using No Mither? And then how many of those matches were against Oni specifically? If we wanna talk about perks that are debatably unfair, We could talk about Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, or even Borrowed Time.

I'm pretty much just saying the only way this change could even be somehow exploited is in your example of every survivor running No Mither who just happen to get matched up against an Oni. I don't think using this single, extremely rare example demonstrates any true unfairness in the change I proposed when compared to other often used survivor perks.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

That's like saying dcing on death hook when the killer has pop goes the weasel isnt impactful..I've lost games to that because it was when I needed pop the most, perks shouldn't affect killer powers directly..not healthy especially with the cheat to see your killer in the game

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

Its 4 no mithers... they are literally oneshottable... theres other perks that counter killers powers with no downsides. Spine chill vs ghostface and Michael slippery meat guarantees you get out of trappers traps. Calm spirit ######### doctor.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Perks that only offer slight counters. Doc can still track you even if you have Calm Spirit. He laughs regardless if you scream or not, giving away someone WAS nearby. Spine Chill just offers the chance for a survivor to know the killers looking at them, not the exact location of them. Slippery Meat just increases the chance of escaping a trap and even then, there are add-ons to reduce the chance to esape anyway. Oni's power is to speed around the map and 1 hit. Yes, No Mither guarantees a 1 hit anyway, but that would still deny his power. Oni's power isn't just the fact he can 1 shot, it's the fact he can 1 shot and speed for another. With no power, he's going to waste time searching for 3 remaining survivors while the No Mither just recovers from the floor.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

It wouldnt deny Oni's fury. He get 40% charge every time he hurt survivors + free 1% passive charge every 5s. Even if Oni go afk for 5 gens, he would still get at least 1 full charge.

Considering that all players would be one-shot whole game, thats free infinite Myers tier 3, except Myers need to charge it for 3 or 5 min. :)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    Options

I think, Oni should receive x4 the blood orb if hit. In exchange the time between 2 blood spilling from an injured survivor should extend x4 times.

I know No mither should not fully deny Oni's power. But become being tracked the whole game is not good.

If you say using OoO should not deny stealth killers power. Then whats about Trapper/Hag?

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

Hooked survivors gives two blood orbs so u can still get ur power, is just gonna take a LONG time to charge passively.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222
    Options

Yes status effects that increase bleeding don't increase blood orbs. The inconvenience that is seen from no mither, pales to what a terrible time it would be if oni could use those perks. He would never not have his power.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Oni dont absorb power from injured survivors. a perk should not be a direct counter to a specific killer and BHVR already confirmed that.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Same goes for Lucky Break. I've always thought it's silly that those don't work. I don't love making perks that are way stronger against one specific killer, like Slippery Meat, but this just makes sense lol. If I'm not leaving blood trails, how am I leaving blood orbs?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Blood that humans drip from wounds and blood extracted by a demons supernatural power are, indeed, different.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

I'm still upset wake up doesnt wake you up.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

They said why No Mither doesn't stop you from dropping blood orbs and the reason was: Perks aren't meant to counter a Killer's power.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

For real. It seems equally bonkers to me that Adrenaline DOES wake up survivors on top of its other effects.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

No Mither is such a handicap for the survivor using it that you almost never see it anyways.

I've only ever had one match with more than one No Mither: two toxic SWFs sabo'ed the only nearby hook (this was back when hooks took 3 minutes to respawn), then ran to the corner of the map any time I got close. I just kept coming back periodically to slug them and regress the gen they were working on. They ended up accomplishing nothing, as they failed to complete even that single gen. One of them bled out in the corner (lol!). The other got one-hooked when the nearby hook respawned because their teammates hated them so much they refused to help.

Long story short, I vote we just let the mithers mith.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Yes! Doesn't even need to be a lot - just needs to be something.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

A niche perk that gives you a massive disadvantage shouldn't feed the killer.

If there was a full squad of No Mithers, you'd have to be a gigantic potato to not get a single down.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241
    Options

I ran into 3 while running splintered hull and renjiro's bloody glove. Let's just say it wasn't hard to find them.

• RbLen
    Options

Close but no cigar.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795
    Options

There is an easy fix that is already implemented into the game. When Oni hits healthy survivor he gets half a bar of his power. All you would have to do is to change properties of the perk. Where No Mither user is considered as "healthy" when playing against Oni and therefore wouldnt leave blood orbs and give blood on hit.

Now idk how it is programmed into the game and i dont know what sort of consequences it would have on the game in the form of bugs...

• TecmagDiams
    TecmagDiams Member Posts: 15
    Options

In the same way that the killer picking Oni feels like it hard countered your No Mither, Calm hard counters the killer who happened to pick Doctor (he doesn't get to know where you are, nor does he deny your vaults/pallets/unhooks/clenses). The same way that Slipper Meat counters Trapper.

Think of this: Luck serves only 2 purposes in the game, unhooking yourself and escaping Trapper traps... So luck and Slippery Meat are just specific F-U to trapper because they HAPPENED to pick trapper when survivors happened to take those things.

Honestly I'm kinda okay with the existance of it since there is so much mechanically going on in the game that balancing these things out for every killer vs every perk and every perk vs every killer just isn't reasonable.

Also the whole, "Blood orbs are 'BLOOD'" argument kinda falls apart when visually and stylistically Blood Orbs are some kinda spirit world essence dropped by those who are injured.