I think that Deep Wound Useless for the Killer.

falconf1946
falconf1946 Member Posts: 12
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I don't really get the Deep Wound timer. It stops when you run that in my opinion that's now I do kinda get why it makes the gamer last a little bit longer(if you use it good enough) but if you think about it why have the timer you mend way before the timer runs out and you can stop the timer by running. In my opinion I think that the Deep Wound timer should keep going even if your running. Now i'm not saying that Deep Wound timer won't stop in a chase but i think it will put for pressure on the survivor and slow down the game a little more. But it could just be the fact that i like legion but they seem to be missing the pressure that survivor get when being chased.

Comments

• falconf1946

I'm new at this, its my first time so if i messed up please let me know i don't wan't to piss people off.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Its useless I would refer deep wound to be an status that doesnt allow you to do something for an specific ammount of time and then it goes.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Very rarely but sometimes I see those silly dilberts who forget to mend and fall down. It is hillarious. But I don't think deep wound should be stronger. Survivors hate to go against Legion for reason. And deep wound not meant to be guaranteed down.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Well but legion cant be helped unless they change power or add a new status to him.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

I really like going against legion, for me is a win 90% of the time 'cause is just "hold m1 and sit back on the gen".

Deep wounds should take more time to heal (against legion you just heal your deep wounds, never do a full heal, is useless).

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2020

As survivor i just run to a gen and do it till the bar is nearly empty then i mend.

It's an annoyance nothing more, definitely not something I'd call a deep wound if i can run indefinitely and never go down.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2020

It used to go down while running and stop while chased like you say, then Killers learned to moonwalk to put you out of chase and follow you around until you went into dying status, there are videos about it in Youtube you can check.

Mend is not supposed to down people, its supposed to stall the game a bit when used by The Legion, if you Deep Wound 3 or 4 Survivors you force them to stop fixing gens by 12 seconds, it might seem a very small time but a Legion that keeps on wounding can prolong a trial A LOT, paired with Ruin can be devastating if the totem stands for 1 or 2 minutes.

When used by the Survivors (Burrowed Time and Styptic Agent) its supposed to force you to stop and take a breather after escaping a highly dangerous situation.

When used by the Deathslinger I dont really know what it is suposed to do, the whole Killer and his power is a mess so maybe they just added the Deep Wound because why not.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

While I'll agree Deep Wounds and Legions design is pretty boring overall (for both killer and survivors) - there is a reason it was nerfed into the current state. There was a time when Deep Wounds on Legion had an even more brain dead tactic of running Bloodhound (possibly even Play with your Food for added lulz) then just moonwalking after getting a powered hit. You drop the chase then the survivor immediately starts bleeding out while you walk around looking straight at the floor to prevent another chase from starting. The result was the survivor either started mending and getting smacked or just falling over in the 30 seconds regardless of how bad the killer was or how good the survivor was.

This tactic wasn't going to get the Legion many 4Ks but it was enough to pip and just drain the fun out of the game so it was "fixed" through the current state its at now.

On another note - it's actually a misconception that people think Legion is weak, if anything his ability giving you the ability to "FIND" specific really annoying immersed survivors AND usually keep everyone in a usually noiser bloodier 1 shot state (because in theory you want survivors to be healing against you as legion to make them waste time) makes him one of the above average killers (above pig, clown and trapper). He also applies his on-hits with his power active meaning things like Hex: Third Seal and Sloppy are arguably stronger on him than on other killers. Watch Otzdarva's games and he says the same things about Legion for keeping pressure up and making people play dumber because they should always be hurt.

But once again he is "Boring" while being viable sort of like old Bubba (I actually like New Bubba a bit though his add-ons still make no sense).

• falconf1946
    edited August 2020

I get your point but they wont start bleeding in till they are out of the terror radius"Deep Wounds does not tick down in the killers Terror Radius". There for you have to be away from them or run a detectable perk which by the way legion dose not have so in that case you have to work hard to make one a teachable perk. But it dose not have to be a buff it could be a rework add-on(which might not ever happen). But that's all i'm saying is to have the Deep Wound timer add a little more pressure that's all.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Deep Wound is not intended to pressure the survivor, not since it's change last year. Now it simply exists as minor game slowdown that only really slows down the game when it suits the survivors.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Deep Wound = 12 second gen slowdown per Deep Wound (more or less). That's a lot of slow down. For example, compare it to Pop Goes the Weasel, which is a 20 second slowdown per use and is one of the more popular killer perks. If you inflict two Deep Wounds that's like getting more than one Pop trigger.

The reason it's effectively a gen slowdown is simply that a survivor can't ignore it, they have to mend or they will go into the dying state. And the time they spend mending is that much time they could have otherwise been doing a gen.

So even though hardly anybody ever actually going into the dying state from Deep Wound unless they are extremely careless it's still a useful status effect.