Survivor mains, what do you find fun about playing survivor?

Paces007
Paces007 Member Posts: 32
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Now don't take this negatively, this is a genuine question since im trying to take a small break from killer and since i don't have any friends who play DbD so i can't play SWF, so... what do you find fun about playing survivor or how can i make my survivor gameplay more fun?

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Looping the killer

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Stop taking it seriously. If you play core survivor the way it is meant to be played you just hold M1 on generators and learn loops to stall the killer. Go for risky saves, learn tiles and how to link them together before you even get into a chase. Make fun of your teammates after they go down in 2 seconds. I don't even care if I survive and just do whatever and I find survivor enjoyable.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I'm in the same boat, and am finding SoloQ survivor absolutely terrible. Especially at these baby ranks, which is where I am since I don't play Survivor much.

So, looking forward to replies.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I’m bad at this game in both roles, so don’t judge.

As Survivor, I enjoying evading the Killer for as long as possible and the rush that comes with potentially being discovered and the thrill when they do discover me and chase me. But yea, I enjoy the hide and seek aspect of the game.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Honestly? It's the narrow misses.

I run a build that is altruism based, but not moronic altruism.

I run perks that help me avoid the killers path because i suuuuuuck at chases, but I'm pretty damn good about getting people unhoooked and healed within record time, safely, and without the use of BT.

I love those moments when you are but a killers head turn from being discovered. I don't go into a game thinking me escaping = win. I see myself as a mobile ambulance, and its my job to get as many out as possible, even if you are trying to help lemmings.

Occasionally I'll throw on a locker build with quick and quiet, just for that confused few seconds of the killer trying to figure out where I've gone.

My way of playing may not be as interesting for those that enjoy the chase more, and that's totally cool. But if you like to play stealthy and actually like to be useful, the ambulance build has a lot of utility.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I started out solo q survivor and found that the Killers I messaged after game were pretty receptive to trying a few swf matches with me. There's probably lots of killer mains who want to give swf a try, why not try friend requesting/messaging the non-toxic ones you meet in match?

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

hiding and evading the killer until I escape.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Absolutely nothing, but I keep playing.

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

Being a potato survivor and dead Harding into walls.

Killers going "What on earth are you doing" 🤣

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I'm not a survivor main but I have the most fun playing survivor interacting with the killer and other survivors.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

1) Crossplay. There is no crossplay messaging system (and I'm not turning it off to play PC Lobby Simulator).

2) PC. A LOT of people on PC have endgame chat closed and their Steam profiles private, so no messaging.

That's been my overall experience, anyway.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Pretty much the same as what I find fun about playing killer: outplaying my opponent(s).

My absolute favorite thing in DBD is the interaction between killer and survivor at actually good tiles where there's room for mindgames and predictions. Doesn't matter if it's making it so a survivor runs into me because they thought I'd go the other way around the tile, or if it's hearing a killer swing at a pallet thinking I'm still playing the tile when I made the call to abandon it alltogether.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I’m not a survivor main but one way to have fun is to play matches with a certain goal in mind. Sometimes I play the Dwight Knight - as Dwight I have to save the girls on my team at all costs, even if I die in the process. So I run altruism perks and will go down blocking hits or trying to get flashlight saves, and so on. I don’t throw the match or anything but I will sacrifice myself. Running meme builds can be fun (pebble is a good one), or just trying to pull off silly plays.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Ooo i do this on occasions. My favorite is 'Busty Santa'

Jane all decked out in chest grabbing perks, then amid doing gens and whatnot, i leave the other survivors cool presents. Livens up those days where i spend most of my time running after injured players with a procced We'll make it, slowly going to waste.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Looping killers, even though killers always chase another survivor besides me.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's relaxed and easy, you only have to do 2-3 chases and even then you're the one in control for most of it.

• Yffriium
    Yffriium Member Posts: 140

I find running from the killer is so incredibly rewarding. Even if we all lose, as long as I get in a good chase, it's a fun game. Despite what others may think, there's an incredibly high skill ceiling for survivor, & I love improving with each match.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

This pretty much for me as well.

and of course the variety of killers/powers and perks add to this.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Oh that’s a fun one! I’ve done the same kind of build before but as Santa Claud. :D

• moimv
    moimv Member Posts: 12

Try some different builds and have fun, even in red ranks you get horrible teammates crouching in a corner while you die on first hook.

So the best way to enjoy it is to have fun, learn the game and don't take it so seriously.

Btw the thing i like the most is looping killers despite im not that good.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I'm not a survivor main, I play both sides fairly equally, but I definitely enjoy the normal survivor gameplay of trying to get gens done and evading the killer. If the killer is good and knows how to pressure maps the matches can be particularly fun since there's more interaction with the killer. I personally also don't find gens too boring, as long as it's not the only thing I do in the entire match.

Chases are very fun especially on maps that have pallet loops that can be mindgamed by both survivor and killer. It always feels good when you can mindgame a killer succesfully. I also find enjoyment in stealth, especially when the killer is powerful and you have to fear being caught by him.