Change the obsession system?

Theres a flaw with the obsession system, it says someone in the match has an obsession perk, for the killer this means there’s a high chance of decisive so they’re less likely to tunnel, but if there isn’t. There’s not much stopping them.

I believe that there should be an obsession every game.

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Ah yes. Let's change an entire gameplay system to give DS a sneaky buff. Brilliant.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Nah honestly I agree; so many solo games where I'm like "let's change up my build", no obsession, and suddenly everyone's being hardcore tunenled.

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88

yeah man but hey while we're at it why not just give all the players that obsession icon, so we also know whenever someone is in a chase or not ;)

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I'm not really opposed to it. No obsession legit encourages tunneling which I think is BS.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I think there should be an actual downside to being the obsession, like the Devs seem to think there is (if their DS rework post is anything to go by). Imagine if DS never got changed, but suddenly the obsession did everything (including running) 5% slower. Natural DS nerf: suddenly no-one wants to be the obsession, who is actually the character the killer is forced to ignore for most of the game if they have obsession perks.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Actually a good idea to buff solos though then buff killers accordingly. SWFs wouldn't benefit from this at all