I Made Perks Based Off Philosophical Questions. What Do You Think Of Them?

Options
SCP_FOR_DBD
SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
edited August 2020 in Polls

I made some perks based off of philosophical questions. The first 3 are from one of my chapter concepts but no one read that so I don't feel bad about re using them.

Rokos Basilisk: Upon hitting a survivor they will be Oblivious for 60 seconds. After the 60 seconds all survivors in 16/24/32 meters of the survivor will be exposed for 60 seconds. It can only be applied to one survivor at a time. It goes on cooldown for 90 seconds at a time.

Cartesian Demon: All injured survivors will see hallucinations. These can be random fake skill checks, not hearing a skill check noise, Or having the line slowly move. These will occur every 90/60/30 seconds.

Prisoners Dilemma:(This is gonna be very complicated, so stay with me) If 2 survivors are hooked the perk will activate, results will be determined after 90/60/30 seconds (It will pause if the killer is within 32 meters of the hook, to discourage camping), many things can happen. If both are rescued the 2 will be broken for 60 seconds. If one is rescued but the other isn't the one who wasn't saved will be broken for the rest of the match. If neither are rescued they will be broken for 2 minutes. It can only be used once per match.

Achilles Tortoise: Can activate once per match. Upon taking a protection hit this perk will activate. The killer will be slowed to 100% for 5/10/15 seconds. Nurse will be slowed to 85%.

The Chinese Room: If a survivor has not interacted with another survivor for 90/60/30 seconds. They're status will not be updated and they will not make any noise (That survivors can hear) until another survivor physically sees them. They're aura will also be hidden.

It was very hard to make these perks not OP or worthless, but also staying true to the questions.

Edit: Changed Cartesian Demon and Chinese Room based off TapeKnots feedback. Changed Achilles Tortoise based off Benkis feedback.

I Made Perks Based Off Philosophical Questions. What Do You Think Of Them? 17 votes

I Like Them All
0%
I Like Most
35%
musstang62tenoresaxnotstarboardPior_MortebubbabrothaBitingSea 6 votes
I Like Around Half
23%
Seiko300UistreelFobbobenki 4 votes
I Like Less Than Half
29%
DimekEobardThawneKage_JihiCitrusfruitBeast123344 5 votes
I Like None Of Them
11%
TapeKnotYffriium 2 votes
Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on

Comments

• benki
    benki Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I Like Around Half

I really like the philosophical background to these perks, but most as they are right now are a bit too complicated making them not only difficult to understand, but also really hard to make work. Good concepts though, i'd be interested to see how you would simplify them.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! Any suggestions for how I can make them better?

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options
    I Like None Of Them

Most of these perks are far too complex for the game, and almost all of them are overpowered or make other perks obsolete.

Rokos Basilisk: Overpowered, also makes Nemesis more or less a downgrade.

Cartesian Demon: Does too much for just one perk, also the Doctor is a killer that almost all of this already.

Prisoners Dilemma: Overly-complicated and overpowered.

Achilles Tortoise: Overpowered. It might just be better than DS if used well.

The Chinese Room: Not a very good perk in general, and SWF obliterates any use it could have.

It's hard to say how these perks could be improved...

Rokos Basilisk shouldn't apply oblivious on hit with no prerequisites unless it becomes a hex perk, and the exposed status effect should either be removed or the range and duration should be considerably decreased.

Cartesian Demon couldn't work in concept, as the Doctor does everything the perk does but better. Plus, there shouldn't be perks that function as "mini-killers".

Prisoners Dilemma needs to be heavily simplified and nerfed. Perhaps when two survivors are hooked at the same time, the first survivor to be rescued is afflicted with the broken status effect for 60 seconds? Although even then, there are survivor perks that do exactly what this perk does (Deliverance and Second Wind), which would make this perk a lot less useful.

Achilles Tortoise just can't work, both in concept and in execution. It needs to be changed to something completely different. It can just extend early chases by a massive amount, which is horrible during the start of the trial when the killer has no pressure and HAS to down someone fast to not lose.

The Chinese Room is not powerful enough and even if it was buffed, a perk like that really doesn't fit the game. There are also a TON of survivor perks that reveal other survivor auras to you, which makes this perk even worse. Perhaps it could be reworked so that if a survivor is not physically seen by other survivors in 30 seconds, that survivor's aura is no longer shown and they are afflicted with the blindness status effect until seen by another survivor again.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

I appreciate the feedback! However I do disagree with some of it.

To start with the complexity issue, they need to be complex in order to stay true to the questions. I never tried to make them more complex than something like deathbound though, asking me to simplify them kinda ruins the point.

Rokos Basilisk: This perk is in the same vein of make your choice and dragons grip, unlike them though theres way more of a chance no one will get exposed. And theres a chance multiple people will get exposed. I don't see it having anything to do with nemesis cause it has nothing to do with the obsession.

Cartesian Demon: I see the problem here. I'll change it to be skill check focused, so it doesn't mess with doc.

Prisoners Dilemma: I don't see the problem with this one. You say its overpowered but your using an entire perk slot to maybe leave someone broken for a long time. And while in concept its complicated, in execution not so much. For survivors its basically just rescue everyone, if you only rescue one the other gets punished. If you rescue neither they both get punished.

Achilles Tortoise: I see the problem here too, I'll change it to something else when I think of it.

Chinese Room: I see the problem here, but I think it could work. I'll edit it to include hidden auras along with what it currently does.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• benki
    benki Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I Like Around Half

Here's how I would change them. Maybe not so attached to the original themes, but just simple ideas for fun!

Rokos Basilisk: After hitting a survivor they are affected by the blindness status for 40 seconds. After the blindness runs out, the survivor will scream and you can see the auras of other survivors in 16/24/32 meters of the survivor.

Cartesian Demon: Injured survivors will occasionally hear fake skill checks. Moderately increases the chances of injured survivors to have skill checks going in the opposite direction.

Prisoners Dilemma: An additional chest will spawn in the basement. If a survivor opens this chest, they will suffer from the oblivious status for 60 seconds. You can see the auras of survivors interacting with chests within 24/32/40 meters.

Achilles Tortoise: Upon taking a protection hit for another survivor, the killer will be slowed to 100% for 5/10/15 seconds. You do not receive the speed boost from protection hits.

The Chinese Room: Injured survivors sounds and auras are hidden from other survivors for 30/60/90 seconds

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

Thanks, these are all so different that they might be different perks. I will edit Achilles Tortoise to your suggestion though, since it fits the theory and is more balanced.